FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arriving super late, so Disney springs first day. Then Ak on 2nd day, with MK on the 3rd day. Since we can only book 3 passes per park, i was going to bypass AK since we'd be getting there during a emh and use the fp starting on the 3rd day. Or should we use fp on the first park of your trip regardless of what park it is?

you get three passes per park per day (with the ability to add more after you use those three). if you are only going to AK on that second day, you might as well make FP reservations at AK for that day because you won't be able to use them on another day (which is what i think you are assuming).

Edit to clarify: you get three passes per park day. all must be used at the same park. after you use those three you can get additional, one at a time, at any of the parks. you have to use those passes on that day. you can't bank them to another day.

Arriving super late, so Disney springs first day. Then Ak on 2nd day, with MK on the 3rd day. Since we can only book 3 passes per park, i was going to bypass AK since we'd be getting there during a emh and use the fp starting on the 3rd day. Or should we use fp on the first park of your trip regardless of what park it is?
You have 3 FP slots to pre-book for each park day. Each booked FP saves you from standing in the Standby line - this is important if you will be attempting a Pandora ride.

Go ahead and book FPs and then Modify or Cancel them if you decide you don't need them.

you get three passes per park per day (with the ability to add more after you use those three). if you are only going to AK on that second day, you might as well make FP reservations at AK for that day because you won't be able to use them on another day (which is what i think you are assuming).

Edit to clarify: you get three passes per park day. all must be used at the same park. after you use those three you can get additional, one at a time, at any of the parks. you have to use those passes on that day. you can't bank them to another day.

Just read the previous reply and found my answer lol. I was confused about how many i could pre-book. Thank you!

Just verifying one last time..when my 60 days come up i can reserve 27 fast passes with 3 per day? (since i'm staying 9 days) If so, that is completely different then what i heard and 10x better lol.
Yes. Book 3 FPs for each park day. If you are staying in the same park, after you enter the line for FP#3, use the app and book FP#4. Use #4 then book #5...

We tried it two different ways this very week. Saturday, we weren't getting 'settled' till around noon, so I booked three FP at 9-10 then 10-11, then 11-12, knowing we would miss all three. I did this specifically to test the theory of 'do skipped fPs show up as being 'used'?
When we finally entered the park at 1pm, knowing all 3 had passed and we assumed would show as used, we tried to get a 4th FP and we were told we had to use our 3 first. Dangit!

I went to customer service and asked and they told us we did need to actually use them and not just reserve them. They gave us 2 freebies so that helped as we re-scheduled for the day.

Just yesterday, we missed one by acccident and checked, and sure enough, same thing, we could not move on to a 4th without scheduling and using the 3rd one, not just 'missing' it.
What process were you using to book your 4th?

Here, for the people who don't know when their 60 day window opens, use this guys crowd calendar, all the way down the bottom of the day it tells you when the 30 day and 60 day window opens http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index
I don't think Kenny likes having links posted to his Character Locator site. It's for members who pay for his Character Locator service.

It's easier and faster to just ask Siri. She's never wrong. ;)

- FPs can be scheduled only during regular park hours, including the first and last hours of operation. All FP attractions can be scheduled for any part of the regular day, except Frozen Ever After which does not allow FPs before 11:00a.

Does Frozen still not issue FP until 11?

dont know if this questiong was asked before, but i cant find it.. I have fastpasses for my husband and I and 2 grand daughters to do the meet mickey and minnie at the outpost. Do me and my DH really need fast passes for this to stand with them inline? I was hoping i could just do 2 fastpasses for that and then 2 for later in the day for expedition everest.

dont know if this questiong was asked before, but i cant find it.. I have fastpasses for my husband and I and 2 grand daughters to do the meet mickey and minnie at the outpost. Do me and my DH really need fast passes for this to stand with them inline? I was hoping i could just do 2 fastpasses for that and then 2 for later in the day for expedition everest.

Yes. From Post #2:
- All guests entering an attraction's FP queue must have a valid FP for that attraction, including all character M&Gs. The only exceptions to this are small children under 3yo, who do not need FPs.

RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.

"FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations."

Can these tickets that need to be activated only be activated "10 days" in advance of the package stay?

Thank you

"FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations."

Can these tickets that need to be activated only be activated "10 days" in advance of the package stay?

Thank you

They can be activated up to 10 days in advance.

Last edited:
They can be upgraded up to 10 days in advance.
So if I am understanding correctly, if I want to make fast passes for the RO stay that is tied to the package tickets the absolute earliest would be 10 days because I can't activate those tickets until 10 days before the package starts? So really you don't get much of an advantage with the RO stay related to booking fast passes? Am I missing something here?

Thank you in advance for any help,
Jamby

So if I am understanding correctly, if I want to make fast passes for the RO stay that is tied to the package tickets the absolute earliest would be 10 days because I can't activate those tickets until 10 days before the package starts? So really you don't get much of an advantage with the RO stay related to booking fast passes? Am I missing something here?

Thank you in advance for any help,
Jamby

In this case, no.

Since your tickets are tied to the package stay, you are severely limited for booking FPs for days before your package stay begins. This is because the package tickets aren't considered valid until the package stay begins. You can make them valid up to 10 days sooner by activating them, but I believe that can only be done in person. If you had tickets purchased separately, this would not be an issue since they are valid as soon as they are purchased.

I hope I have that right, and I hope it's understandable. Split stays aren't really my forte. :goodvibes

In this case, no.

Since your tickets are tied to the package stay, you are severely limited for booking FPs for days before your package stay begins. This is because the package tickets aren't considered valid until the package stay begins. You can make them valid up to 10 days sooner by activating them, but I believe that can only be done in person. If you had tickets purchased separately, this would not be an issue since they are valid as soon as they are purchased.

I hope I have that right, and I hope it's understandable. Split stays aren't really my forte. :goodvibes
I have a room only stay followed by a package stay and my FP window opened 60 days out from my RO reservation date. This was just a few weeks ago. We have RO on June 4 and package stay June 5-12.

I have a room only stay followed by a package stay and my FP window opened 60 days out from my RO reservation date. This was just a few weeks ago. We have RO on June 4 and package stay June 5-12.

That is consistent with the verbiage in the FAQ. If my understanding is correct, you are unable however to actually book FPs for the RO portion of your trip.

Last edited:
That is consistent with the verbiage in the FAQ. If my understanding is correct, you are unable however to actually book FPs for the RO portion of your trip.
I did not book Fps for the RO portion because of our flight schedule. The system just opened 60 days out from the RO date, so I was able to book them essentially 61 days out.

I did not book Fps for the RO portion because of our flight schedule. The system just opened 60 days out from the RO date, so I was able to book them essentially 61 days out.
With your Stay #2 as a package, you wouldn't have been able to book FPs for Stay #1. Stay #1 just opened your consecutive booking windows.

My FP are booked. If I possibly want to change one, do I have to cancel one first before I can see what else is available? I tried logging on to MDE but I am unable to view what's still left for my days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter