• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass & Fantasmic ?

SFRN97

Mouseketeer
We have dinner reservations for the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose but I see you can get a fastpass for Fantasmic. Do those with Fastpass sit in the same area. In your opinion is it better to get Fastpass or stick with the Dinner Package. Going April 16-20. Thanks

I would stick with the dinner package - we just went and used the Dinner Package - we were able to get in between 6:15-6:30 and went in at about 6:20 and got great seats in the middle section about 1/3 up from the water. Best seats I've had. If you use the fast pass + then you can't get more than 3 FP+ for the day. If you plan well and use your FP+ early then you can potentially get more than 3. Depends on your touring style. Good luck.

I looked up the seating arrangement for FP+ vs the dinner package. It turns out the dinner package offers better seating than FP+. We got a lunch package through H&V as my son LOVES Disney Jr. :)

Dinner package seats are great! They are right in the center. The FP+ ones are on the far sides and not nearly as good of a view. If you are wanting better seats it would be worth it to keep the dinner seating.

Dinner package seats are great! They are right in the center. The FP+ ones are on the far sides and not nearly as good of a view. If you are wanting better seats it would be worth it to keep the dinner seating.
I don't know if they've changed the seating since I was there a few months ago in December (the 6th through the 13th), but we had the FP+ and we had seats dead center second row. We couldn't have asked for better seats. I remember saying after we were seated how I was glad we didn't spend all that money on the dinner package! We went to the second showing of the night and it was on a week night (I don't recall which night of the week it was, but it wasn't on a day with EMH). I'm not sure if that makes any difference. We were actually shocked at how great our seats were.

I don't know if they've changed the seating since I was there a few months ago in December (the 6th through the 13th), but we had the FP+ and we had seats dead center second row. We couldn't have asked for better seats. I remember saying after we were seated how I was glad we didn't spend all that money on the dinner package! We went to the second showing of the night and it was on a week night (I don't recall which night of the week it was, but it wasn't on a day with EMH). I'm not sure if that makes any difference. We were actually shocked at how great our seats were.
That may be a new thing! I was there in October with the dinner seats. If that is the case, then maybe I should cancel my reservations I have for Fantasmic Dinner seating in March :duck:

Same when we were there on Dec. 26th. Even with all the FP+ and dinner package people (+ they were doing that picnic package thing) the area never got too crowded, even though the stadium filled completely. (We had the package and had our pick of seats right in the center area) This was the 6:30 show; there were 3 Fantasmics that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter