fastpass + for SOG or S&D guests ?

Judy from Boise

Watch out – might take away your
My family either stays at Shades of Green or Swan and Dolphin, and as such we never use DME or book packages...........any guesses on how Fastpass + would work for us in the future ?

We don't even know for sure how Fastpass + will work for guests staying at WDW run resorts.

You'll take a guess. SoG seems to be more like DTD hotels. They don't use WDW transportation. There was a time in which they weren't going to participate with EMH--they didn't want to pay what Disney wanted to charge. I'll guess SoG won't have much to do with Fp+.

S/D. No idea. They participate with EMH and use Disney transportation. I'll speculate there may be something in their contract (lease) with WDW which guarantees their guests certain perks which are offered to WDW resort guests. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

edited to add: I posted before Cheshire Figment. Based on his information I'd say the chances are very small S/D will participate with FP+

It won't. FP+ is strictly for people staying at a Disney owned and operated resort. It can only be on your KTTW, and at SoG or Swolphin you don't get a KTTW.

My family either stays at Shades of Green or Swan and Dolphin, and as such we never use DME or book packages...........any guesses on how Fastpass + would work for us in the future ?

So far, the limited testing for FastPass+ has only involved guests staying at Disney-owned resorts at WDW. It remains to be seen whether Disney offers to sell this service to Shades of Green, Swan & Dolphin, and other non-Disney resorts -- and whether those resorts are then willing to pay Disney's price for the competitive advantage that FastPass+ could provide against other non-Disney resorts.

Keep in mind that WDW Transportation serves Swan & Dolphin. And Extra Magic Hours are not only for guests at Disney-owned resorts, but also guests at Dolphin & Swan, Hilton Downtown Disney, and Shades of Green. (Other on-site resorts on Hotel Plaza Blvd. essentially operate as off-site properties.)

Along similar lines, it remains to be seen how the larger NextGen initiative will serve guests who are not staying at Disney-owned resorts.

Interesting. Our next two trips will find us staying at Hilton Bonnet Creek in an effort to achieve Hilton Honors diamond status.

This may be a deal breaker for us as i cant see us going back to Disney properties when we love swolphin so much.

Could be DLR for us where we do stay on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter