FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use the website to modify existing FP+
This is true if you want to modify an existing FP for the whole group. To change for only select members of your party, it's much easier on the app (and if you can do it via the website, I've never figured out how).

Thank you to the creator of this thread and to all of you who have contributed. I survived my first FP+ reservation experience. I logged in right at midnight on my 60 day mark. It took me about 45 minutes. 10 day trip, party of 5, I got everything within 10 minutes of what I wanted except for the Character Spot on the first day of our trip. This one I was off by 1 hour - -still very acceptable. I got 7DMT at the exact times I wanted on two days, and Anna & Elsa for a party of 2 at 11:10am:jumping1:. I am very happy that I was also able to get Cinderella & Rapunzel for the 10am, so we can pretty much go from one line to the next.

For other first timers:

Here are the mistakes I made.

1.) I accepted times that were close to what I wanted - -it is easier to accept the late at night times and then move them into the morning or afternoon times. If you accept the times that are close, but not exactly what you want, it's hard to see what your other options are. I'm sure I read this somewhere, but I didn't understand what it meant until after I fumbled around with the first day.

2.) Twice I forgot to click on the park, so I ended up in MK by default.

3.) Once I selected myself only. I canceled the whole day and started over rather than trying to figure out how to add on the rest of the group.

4.) I mixed up my AK days and had to re-do one day -- but it is really easy to change times and rides.

pixiedust: Best of luck to you all in your FP planning.

Thanks for the first timer tips--I will make sure to refer to these in a few weeks before I get started :)

I have a week to try to figure out my Fastpass+ for our 7 day trip for 7 people. I have dreaded having to figure out the best way to utilize FP+ because not everyone wants to do the same thing which makes things much more complicated. Any thoughts on how to better handle this situation?

Schedule all of your FPs together in the beginning. If there are members of your party that want some of the tougher ones to get (A&E, for example) schedule those first. Then you can tweak the ones where people want to split off. This is much easier than breaking the scheduling up into multiple pieces and groups. And don't worry - it's really quite an easy process once you get started. Good luck!
I have a week to try to figure out my Fastpass+ for our 7 day trip for 7 people. I have dreaded having to figure out the best way to utilize FP+ because not everyone wants to do the same thing which makes things much more complicated. Any thoughts on how to better handle this situation?

I posted this on the DVC board and didn't get a response so I thought I'd ask it here.....

We haven't been since FP+ started. We have gone to Disneyland the past couple of trips and it has been so much fun! But DS is begging to go back to WDW next year.....

We will have a split stay. Hoping to be able to snag the new poly DVC at seven months ( fingers crossed!) and will be booking the AKV where we own tomorrow right at 11 months. 5 nights at each resort.

So even though our trip isn't until next summer, I am trying to wrap my brain around it. We will have two DVC reservations back to back. We will probably buy 10 day hoppers through undercover tourist. I am guessing that we will link our 10 day passes to our first reservation at the Poly (assuming we snag it!). We won't have tix linked to the second half of our trip at AKV, right?? At 60 days, will I be able to book FP+ for our whole vacation or just the poly part of it? And if it's just the first five days at the Poly, will we be able to book our AKV FP+ 60 days from that check-in? Will we be sent two sets of magic bands?

I posted this on the DVC board and didn't get a response so I thought I'd ask it here.....

We haven't been since FP+ started. We have gone to Disneyland the past couple of trips and it has been so much fun! But DS is begging to go back to WDW next year.....

We will have a split stay. Hoping to be able to snag the new poly DVC at seven months ( fingers crossed!) and will be booking the AKV where we own tomorrow right at 11 months. 5 nights at each resort.

So even though our trip isn't until next summer, I am trying to wrap my brain around it. We will have two DVC reservations back to back. We will probably buy 10 day hoppers through undercover tourist. I am guessing that we will link our 10 day passes to our first reservation at the Poly (assuming we snag it!). We won't have tix linked to the second half of our trip at AKV, right?? At 60 days, will I be able to book FP+ for our whole vacation or just the poly part of it? And if it's just the first five days at the Poly, will we be able to book our AKV FP+ 60 days from that check-in? Will we be sent two sets of magic bands?
Tickets don't link to a room reservation - they link directly to your MDE account. Your onsite reservation opens the FP booking window and you'll be able to book for the full 10 days of park entitlements.

Funny....you think you know a lot about the system until something comes up that you've never faced before....so I know someone out there has already addressed this somewhere on the board, but my searches aren't netting me the answer I need....so help!

Here's the scoop. Bought a 6-day ticket. Have my fastpasses linked. Now I suddenly have an opportunity to add a day. Once upon a time ago I would just add a day after I started using my tickets. But that doesn't allow me to book my fastpasses in advance.

The only search result I found that was close was that someone was advised not to add another day at the park. That person was advised to add a day at their resort before entering the park so they could do fastpasses for the extra day. But this scenario only allows a person to do a fastpass a day or so before entering the parks. I am at 58 days out and want to add the fastpasses now, not wait until there will be more limited options.

Is there a way to do this, or am I stuck?

As always, thanks to my fellow DISer's. :thanks:

I'm in the same boat as you. I purchased 7-day tickets, but now need 8 days. I purchased through UT and I was told that once the tickets are linked in your MDE account, you cannot upgrade/exchange/return them.

So I'm stuck waiting until my vacation begins and adding the extra day at Guest Services... which means I can't book my fast passes for that 8th day until I'm already at WDW which really stinks.

I do plan on booking fast passes for the 7 days that I have tickets for, and leaving most likely one of my Animal Kingdom day for the "8th day" to book (you don't have to book fast passes for CONSECUTIVE days) since I don't think that park ever runs out of fast passes, even the day of.

Unless there's another way of going about this?

Last edited:
Very stressful, last trip was in June 2013 no FP+, getting ready for Sept 2015 trip FastPass+ is to much. I have been reading up on this thread, almost to my 60 day mark. DH and I are doing an adult trip. I am not even sure if we are linked to make the request for the FP+ together. I have made all our reservations for Dinner. Was able to make those for both of us, so I am guessing I will be able to make the FP+ for both of us. Hope it works! Most of all hope that when we get back I can say FP+ is great.

Very stressful, last trip was in June 2013 no FP+, getting ready for Sept 2015 trip FastPass+ is to much. I have been reading up on this thread, almost to my 60 day mark. DH and I are doing an adult trip. I am not even sure if we are linked to make the request for the FP+ together. I have made all our reservations for Dinner. Was able to make those for both of us, so I am guessing I will be able to make the FP+ for both of us. Hope it works! Most of all hope that when we get back I can say FP+ is great.
If you are on the same reservation you will be able to make FP selections for both of you when your window opens up (DH will not show as linked in MDX until midnight at your 60-day mark, but he's there!). It's a tedious process, for sure, but easy to make your selections and to edit, even once in the parks. For September, there's not as much of a need, but we REALLY appreciated the new system in June!! Good luck!

I've searched but haven't seen the answer to this but I apologize if it was covered somewhere and I missed it.

We have a package booked and already have our 60 day FP+ scheduled and are under 45 days. One member of our party cannot go now. I called yesterday and they said it wasn't a problem to remove them from the package and get the money back for the cost of the ticket. What I am nervous about is the FP+. I know that person loses their FP, but what about the others in our party? I'm afraid somehow we are all going to lose our FP+ but I really would love to have the money back on the tickets for the person that can't go.

I've searched but haven't seen the answer to this but I apologize if it was covered somewhere and I missed it.

We have a package booked and already have our 60 day FP+ scheduled and are under 45 days. One member of our party cannot go now. I called yesterday and they said it wasn't a problem to remove them from the package and get the money back for the cost of the ticket. What I am nervous about is the FP+. I know that person loses their FP, but what about the others in our party? I'm afraid somehow we are all going to lose our FP+ but I really would love to have the money back on the tickets for the person that can't go.
FPs are linked to the individual, so this should not affect anyone else in your party. Though hoping someone who's experienced this first-hand can verify.

Only the FPs belonging to the removed guest will be deleted. Each member of your party has specified FPs. They aren't "group" FPs. Delete your person and acquire your refund.

Sign into MDE and select "Make FP Selections" and test it out to make sure both of your tickets are linked. Just don't actually book them, but you can go through the first couple of steps to get an idea of how the process works. I love signing in at various times and just seeing what fast passes are still available for that day.

Sign into MDE and select "Make FP Selections" and test it out to make sure both of your tickets are linked. Just don't actually book them, but you can go through the first couple of steps to get an idea of how the process works. I love signing in at various times and just seeing what fast passes are still available for that day.
Note that this will not work if your purchased your tickets as part of a package.

I have never used fp in the past...what a maroon , I know.

We.made last minute decision to go first week in August. I'm glad I came here and read a little...Didn't get through all of it. But I'm a dummy and thought I could plan all my fps at the 30 day mark for my entire trip. I'm offsite. But I can only do it one day at a time. Didn't realize this. So thank you!!

But it works out ..it let's me plan my strategy each day. I'm a little confused with what happens if the regular line is short (first thing in the morning) . You can choose not to use the fp and replace it?

I have AK first.. so we are doing fp for safari and everest. I can't wait to see lion king...is.that worth the fp? My kids don't like dinosaur so dont have to worry about that one.

Also dhs is a big deal for us this year. Has lots of things we want to do. We will try and fp rocking roller coaster and tot. Never been to fantasmic....is.it worth getting that 4th pass later in the day,

I have never used fp in the past...what a maroon , I know.

We.made last minute decision to go first week in August. I'm glad I came here and read a little...Didn't get through all of it. But I'm a dummy and thought I could plan all my fps at the 30 day mark for my entire trip. I'm offsite. But I can only do it one day at a time. Didn't realize this. So thank you!!

But it works out ..it let's me plan my strategy each day. I'm a little confused with what happens if the regular line is short (first thing in the morning) . You can choose not to use the fp and replace it?

I have AK first.. so we are doing fp for safari and everest. I can't wait to see lion king...is.that worth the fp? My kids don't like dinosaur so dont have to worry about that one.

Also dhs is a big deal for us this year. Has lots of things we want to do. We will try and fp rocking roller coaster and tot. Never been to fantasmic....is.it worth getting that 4th pass later in the day,
If you choose to ride something SB that you have a FP for, you can change that selection to something else via the app. Your original 3 can be altered on the app at any time (subject to availability). Anything additional must be done at a kiosk. I love F! but would not waste my initial tier 1 selection on it. If it's available later in the day, definitely worth it, though if there are 2 showings you can likely attend the second without needing a FP or having to line up much in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter