FASTPASS Before Arriving

How likely would you be to secure FASTPASS® experiences BEFORE arriving at the Parks?

• Definitely would

• Probably would

• Might or might not

• Probably would not

• Definitely would not

Results are only viewable after voting.

dotcomguy

Earning My Ears
If you were able, how likely would you be to secure Disney FASTPASS® experiences BEFORE arriving at the Parks?

(Above is the actual survey question from a random survey Disney is giving to visitors of Disney.com.)

I only would because others would do it, and I'd want to be able to get Fastpasses...I like the system as it is now, no need to change it imo

The next question in the survey is:

Assuming you could secure Disney FASTPASS experiences as early as 90 days before arriving at the Disney Parks, when should Disney allow guests to begin booking dining reservations?

90 days before arriving
180 days before arriving
No Preference​

Not sure why this would change dining but that's what they asked

Now I see what they're getting at:

Which of the following best describes what you would do if you could secure Disney FASTPASS® experiences before arriving at the Parks?

-First I would secure MOST or ALL of my Disney FASTPASSES and then I would plan my Disney dining around the FASTPASS times
-First I would plan a few key Disney dining reservations AND a few key Disney FASTPASSES. Then I would organize the rest of my Disney dining and Disney FASTPASSES around those.
-First I would book MOST or ALL of my Disney dining reservations and then I would plan my Disney FASTPASSES around dining
-Don't Know​

I don't think I like this idea. I'm not sure why... it just seems all wrong. Like a very specific group is being catered to, but others would be left out in the cold. Maybe I'm missing something? Would they only release a certain number of "advance fastpasses" and still leave some for people in the park, day of?

I think it would be great if you were able to book one fastpass ride in advance per day. But making multiple fastpass reservations per day would be intense. I'm all for planning, but planning rides and food in advance is starting to sound more like work than a vacation.

I look at it this way. You think fastpass is hard for newbies to figure out now, this would make them turn in circles.

Also, I don't like it because it makes you decide exactly what you are going to do on your vacation 180 days out. Takes a lot of the fun out of it by micro managing it.

I wish Disney had another option to their survey, "I think this is a horrible idea." I answered "Definitely would" but that's only because if they offered it, I'd have to do it. It's like dining reservations. I would much rather not plan ANY reservations and be guaranteed a table anywhere we decide to eat but that;s not practical for disney or the other guests in my narcissistic utopia. Since the booking window is currently 180 days, I'm online/phone 180 days out booking reservations.

For me it's a chicken/egg sort of thing. If they offer it, I'll have to take advantage of it, but I'd rather they just not mess with the current system.

Here's a better idea. What if they offered fastpasses on your phone, same day, same rules as current fastpasses using GPS to make sure you're in the park? I'd be all over that. I'd rather not have to leave my family and run across the park to get a bunch of fastpasses.

I couldn't be more opposed to such a thing. If they think it's a nightmare now, can you imagine how bad this would be. Suppose you get a Fastpass for Splash Mtn. 90 days ahead and when you got there it was down because of an unscheduled maintenance thing. What then? They can't enforce the window now, how do they expect to do it then. It is an awful idea at it's best.

Like a poster above...I went for a probably would because I wouldn't have much of a choice, but I really wanted to say...Not just no, but hell no!

I couldn't be more opposed to such a thing. If they think it's a nightmare now, can you imagine how bad this would be. Suppose you get a Fastpass for Splash Mtn. 90 days ahead and when you got there it was down because of an unscheduled maintenance thing. What then? They can't enforce the window now, how do they expect to do it then. It is an awful idea at it's best.

Like a poster above...I went for a probably would because I wouldn't have much of a choice, but I really wanted to say...Not just no, but hell no!

:thumbsup2

I don't think this is a good idea.
I think the fastpasses would be gone for the popular rides a lot faster than usual.

I put probably, because if it was the only way I could ride certain rides, I would do it, but I would rather not.

Wow - this is tough and I'm not a Disney newbie!

I think there are so many factors - could you get just one FP per day? If so that would work for us - I generally plan out at least which park we're going to start in and then we park hop for the afternoon. Then we could either get one for the morning park or go ahead and plan the afternoon park and get one for a ride that tends to run out (Soarin, TSM).

But if you could get multiple FP (2 or more per day) that might make planning in terms of times etc more complicated.

Would I get them in advance - yes. Would I like the current system to change - no.

I think they should allow RESORT GUEST get one fastpass per day instantly for each ride. Like as soon as they get to the fast pass machine for that ride. No come back time on your first one for that ride.

Sort of like the front of the line thing the other place does but only one time per ride per day.

It would encourage people to stay at a Disney resort and not make us micro manage our "Vacations"..

Yes it would use up many for non resort guests but at least we would be getting something for our high priced hotel rooms.

I answered probably would, like other posters I guess I would have to if everyone else was doing it, just to secure the fastpasses you want. But how can you micromanage your day to that degree? The only fastpass I could see really wanting to get is TSMM, it would prevent that race to the ride when we we first get to DHS. All the other parks, I never feel quite that same level of urgency.

answered "probably', since if it is an option, I'd get panicked that I wouldn't be able to get on a ride that day... BUT..
it's like the dining... advance reservations are sort of nice, butat the same time, I feel PRESSURED to have to choose what I'm goingto be eating and when 180 days out now... it kind of ruins the spontaneity I'd like to leave open, you know?

How about just stocking up on FPs for the day then using them when you want. What I mean is this... If I get a 10:00 - 11:00 FP for a ride then I can ride it any time of the day after 10:00 right? So just book yourself for all the FPs you want all day and then go pick them up first thing in the morning. Then just make sure it is after the start times and go at your leisure. You still wouldn't be stuck to a set time. Just so long as you didn't go before the initial time on the FP. ;)

Bad idea. Disney uses fastpasses to get people moving and avoid crowds near thrill rides. For example, if you could secure 1 fastpass per person before arriving to a park, think of how chaotic it would be on Sunset Boulevard at DHS. Say I have a Rock n' Roller Coaster fastpass when I enter. I can run to Tower of Terror and pick up another fastpass (because my Key to the World card wouldn't have registered I already had a fastpass and even if it did I could secure a fastpass the night before so I don't have to worry about waiting.) I could quickly go on Rock n' Roller Coaster, get a snack, and then be on Tower of Terror just as fast. I'm only one person, but I know many other people would do this. Think of it...if thrill seekers didn't have to leave that area. It would be a mess. Plus, the fastpasses would run out much faster. Toy Story Mania is almost always out by 3-4 o'clock. Think, if a third of people had a fastpass for it (assuming 1/3 for TSM, 1/3 for RNRC, 1/3 for TOT) how much faster it would run out.

I think they should allow RESORT GUEST get one fastpass per day instantly for each ride. Like as soon as they get to the fast pass machine for that ride. No come back time on your first one for that ride.

Sort of like the front of the line thing the other place does but only one time per ride per day.

It would encourage people to stay at a Disney resort and not make us micro manage our "Vacations"..

Yes it would use up many for non resort guests but at least we would be getting something for our high priced hotel rooms.

I like this idea but I just had to say Disney does not make anyone micro manage. The fact is that the micro managers have made Disney come up with a way to make their lives :easier" Heaven forbid anyone would have to wait. Or choose where they eat an hour before they go and wait for a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter