Fastpass+ for Fantasmic

EvangelineG

Mouseketeer
I am wondering how much fastpass+ helps with the wait for Fantasmic?

We have not attempted Fantasmic yet due to our sons' issues (ASD, high anxiety, trouble with enclosed spaces, people in close proximity, large crowds, "herding" situations, fear of germs, foods, sensory issues etc.). Waiting in a line surrounded by people and then entering a stadium full of people to wait even longer would be a lot to ask of them, especially in an evening when they are not at their best to begin with (they are both morning guys). But they would like to try to see the show on our upcoming December 2014 trip if at all possible.

I am wondering exactly how getting a fastpass + for Fantasmic works to reduce the wait? Would we be ok showing up only 10-20 minutes prior to the show?

We don't really care about getting the best seats, although avoiding the splash zone would be better than not because of sensory issues, and an aisle seat would be ideal in case we had to leave suddenly.

Note: I am not sure if we will request a DAS on this trip. We have had a GAC on previous trips, but my sons are feeling VERY overwhelmed and mortified about the idea of discussing their issues (or allowing me to discuss them) with a stranger at guest services in order to request the card, so I am going to let them make the final decision on how to handle their needs. So without a DAS are you able to request aisle seating for this, or how would that work?

Thanks for the help!

I can't speak to how the FP+ works with entry, but as to seating, you can select any open seat when you enter the seating area, so an aisle seat shouldn't be a problem.

I used FP+ for Fantasmic last week. When the gate opened, the FP+ people were allowed to enter the seating area immediately, the rest of the crowd was allowed about 2/3 of the way to the theater. where they were redirected off to the right to what must've been another holding point. It took some time, maybe 15+ minutes, before the non FP+ people were allowed entry.

That was the big SSW day, with Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams in attendance. The park was CROWDED.

... I am wondering exactly how getting a fastpass + for Fantasmic works to reduce the wait? Would we be ok showing up only 10-20 minutes prior to the show?

We don't really care about getting the best seats, although avoiding the splash zone would be better than not because of sensory issues, and an aisle seat would be ideal in case we had to leave suddenly. ...

While I have not used a FP+ for Fantasmic!, my understanding is that it essentially allows for early admittance to the theater and a first pick of seats. I don't know that it necessarily eliminates wait time in the theater or would help much for near-show-time arrival as the standby guests will have been admitted by then. Seating is first-come first-served, so if you have preferences (aisle, etc.) you would likely not want to arrive too close to show time regardless of whether using a FP+ or not.

I believe the DAS works similar to FP+ in that you will be allowed entry with the FP+ users. But neither will give you the option of "requesting" an aisle seat without arriving at the appropriate time to hold it before the standby crowd enters the theater. You may or may not have better luck with a Fantasmic! dinner package as that is a whole reserved section(s) of seating that standby cannot enter until 5 minutes prior to show time.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you so much for your replies. Sadly it doesn't seem that FP+ would do much for our needs in this case.

We weren't planning to be in HS for a meal that day, so the dinner package is not an option.

I am thinking we may just see how our sons are feeling that night and then go from there. Like I said we haven't attempted it on any of our previous trips...it just isn't a good fit for our needs. :( I was hoping the fastpass might mean we could line up last minute (like a ticket for a concert where you have a guaranteed spot).

Besides the guest info you already got, I have a few other suggestions.

First, I think it's good for you to let them decide about requesting DAS. They sound like they are old enough to be self-advocating, and Disney is a pretty 'safe' place to start. If it would help them to not feel self conscious about it, they could write out something for the CMs to read. That is perfectly acceptable to do and is helpful for people who are afraid they will freeze or get embarrassed.

It sounds like you already have your day picked out for HS, but I would suggest checking one of the planning calendars if you haven't already to make sure you have chosen the least busy day. Popular ones include www.touringplans.com and www.easywdw.com

If there are 2 shows of Fantasmic, the last show is generally going to be much less crowded. I don't know if Fastpass Plus is offered for the second show. But, it's often only half full on unbusy nights, so coming shortly before the show begins you may still get good seats.

There are some recent threads on the Theme Parks Board that talk about Fastpass Plus for Fantasmic. Here is one:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289223
We used the dining package seating last fall when we saw Fantasmic. The Fastpass Plus entry was used by Fastpass Plus, dining package and DAS. It was much less crowded than the regular line and there was a specific area for dining and Fastpass Plus. I felt the separate waiting area/entrance was helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter