FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s correct. The system will not show you any slots that are booked with other FPs.

I've noticed when booking/changing FP in the last week or so that some of the FP times shown have a box around them and a note that says "you already have a FP booked at this time." So it seems to be letting me know that a given FP time is available for that attraction, but I can't book it because I've already booked a conflicting FP. There was even one that seemed to be outside of one of our FP windows - then I realized that it was a FP for a show, and the show time conflicted with an existing FP window.

I've noticed when booking/changing FP in the last week or so that some of the FP times shown have a box around them and a note that says "you already have a FP booked at this time." So it seems to be letting me know that a given FP time is available for that attraction, but I can't book it because I've already booked a conflicting FP. There was even one that seemed to be outside of one of our FP windows - then I realized that it was a FP for a show, and the show time conflicted with an existing FP window.
Thanks! :) It’s probably so someone can cancel if they really want one that’s available.

One more FP question. I have no faith that everyone in my party will actually go through with some of the scarier rides. For example -- if Space Mountain is our last scheduled FP for the day and one of them decides not to ride - can I transfer their FP to my account? I'll have already used my three for the day. I'm just paranoid because I don't want to accidentally break any rules.

One more FP question. I have no faith that everyone in my party will actually go through with some of the scarier rides. For example -- if Space Mountain is our last scheduled FP for the day and one of them decides not to ride - can I transfer their FP to my account? I'll have already used my three for the day. I'm just paranoid because I don't want to accidentally break any rules.

I think that what most people do in that case is just use the non-rider's MB (or ticket if they don't have a MB) to enter and go through the FP queue. That assumes you don't want to change the non-rider's FPs (cancel the scary ride and book something else for them).

ETA: As long as the non-rider is in the park already, you won't be breaking any rules.

I think that what most people do in that case is just use the non-rider's MB (or ticket if they don't have a MB) to enter and go through the FP queue. That assumes you don't want to change the non-rider's FPs (cancel the scary ride and book something else for them).

I thought about that - I was hesitant just because they'll likely be using the charging privileges on the band and/or we may split up for a longer period of time than just the duration of the ride.

But I'll suggest that to them if the time comes. I just like options, but I also don't want to anger the Disney Tiki gods with accidental FP rule-breaking.

Assuming this is okay: Let's say I have FP scheduled for a ride, I arrive there, and the standby line is minimal. Couldn't I just do standby and then modify that FP to another, assuming I follow all tiering rules? Figure I would only want to do this if that occurred during my 1st or 2nd FP as if it was my 3rd (or later), I could just use FP and immediately look for a 4th, etc.

Assuming this is okay: Let's say I have FP scheduled for a ride, I arrive there, and the standby line is minimal. Couldn't I just do standby and then modify that FP to another, assuming I follow all tiering rules? Figure I would only want to do this if that occurred during my 1st or 2nd FP as if it was my 3rd (or later), I could just use FP and immediately look for a 4th, etc.
I think you can change your FP for anything at anytime if it's available.

Yes, you can Modify or even Cancel and rebook. Agree it’s best to tap and use the FP#3 especially if you’re trying to repeat a Tier 1.

I’ve only seen that box/alert when booking a new FP, not when modifying. Would be great if they offered that functionality when modifying, too.

Thanks for the great FAQ, I may get through most of it before I can book on 11/22!
:welcome: to DISboards and @mesaboy2’s FAQ!

Just read through all of @mesaboy2’s first few posts. :) Focus on the booking post, the strategies post, and the priorities post.

And if you have any questions, please post and someone will assist you!

Question on FP+ selections.

Due to needing to cancel our reservation back in September due to the hurricane, Disney has given us fast passes for "Multiple Experiences" that are valid for the fast passes we had already set for the specific rides and can be used anytime, any day throughout our rescheduled timeframe and do not need to be pre-booked. These "Multiple Experiences" are Small World, Peter Pan, BT Railroad, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Na'vi River, Kilimanjaro Safari, Festival of Lion King, Tomorrowland Speedway, Space Mountain, Enchanted Tales with Belle and Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor. So, basically we had everything planned out. Originally, we had 4day Park Hopper and were only going to MK and AK. Now, we have 5day and are going to include Epcot, with 3 days at MK and one day at the other two. Our party is 3 adults and 3 kids (6, 4 and 4).

Now, my question has to do with our new plan. From what I've read on various blogs and the like, it is very possible that if I schedule a new FP for a ride I have a "Multiple Experience" FP for, that instead of the new FP, the "Multiple Experience" FP will be used. Obviously, if that happens, it would throw a wrench into any time-based plans for the new FP unless we wanted to ride back to back. Does anyone have any further input on how these "Multiple Experience" FP are used versus a time-based FP if we wanted to schedule another FP for a ride we already have one of these for?

Thanks in advance.

Question on FP+ selections.

Due to needing to cancel our reservation back in September due to the hurricane, Disney has given us fast passes for "Multiple Experiences" that are valid for the fast passes we had already set for the specific rides and can be used anytime, any day throughout our rescheduled timeframe and do not need to be pre-booked. These "Multiple Experiences" are Small World, Peter Pan, BT Railroad, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Na'vi River, Kilimanjaro Safari, Festival of Lion King, Tomorrowland Speedway, Space Mountain, Enchanted Tales with Belle and Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor. So, basically we had everything planned out. Originally, we had 4day Park Hopper and were only going to MK and AK. Now, we have 5day and are going to include Epcot, with 3 days at MK and one day at the other two. Our party is 3 adults and 3 kids (6, 4 and 4).

Now, my question has to do with our new plan. From what I've read on various blogs and the like, it is very possible that if I schedule a new FP for a ride I have a "Multiple Experience" FP for, that instead of the new FP, the "Multiple Experience" FP will be used. Obviously, if that happens, it would throw a wrench into any time-based plans for the new FP unless we wanted to ride back to back. Does anyone have any further input on how these "Multiple Experience" FP are used versus a time-based FP if we wanted to schedule another FP for a ride we already have one of these for?

Thanks in advance.
In your MDE account, are these Multiple Experience FPs loaded in at 3 per day?

For other types of “Anytime FPs,” they would automatically be deducted if a time-based FP was not used within the exact 1-hour Return Window - no grace periods allowed.

With your “Anytime” FPs being earmarked for specific rides, it seems the FP system will deduct them first. You may have to develop a plan to use your 3 Anytimes before your first use of any pre-booked FP. Basically you have to plan 3 Anytimes followed by 3 pre-booked... not bad... Thanks, Irma! ;)

I currently have a room and ticket package booked at Pop for January 2018. FP+ booking date (60 days out) is in about 2 weeks. I got the 5 day parkhopper with an extra day "free" promotion, but after looking at offers outside of Disney, I should be able to get a better rate on tickets. If I decide to cancel the Disney tickets, keep the room, and buy tickets from an outside broker like UT or Mousesavers, as long as I have a code to link them to my MDE before the 60 day booking date, I should be fine to book FP+ when the window opens, correct? The 60 day window is for guests staying at a disney resort, regardless of whether they purchased their tickets directly from Disney or not?

I currently have a room and ticket package booked at Pop for January 2018. FP+ booking date (60 days out) is in about 2 weeks. I got the 5 day parkhopper with an extra day "free" promotion, but after looking at offers outside of Disney, I should be able to get a better rate on tickets. If I decide to cancel the Disney tickets, keep the room, and buy tickets from an outside broker like UT or Mousesavers, as long as I have a code to link them to my MDE before the 60 day booking date, I should be fine to book FP+ when the window opens, correct? The 60 day window is for guests staying at a disney resort, regardless of whether they purchased their tickets directly from Disney or not?

Correct.

Does anyone know if Disney would have an issue with my decision to cancel the tickets and just keep the room, and can I do that online or do I need to call them? I know what the price of the room would be separately, just having priced it out. I'm wondering if Disney would charge me a higher room price if I "unbundle" my reservation, or if I should book another separate reservation with room only and cancel the other package reservation...

Does anyone know if Disney would have an issue with my decision to cancel the tickets and just keep the room, and can I do that online or do I need to call them? I know what the price of the room would be separately, just having priced it out. I'm wondering if Disney would charge me a higher room price if I "unbundle" my reservation, or if I should book another separate reservation with room only and cancel the other package reservation...

A room and ticket package is a particular kind of deal. They can rebook you without tickets, but it would be subject to the pricing and deals for a room only at that point in time.

I read the faq but am still slightly confused. We have not been to Wdw since they started the fp+. We are staying onsite at POR for a week then moving offsite to Orange Lake for a week. Currently have 10 days booked at POR but will change soon once I get confirmation for Orange Lake. I know I can book my fp for onsite 60 days out (currently March 29 based on our booking dates), but can I make fp selections for the offsite stay at this point or do I have to wait until I hit 30 days? The way it's worded in the faq confuses me, but that's easy LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter