• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask you this: how can Disney know when you want to start going to a park? ;)

Check-in date is the key. With an onsite stay, any kind of ticket gives you the 60-day window, including party tickets. When your window opens, you should be able to make FP reservations for October 30 plus 10 days at least, and possibly more, depending on how many days' worth of tickets you have. (I can't keep how those 11+ days work straight in my head, but there are others here who have better info than I. Hopefully someone will answer that part for you soon.)

What if we are in a (sort of ) similar situation but staying offsite? we will have a 2 day park ticket plus mvmcp ticket and doing MK mon & wed with mvmcp in between on tuesday. I can only book 1 day at a time, starting 30 days out for each day. But since disney doesn't know what days I'm using my 2 day park ticket, if I book FP+ on tuesday between 4-7 (allowed with my party ticket) how can I be sure it's associating those with my mvmcp ticket and not with the 2nd day of my normal park ticket?

This might be here somewhere, but what is a "return window?" The last time I was at WDW there weren't FP+ so I'm learning all new stuff here!

This might be here somewhere, but what is a "return window?" The last time I was at WDW there weren't FP+ so I'm learning all new stuff here!

The period of time, most often 60 minutes, that your FP will be honored.

What if we are in a (sort of ) similar situation but staying offsite? we will have a 2 day park ticket plus mvmcp ticket and doing MK mon & wed with mvmcp in between on tuesday. I can only book 1 day at a time, starting 30 days out for each day. But since disney doesn't know what days I'm using my 2 day park ticket, if I book FP+ on tuesday between 4-7 (allowed with my party ticket) how can I be sure it's associating those with my mvmcp ticket and not with the 2nd day of my normal park ticket?
The FPs aren't "linked" to a specific ticket, just to your account. You cannot schedule FPs for more days than you have linked tickets, and you will decide which FPs will be associated to which ticket depending on what ticket you use to enter the park on any given day.

Trying to decide what to do here. We are doing HS on a morning EMH day, on a Saturday (August 1). We won't ride any of the rides there, so I just booked my FP for shows. This is only our second trip, and the first was done many years ago in a slower time of year so I have no experience with this planning stuff!
Right now, I have a FP for Beauty and the Beast at 11:45, and the Frozen sing along for 2:30 (time of the shows). I tossed in the Muppet Movie at 12:10-1:10 only because we had to pick something, and I didn't want to "steal" a popular FP out from under anyone! I know we can likely walk up to this whenever we want.
I really want to see the Frozen singalong earlier than that. We have a hard time lasting more than a few hours in a park, by 2 DS is usually done for the day and the rest is pool time. But every time I try to change, the only choices are later times. So, 1: Is it likely that we can walk up to the Frozen show at an earlier time, like the first showing at 9:30, and get in? 2: Are the earlier shows really full, or is it just that nothing it showing up because of the times for the other FPs? In which case, should I switch the times for those? Frozen is more important to DS than B&B, but I'm scared to change the time of B&B to later in hopes of getting an earlier Frozen FP, then having nothing earlier available anyway and losing the time for B&B as well. Couldn't care less about the Muppet FP ;).
Hope this isn't too confusing.....any advice?

Last edited:

I have a question about changing FP while in a park.

We had a day last week when we were at MK and a thunderstorm started down pouring around 7:30 pm ... I had FP left for Big Thunder at around 8 pm.
BT was down because of the weather, so I went into the app to change the attraction ... it said Space Mountain was an option, so I chose that, and it automatically swapped them out.
But then it told me the time for my new SM FP was 11:30 pm. We weren't going to still be in the park at that time so it was useless ... I tried to change the time, but no other time options were available for SM.

So question for next time something like this comes up:
Is there a way to see the time windows for the attractions available before modifying FP?

thanks!

I couldn't find any information regarding this scenario using search:

Going on an extended vacation to WDW and we have annual passes. The maximum FP+ I was able to schedule ahead of time was for 15 days. When I try to schedule a 16th day of FP+ I get a vague error message that FP will be cancelled (doesn't say which ones!). I called tech support and was told 14 days was the maximum. I'm hoping the 15 days I have are all valid and its really that you can't schedule FP for more than 14 night/15 day vacation.

I was further told I'll be able to schedule further FP day by day after the 1st day I have scheduled passes. I asked why the vague error message instead of something meaningful like maximum FP reached and was encouraged to make comments if I get a survey after the vacation. (Updated to add, if I click for more information on the vague error message I do get 'FP+ maximum reached'.)

On one hand, this doesn't bother me too much. On the other hand, this is a once in a lifetime trip and I would have really liked to have 3 rides or experiences a day scheduled ahead of time.

Has anyone else found maximum 15 days of FP? I wonder if I was using multiple 10 day tickets if it would be different?

For what its worth, I have 14 nights at WDW resorts and 14 nights offsite resorts. Made 3/4's of the FPs after the 30 day mark.

Last edited:
Do you have to make THREE fp+ for every park? For example, in HS there are only 2 rides that we want fp+for. Will the system let me only make two or do I have to pick a third that I really don't want??

I have a question about changing FP while in a park.

We had a day last week when we were at MK and a thunderstorm started down pouring around 7:30 pm ... I had FP left for Big Thunder at around 8 pm.
BT was down because of the weather, so I went into the app to change the attraction ... it said Space Mountain was an option, so I chose that, and it automatically swapped them out.
But then it told me the time for my new SM FP was 11:30 pm. We weren't going to still be in the park at that time so it was useless ... I tried to change the time, but no other time options were available for SM.

So question for next time something like this comes up:
Is there a way to see the time windows for the attractions available before modifying FP?

thanks!
The website will always show available time(s) before you finalize your new choice. The app will only show if there is more than one time available.

Do you have to make THREE fp+ for every park? For example, in HS there are only 2 rides that we want fp+for. Will the system let me only make two or do I have to pick a third that I really don't want??
You must schedule 3. If you only select 2, it will automatically add a 3rd.

Trying to decide what to do here. We are doing HS on a morning EMH day, on a Saturday (August 1). We won't ride any of the rides there, so I just booked my FP for shows. This is only our second trip, and the first was done many years ago in a slower time of year so I have no experience with this planning stuff!
Right now, I have a FP for Beauty and the Beast at 11:45, and the Frozen sing along for 2:30 (time of the shows). I tossed in the Muppet Movie at 12:10-1:10 only because we had to pick something, and I didn't want to "steal" a popular FP out from under anyone! I know we can likely walk up to this whenever we want.
I really want to see the Frozen singalong earlier than that. We have a hard time lasting more than a few hours in a park, by 2 DS is usually done for the day and the rest is pool time. But every time I try to change, the only choices are later times. So, 1: Is it likely that we can walk up to the Frozen show at an earlier time, like the first showing at 9:30, and get in? 2: Are the earlier shows really full, or is it just that nothing it showing up because of the times for the other FPs? In which case, should I switch the times for those? Frozen is more important to DS than B&B, but I'm scared to change the time of B&B to later in hopes of getting an earlier Frozen FP, then having nothing earlier available anyway and losing the time for B&B as well. Couldn't care less about the Muppet FP ;).
Hope this isn't too confusing.....any advice?
You can likely get in standby if you line up early and don't care where you sit. But you will not be able to see any available times that overlap another existing FP. If FSAL is your priority, though, I'd probably rearrange your plans to make sure you get in when you want. It is unlikely that you'd "lose" your B&B FP this far out by checking. Good luck!

Link them to your account in MDX and you can schedule the entire group for the overlapping days.

So to clarify, even if someone attached to my MDX hasn't reached their 60 day window yet, I will be able to book FPS for us all because MY window has opened? I arrive 5 days earlier than them.

So to clarify, even if someone attached to my MDX hasn't reached their 60 day window yet, I will be able to book FPS for us all because MY window has opened? I arrive 5 days earlier than them.
While I have never done this personally, others have reported in this thread that this works.

I really want to see the Frozen singalong earlier than that.

The singalong is moving this Wednesday to the Hyperion Theater (old AIE location), and that theater is HUGE. I feel confident that you will easily be able to get into an earlier show standby. I will be very surprised if any of the shows are completely filled.

I'm an older adult who tours alone, and I adore the singalong. Lots of humor, and it's so much fun to watch the kids who know every word and gesture. Just a fun show.

My FP+ booking window is opening tonight at midnight. We are going to wdw mid-August. So for those of you who have booked your FP+ for mid august in the past, is it necessary to try to book right at midnight or do you think it will be safe to wait until mid-morning to book them? I really want to get 7DMT since we haven't been on it yet.

So far not a fan of planning our FP so far in advance. Was getting irritated last night just trying to pick the rides we want, never mind the times. Just too scheduled for me & we always know which park we're going to each day ahead of time. Just find choosing fp ahead of time is a bit much.

My FP+ booking window is opening tonight at midnight. We are going to wdw mid-August. So for those of you who have booked your FP+ for mid august in the past, is it necessary to try to book right at midnight or do you think it will be safe to wait until mid-morning to book them? I really want to get 7DMT since we haven't been on it yet.

So far not a fan of planning our FP so far in advance. Was getting irritated last night just trying to pick the rides we want, never mind the times. Just too scheduled for me & we always know which park we're going to each day ahead of time. Just find choosing fp ahead of time is a bit much.

I did mine at midnight today, 7DMT was available for 9:15 the day I wanted it(the only ride I didn't get exactly what i wanted) I took it. Then this morning I went to see if there was another time to fit better into my plan, but the earliest that was now available was after noon. Being prepared and having my touring plans in front of me was a key factor! It went so smoothly I was done by 12:30.

I agree completely. I typically know what park we will go to each day but I have no clue what time I will be able to make it to a certain ride, especially this year with travelling with a 1 year old. We will be on her schedule so I will attempt to schedule for a time when I think she won't be napping, hungry, fussy, etc. but I have a bad feeling about planning this far in advance.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter