FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people rope drop one park, hit their major must-do's before the crowds form, then park hop to another park where they've made their FP+s for later in the day.

That's what we did this past August and September. Worked perfectly.

My apologies if this has been addressed, but I can't find the answer. Some friends are attending MVMCP next week. As has been reported here, they were able to book 3 fast passes between 4pm and 7pm with only a MVMCP ticket. Does this mean they will be able to scan their party tickets at the fast pass kiosks for those 3 fast passes? They don't have magic bands since they are staying offsite. Thanks!

My apologies if this has been addressed, but I can't find the answer. Some friends are attending MVMCP next week. As has been reported here, they were able to book 3 fast passes between 4pm and 7pm with only a MVMCP ticket. Does this mean they will be able to scan their party tickets at the fast pass kiosks for those 3 fast passes? They don't have magic bands since they are staying offsite. Thanks!
Yes. Scanning their tickets at the FP tapstiles will be the only way to access their FP data.

Thanks! So it's not 'against the rules' to actually physically scan your MVMCP ticket to use your fast passes?

The MVMCP ticket is a valid ticket and the guests are in the park. Any RFID that provides the link to FP data is acceptable and definitely works. There is no problem at all.

Reactions: CJK
I'm going to try to book FP for an evening in MK last week of February. the day we are looking is the most recommended park low crowd levels. I'd like to see wishes and MSEP. MSEP has a 7 and 9 (MK closes at 9) wishes is 8. I was wondering if I should get FP for the early or late MSEP or if I should not even get it. Will the second parade at closing be easy to secure a good spot without it?

I'm not that worried about using the FPs. We have 3 other days planned at MK with FP. We are just going in the evening for a couple rides (will use our extra one FP on buzz as my nephew loves it and if we don't use the other on MSEP we will use it for Peter Pan, pooh or the speedway) and do AK in the morning with no FP.

I am sure this is covered somewhere in the 201 pages but a search did not find it. If I have booked fastpasses for one park on a given day and decide to go to a different park, how do I change my fastpasses? The most obvious way is to cancel the original bookings but I have read about problems when cancelling and don't want to have to contact tech support. Am I too paranoid on this? I see no function to switch attractions between parks. Thanks.

I am sure this is covered somewhere in the 201 pages but a search did not find it. If I have booked fastpasses for one park on a given day and decide to go to a different park, how do I change my fastpasses? The most obvious way is to cancel the original bookings but I have read about problems when cancelling and don't want to have to contact tech support. Am I too paranoid on this? I see no function to switch attractions between parks. Thanks.
You'd have to go in and Modify and Cancel all three to be able to choose a different park.

Warnings about canceling apply to only one or two FPs being canceled. Canceling all 3 gives you the ability to choose a different day and/or park.

Thank you. Just what I wanted to hear. I wouldn't want to switch late but a rainy weather forecast, for example, might change AK to DS.

I just cancelled 1 fast pass on our MK day. I know we won't be there to use it, but will still use the other 2. The cancelled FP is still showing up in MDE. Is this a problem in any way?

we arrive onsite 4 days prior to my inlaws who have AP and resort reservation. If they are linked to our MDE as FandF, will I be able to make their FP reservations as soon as our 60day window opens or not until 60days from their onsite stay?

we arrive onsite 4 days prior to my inlaws who have AP and resort reservation. If they are linked to our MDE as FandF, will I be able to make their FP reservations as soon as our 60day window opens or not until 60days from their onsite stay?
You'll be able to book for them when your window opens because they don't have a "package." Their APs aren't tied to their room reservation - they are separately linked ticket entitlements.

Am I blind? lol I looked on Post #2, after the suggested priority stuff but I don't see the tier structure for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Having been to WDW 2 years ago, I understand the FP+ and MDE booking concept but I wanted to know the FP+ tiers so I can plan ahead when it's time to reserve my FPs..and it's almost time (Dec 15.)

Am I blind? lol I looked on Post #2, after the suggested priority stuff but I don't see the tier structure for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Having been to WDW 2 years ago, I understand the FP+ and MDE booking concept but I wanted to know the FP+ tiers so I can plan ahead when it's time to reserve my FPs..and it's almost time (Dec 15.)
Perhaps color-blind? ;) lol
Tier 1 rides are in purple font. Everything else not in purple is Tier 2.

This thread is useful, but I am not getting the same option when I follow directions for "Post 3 - Example of using the Copy to get a difficult FP+ like 7DMT or A&E."

My screen does not give the same option as the screen in the example - the example says "Add friends and family to existing fastpass+" where mine says "Update guests on a fastpass+ selection".

Nevermind - It says something different but the steps are the same! I figured it out.

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-10_13-9-36.png
    upload_2015-12-10_13-9-36.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
This thread is useful, but I am not getting the same option when I follow directions for "Post 3 - Example of using the Copy to get a difficult FP+ like 7DMT or A&E."

My screen does not give the same option as the screen in the example - the example says "Add friends and family to existing fastpass+" where mine says "Update guests on a fastpass+ selection". So it does not appear that I can copy the fastpasses I made for 2 bands onto the other 4 bands. When I click on it, the 4 people I did not book are grayed out and I cannot select them, only modify the FPs for the 2 people I did booked.

Is this different in the app? I am doing it from the website.

My screen is shown below:

View attachment 139382
Your best option is not to Copy. Book for your total of 6 and after you have completed booking for all park days, go back to your MK day and Modify 4 people for BTMRR.

I don't use the website, I only use the app, and I never Copy. Always book for all members of your party and then only Modify for the sub-grouping that needs a less in demand option.

I thought I had this all figured out, but planning for our spring trip I am not sure if this will work. I know I can book at 60 days for our whole party as long as some of us are staying on site. But what if you are trying to book at two different parks? Is there a way to book those on-site at one park and those that are just linked to us at another park all at 60 days? I guess worst case they can book at 30, but thought I would check.

I thought I had this all figured out, but planning for our spring trip I am not sure if this will work. I know I can book at 60 days for our whole party as long as some of us are staying on site. But what if you are trying to book at two different parks? Is there a way to book those on-site at one park and those that are just linked to us at another park all at 60 days? I guess worst case they can book at 30, but thought I would check.
As long as one onsite person is grouped with the offsite people, the 60 days apply. You can book that group and then go in and Modify the one onsite person back to the target park with the other onsiters. Copy may apply here.

Or, book the total group for the onsiter's park. THEN, go in and Modify the offsiters to change FPs to their park. Because they already have FPs booked, the system will allow them to change parks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter