FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to wait until 60 days before your Package check-in day.

You do not have "active" tickets. They are sitting in your package that becomes active when you check-in. You can only activate those tickets up to three days in advance and only when you are actually at WDW.
This sort of related, but say my package starts on 12/15, can I activate the tickets on 12/12 but not use them until 12/13? Will activating them count as a day? Should I activate on 12/13? Thanks for your help!

This sort of related, but say my package starts on 12/15,

1. can I activate the tickets on 12/12 but not use them until 12/13?
2. Will activating them count as a day?
3. Should I activate on 12/13?

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. It doesn't matter.

The only thing that will deduct a "day" from a ticket is to use it for going into a park.

Due to FD, I have a split stay with the RO first and FD + Tickets second (tickets include enough days for both stays). I plan to pick the tickets up early. How will this affect my FP+ reservation timing?
Did you purchase tickets through Disney as part of your package? If so, you can book 60 days in advance of your check-in for the 2nd part of your stay (to which the tickets are linked).

Did you purchase tickets through Disney as part of your package? If so, you can book 60 days in advance of your check-in for the 2nd part of your stay (to which the tickets are linked).
Yes the tickets are part of the free dining package, I was trying to see about FP+ bookings for my RO ressie which is before my package. So far it seems i will not be able to book FP+ for the RO portion until I activate my tickets. If you happen to have had a different outcome please let me know.

Yes the tickets are part of the free dining package, I was trying to see about FP+ bookings for my RO ressie which is before my package. So far it seems i will not be able to book FP+ for the RO portion until I activate my tickets. If you happen to have had a different outcome please let me know.
Sorry - misunderstood your question! Yes, unfortunately that's probably accurate :(

riddle me this again, I know I have read what to do in the thread but can't seem to find my answer. You make 3 FP reservations, you only want to use 1 and cancel the other 2. Do you cancel the 2 before you use the 1 FP?

Follow up question...you go to another park, and use the kiosk to make other FP reservations. Those 2 FP's will be available since you never used them, right?

riddle me this again, I know I have read what to do in the thread but can't seem to find my answer. You make 3 FP reservations, you only want to use 1 and cancel the other 2. Do you cancel the 2 before you use the 1 FP?

Follow up question...you go to another park, and use the kiosk to make other FP reservations. Those 2 FP's will be available since you never used them, right?
Yes, I would cancel before you use the 1 in order to obtain your 4th FP and beyond quicker.

However, I believe you will still be limited to the one at a time time scheduling at the kiosk, because you've actually made your 3 initial selections already. The only time the kiosk allows you to make multiple selections, as I understand it, is if you are making your 3 original selections for the day.

July will be our second visit, but first visit attempting to use FP. We don't ride many rides, maybe only one or two per park, mostly we just see shows. We get there at RD and can usually only handle a few hours at the park, though may attempt to return in the evening this trip.
When scheduling, how do you know how much time to allow between your FPs? Is there somewhere that tells how long the shows are? I am assuming with rides, since you have an hour window and they won't let you overlap, you would be safe scheduling them back to back in one hour intervals; but with shows, how do you know how soon to schedule your next FP after a show?

It should be automatic. From My Disney Experience: "All your MagicBands and cards can be used interchangeably as long as they're active."

You can use the Magic Bands and Cards section of My Disney Experience to ensure what bands and cards are active, and to whom in your party they are assigned.

Duhhhh...I never noticed that before!!! We have quite the selection available to us...thanks!!! :)

I have a split stay. Dec 13-15 RO and Dec 15-26 with 10 day tix and FD. I want to get tix early to use 13-14. Going to MVMCP on 15th. Planning to upgrade to AP in second week. Question is if I make FP+ selections for 16-25 (10 days) but then use 2 ticket days early will I lose 2 days of fastpasses over Christmas week since you can only have FP for length of ticket? Not having fastpasses for 13-14 won't be a big deal but Christmas Eve will be.

You won't be able to Pre-select FPs for your park days during your RO stay. As soon as you 'early activate' your tickets upon your arrival, you can immediately book FPs for those park days.

Packaged tickets are not active in the system until your check-in day or early activation day. The FP system allows you to book 60 days in advance of your package check in day because you have a "package."

Just to make sure I understand, if I have my tickets activated early at the resort I can jump right on MDE to make reservations for the day, correct? Or do I have to wait till I get to the park and do it at a kiosk?

Just to make sure I understand, if I have my tickets activated early at the resort I can jump right on MDE to make reservations for the day, correct? Or do I have to wait till I get to the park and do it at a kiosk?
Immediately go into MDE and begin scheduling and manipulate as necessary before you ever hit the park.

I have a split stay. Dec 13-15 RO and Dec 15-26 with 10 day tix and FD. I want to get tix early to use 13-14. Going to MVMCP on 15th. Planning to upgrade to AP in second week. Question is if I make FP+ selections for 16-25 (10 days) but then use 2 ticket days early will I lose 2 days of fastpasses over Christmas week since you can only have FP for length of ticket? Not having fastpasses for 13-14 won't be a big deal but Christmas Eve will be.
You can always schedule for Dec. 18-25 and leave two days of FP allotment free to book for the 13th and 14th.

I have a split stay. Dec 13-15 RO and Dec 15-26 with 10 day tix and FD.

I want to get tix early to use 13-14. Going to MVMCP on 15th.
1. Planning to upgrade to AP in second week.

2. Question is if I make FP+ selections for 16-25 (10 days) but then use 2 ticket days early will I lose 2 days of fastpasses over Christmas week since you can only have FP for length of ticket? Not having fastpasses for 13-14 won't be a big deal but Christmas Eve will be.

2. I think that you would HAVE to lose them, if you actually USE FP+ on those first two days ahead of check-in.

1. One way around that would be to upgrade to AP as soon as you possible...
and/or NOT BOOK all ten days of FP+ in advance.
Just advance-book 8 days of the MOST DIFFICULT to get FP+.
Then, you could still book FP+ for your first two days as soon as you early-activate your tickets.
Then, upgrade to AP on the first or second day of your trip (after you have used the 10 day ticket once or twice.)
After you have upgraded to AP, you should be able to "fill-in" booking your other FP+ days.

Thanks Robo and hiroMYhero! I was going to purchase two ticket days for the initial reservation but it would be cheaper to upgrade to an annual pass. I called 3 different times to talk to a cast member and got three different answers as to whether I could even access the tickets early. I will just make 8 days of FP+ until I get there so I don't lose any fastpasses.

So this July will be my first time using FP + and I'm nervous!

We haven't been to WDW as a group in 10 years so a lot has changed and we really want to see as much as possible. We are heading up in Spetember, which I know has lower crowds historically, so I'm hoping that we will be able to ride a fair amount through stand by line.

Ok, here's the question: if my sis and I log on at midnight on our day are we able to "tag team" the FP + system? As in can she book from the end of the trip backwards while I book from day one on? We did this with our ADRs and found it was a great success.

Also, I know the original post says there is no right answer as far as strategy goes, but (yes I am that person now :rolleyes1) if we plan on rope drop, break, nighttime stuff would it be suggested to get the FP+ for mid morning?

Thanks for any and all advice, and thanks to mesaboy2 for this and the other threads; they are super helpful!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

I have what might be a dumb question but can I still get a FP from a park kiosk if I don't book the FP beforehand and if I haven't used 3 FP for the day?
If you have the phone app.... do it from your phone. You will avoid lines for the kiosks! And since you don't have any scheduled yet you can do all 3 then.

We are staying at SOG in October. I consider myself a seasoned WDW traveler, but we haven't been since FP+ started. Since SOG is a 30 day FP+ resort, what would happen if I scheduled a resort stay at an on-site hotel just to make 60 day FP+ selections then cancelled the on-site reservation? I'm not usually one to cheat the system, but just wondered if it would even work (then I'll deal with my conscience:). Would the FP+ selections cancel when I cancelled the on-site reservation?

Alright. A week from today is my day 60 (woo!). I am wanting to book A&E and 7DMT on different days. One on our first day in MK and one on our second. Most people suggest to book these first. Which one should I book first of those two? What have been people's recent experience. My plan is to book them for our entire party (8) but for A&E, 4 people will be modified to something else. I can always book separately if I need to, but if I understand correctly, it is better to book for the whole group and then split up into modified experiences. If this strategy is not my best, let me know. Thanks in advance! Getting anxious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter