FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast Pass Kiosks in the park questions

1. "are generally open during normal park hours only" -- for MK, does this mean the time they let you in the park or "rope drop" time?
2. Specifically, is the city hall kiosk usually open at 8am when rope drop is at 9am?
3. Last AUgust, there were kiosks in between Buzz & Laugh Floor. Have they been removed?
4. Last AUgust, there were no kiosks in Innoventions West Breezeway. Have they been added?

Very good thread. I have a question that I could not find an answer to after multiple searches.
When my 60 day window arrives can I include connected friends and family that check in the day after me in my fastpass+ reservations ? (technically it will be 61 days for them at my 60 day window).

Very good thread. I have a question that I could not find an answer to after multiple searches.
When my 60 day window arrives can I include connected friends and family that check in the day after me in my fastpass+ reservations ? (technically it will be 61 days for them at my 60 day window).
Yes, you can book FPs for anyone who is listed or linked to your MDE account as long as they have valid ticket entitlements.

Before I change our resort reservation, I want to make sure I have this right. Originally our resort stay was at the beginning of our trip then we were staying offsite so I knew about the rolling 60 days for FP. If I make the onsite portion at the end of our trip, I can go back and make FP for the first few days once I hit the 60 day mark, is this right? This is our first time staying offsite; I never paid much attention to the FP rules before this.

If I make the onsite portion at the end of our trip, I can go back and make FP for the first few days once I hit the 60 day mark
As long as your tickets are linked separately and not in a "package," you can book FPs for all park days.

The reason for keeping the seas is that you will be ahead of anyone with 3 scheduled at HS trying for a 4th (2nd tier 1). If you are trying to get 2 at HS, then waiting until scanning at FEA would be fine. It would just be less availability at that point. I did something similar last month. Had Turtle Talk at 9:15 and FEA at 12:10. I was able to get 3rd (at MK) just after 9:15, long before anyone at MK could get their 4th.

And I learned the method from your thread :)
Worked perfectly, this past Thursday EMH morning!!! But, we ended up riding Seas before 9:00...no line at all. So, we headed back to the entry line & scanned our bands 5 min before 9. While front in line waiting for Character Spot to open, I was able to get the fastpass for Toy Story for 5:05!! Perfect time since we had ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 7PM.
THANKS so much for everyone's help!!! I would have never known this could be possible

I'm testing/practicing making FP slections

There are 5 of us in our party. Three have two each of the 5 day military salute tickets. 2 have 10 day tickets

I made 7 days of FP without problems, but for the 8th day, it will only let me make FP for the two that have the 10 day tickets.

Please help!
Update:

Last Tuesday (May 9) I emailed guest.services@disnseyworld.com about this issue.

On Sunday (May 14) I got a voice mail requesting I return their call (direct number) about this issue. I was able to speak to him yesterday. He said the reason he took so many days to get back to me was so that he could research the details on the rules to determine the number of days you can make FP reservations. According to him:

The number of days for which you can make FP reservations has two limitations.

1. The number of days for which you have tickets is the max number of days

2. The max number of days you can make FP reservations is the LARGEST of the following three criteria:
a. The days you are booked for a WDW resort
b. The number of days of the largest single ticket entitlement listed for the person
c. Seven

Therefore, as I am still outside my 60 day resort window, with two 5 day tickets, I can make 7 days of FP selections for the three adults with two 5 day tickets. But once my window opens, I'll be able to make all 10 days, but only because I'm staying onsite.

He did say that some tickets have difficulty in the system, and don't result in these rules working correctly, and they need to manually fix it (specifically mentioned non-expiring tickets from pre-2007 - he did add the year might be off though, for this issue).

I didn't think of it while on the phone at the time, otherwise I would have asked specifically about party tickets. If you are staying offsite, and have a 7 day or more ticket, plus a party ticket, it seems you would be locked out of making FP for 8 days, assuming you wanted FP for 4-7 pm on the party day.

Lastly, he added that, just to give me peace of mind, while he can't imagine why I would have problems on my 60 day mark, he said that if I am locked out at 7 days for the salute tickets, I should make the last 3 days with the two 10 day tickets, and leave him a voice mail. He said he would then go in and manually copy those FP to the remainder of my party later that day.

Update:

Last Tuesday (May 9) I emailed guest.services@disnseyworld.com about this issue.

On Sunday (May 14) I got a voice mail requesting I return their call (direct number) about this issue. I was able to speak to him yesterday. He said the reason he took so many days to get back to me was so that he could research the details on the rules to determine the number of days you can make FP reservations. According to him:

The number of days for which you can make FP reservations has two limitations.

1. The number of days for which you have tickets is the max number of days

2. The max number of days you can make FP reservations is the LARGEST of the following three criteria:
a. The days you are booked for a WDW resort
b. The number of days of the largest single ticket entitlement listed for the person
c. Seven

Therefore, as I am still outside my 60 day resort window, with two 5 day tickets, I can make 7 days of FP selections for the three adults with two 5 day tickets. But once my window opens, I'll be able to make all 10 days, but only because I'm staying onsite.

He did say that some tickets have difficulty in the system, and don't result in these rules working correctly, and they need to manually fix it (specifically mentioned non-expiring tickets from pre-2007 - he did add the year might be off though, for this issue).

I didn't think of it while on the phone at the time, otherwise I would have asked specifically about party tickets. If you are staying offsite, and have a 7 day or more ticket, plus a party ticket, it seems you would be locked out of making FP for 8 days, assuming you wanted FP for 4-7 pm on the party day.

Lastly, he added that, just to give me peace of mind, while he can't imagine why I would have problems on my 60 day mark, he said that if I am locked out at 7 days for the salute tickets, I should make the last 3 days with the two 10 day tickets, and leave him a voice mail. He said he would then go in and manually copy those FP to the remainder of my party later that day.

Are you saying you could book more than 5 days of FPs with the two 5-day tickets or only 5 days of FPs but scattered over 7 days (i.e. 7 day period in which 5 can be scheduled)?

Are you saying you could book more than 5 days of FPs with the two 5-day tickets or only 5 days of FPs but scattered over 7 days (i.e. 7 day period in which 5 can be scheduled)?
I could book FP for any 7 days within the 30 day window. (at 3/day, so 21 FP total). So, right now, I can book FP for May 17 and June 15, as well as 5 additional days in between those two dates, for 7 days of FP total.

Hi there,
I have a reservation for one night on 06/28/17 at All Star Movies Resort (room only - free cancellation until 06/23/17) and a separate MYW Base Ticket for 6 days.
I just made FP+ reservations on 6 days (06/17-06/20 and 06/28-06/29).
I will stay offsite during the earlier part of my vacation.
I will use my FP+ reservations from 06/17 until 06/20 at first, but what happens if I cancel my Disney hotel stay AFTER using these FP+ reservations (and before the cancellation deadline)? Technically it might be possible. Any thoughts on that? Just asking.

I have a few questions and sorry if this has been answered I looked in the freq fp posts and didn't see specifically:
We are going to AK for the first time, knowing that fp selections work the same as MK I have a few questions
1. initially the fp selections for AK were all late at night but for specific things we wanted to do ex: Expedition Everest and the safari...should I cancel those and just choose any fp that I can get in the am so that I can try to get some others for later...sn: we are going sunday May 28th..eeek!! I'm under the impression its going to be just as packed on sunday as it was Saturday...so its probably going to be a big miss for fp selections. can anyone give me some advice?
2. My initial plan was to go at opening and head to the Avatar rides and try to get one or both of those with little wait. then try to tackle anything else. We don't really have any expectations other than my kids really want to do the safari.
3. what would be the best time to do the safari?
thanks so much:)

Could someone please post a link to the actual steps you need to take once you have your FP+ reservations confirmed on your app? Like, when you go to the park....than what you do with it? I am sure it is somewhere in this thread, but search could not narrow it and there are 90 pages now :s
This is going to be our first WDW trip, and I don't know much sorry... when we went to Disneyland few years ago there was no such thing as FP app :) And we do not have MagicBands, so I am not sure if that makes a difference regarding FP+?

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it

I could book FP for any 7 days within the 30 day window. (at 3/day, so 21 FP total). So, right now, I can book FP for May 17 and June 15, as well as 5 additional days in between those two dates, for 7 days of FP total.

Thanks. I think I finally got it after reading through the post again...:o

I have a few questions and sorry if this has been answered I looked in the freq fp posts and didn't see specifically:
We are going to AK for the first time, knowing that fp selections work the same as MK I have a few questions
1. initially the fp selections for AK were all late at night but for specific things we wanted to do ex: Expedition Everest and the safari...should I cancel those and just choose any fp that I can get in the am so that I can try to get some others for later...sn: we are going sunday May 28th..eeek!! I'm under the impression its going to be just as packed on sunday as it was Saturday...so its probably going to be a big miss for fp selections. can anyone give me some advice?
2. My initial plan was to go at opening and head to the Avatar rides and try to get one or both of those with little wait. then try to tackle anything else. We don't really have any expectations other than my kids really want to do the safari.
3. what would be the best time to do the safari?
thanks so much:)
Keep the fp you have. Might be a blessing having them be late. Get to AK as early as you can and ride FoP first. If river journey has a standby wait you can stomach you can do that next. Otherwise there is plenty to do that you really don't need a fp for that will keep you busy until it is time for your fp.

Make sure you catch festival of the lion king. Fantastic show.

Keep the fp you have. Might be a blessing having them be late. Get to AK as early as you can and ride FoP first. If river journey has a standby wait you can stomach you can do that next. Otherwise there is plenty to do that you really don't need a fp for that will keep you busy until it is time for your fp.

Make sure you catch festival of the lion king. Fantastic show.
Thank you so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter