FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any advice on this --->

Our first day is a partial one at MK. We have FPs for Splash, BTMR and the MSEP. Our daughter will be in a wheelchair. Is the MSEP worth it or would we be better off to find a spot somewhere in Frontierland? Thanks!

My date for FP+ is in about a week. Last trip was good old paper fast passes. I've read this thread but can't figure out...when I make FP+ reservations...am I booking by time or attraction? Meaning...am I going to select 11am-12pm and they will give me the option of what's available at that time, or do I put in BTMRR and it will give me the times it is available?

TIA
Attraction. You pick the attraction and it gives you the available times based on what is available and what fastpasses you have for other rides

Anyone have any advice on this --->

Our first day is a partial one at MK. We have FPs for Splash, BTMR and the MSEP. Our daughter will be in a wheelchair. Is the MSEP worth it or would we be better off to find a spot somewhere in Frontierland? Thanks!
I thought they had special view locations for wheel chairs. However I have not been since last October.

Does anyone have any FP+ planning advice for families with little kids who will be taking a break/nap mid day? All of the research I have done says to make FP+ for mid-day when crowds are peak. My plan is to be there a RD and then go back to resort after lunch or shortly after that. My kids are early lunch eaters, typically 11am. So my plan is to take a break around 1pm and return after naps/breaks/showers. What times should I shot for with my FP+? I am mainly looking at the MK as that seems to be the only park I can't really grasp how to go about it. Thanks!

Edit - We are spending 1 full day and a 1/2 day (evening) at MK. Unless the kids what to do another 1/2 day (evening) at MK instead of Epcot. Still undecided yet.

Last edited:

Attraction. You pick the attraction and it gives you the available times based on what is available and what fastpasses you have for other rides
Also note that the system will only give you 4 options initially, usually spread throughout the day. You can always go back and change the time (subject to availability) if none of the original options fit your plans. To do this, simply use the "modify fastpass" option.

My date for FP+ is in about a week. Last trip was good old paper fast passes. I've read this thread but can't figure out...when I make FP+ reservations...am I booking by time or attraction? Meaning...am I going to select 11am-12pm and they will give me the option of what's available at that time, or do I put in BTMRR and it will give me the times it is available?

TIA

You pick the attractions, and it gives you times. You can modify attractions and times after confirming.

Does anyone have any FP+ planning advice for families with little kids who will be taking a break/nap mid day? All of the research I have done says to make FP+ for mid-day when crowds are peak. My plan is to be there a RD and then go back to resort after lunch or shortly after that. My kids are early lunch eaters, typically 11am. So my plan is to take a break around 1pm and return after naps/breaks/showers. What times should I shot for with my FP+? I am mainly looking at the MK as that seems to be the only park I can't really grasp how to go about it. Thanks!
This is exactly how my family tours, and we normally plan our FPs for the evening. We find we get a lot done between RD and lunch without FPs, particularly at MK.

I would plan your FPs for when you return.

I would plan your FPs for when you return.

Really? My waits won't be super duper long in the morning/early afternoon without FP+ in late August? I guess I just need to get a set plan for MK. Just not sure how I want to tackle touring. Bah. Thanks :)

If I have a 11:15 FP for 7DMT, what time can I arrive and when do you think I will be out by? I have a 11:30 BOG reservation. Are the 2 locations near each other?

Really? My waits won't be super duper long in the morning/early afternoon without FP+ in late August? I guess I just need to get a set plan for MK. Just not sure how I want to tackle touring. Bah. Thanks :)
Yes, lines will start to get bad late morning/early afternoon, but I thought you said you would break for lunch around 11 then head back to the resort for a nap? If that's your plan, you won't need a FP for most rides before 11. The exceptions would be A&E, 7DMT and PP, but if any of those are a priority, either go right there at RD, or schedule a FP for the evening.

If I have a 11:15 FP for 7DMT, what time can I arrive and when do you think I will be out by? I have a 11:30 BOG reservation. Are the 2 locations near each other?
Yes, they are fairly close, but with an 11:15 FP, you will likely not get off the ride until 11:30. That being said, you will not lose your reservation for being a few minutes late, so I wouldn't sweat it.

OK, thinking I am finally starting to understand this new FP system. Just linked my tickets (even though I'm not going until October) so that I can test out the booking process.

I do have a question though. I know you can book a 4th FP after using your initial 3, and if you want to make any changes to it, you can use the app. What if I booked my 4th FP at Epcot and then decide to hop to MK - am I able to change the location of the FP on the app or are the changes you can make limited to time and attraction only?

Hello all! leaving tomorrow staying at Dolphin. I've already linked tix in MDE & made advance FP's. Since we don't get them with Dolphin stay, Is there any advantage to buying MagicBands? Thought I read somewhere that unlinked MB's can be used to book 3 FPs in park, but would that only be true if separate admission tickets and/pr MDE accounts were used? TIA!

Yes. We were there this past mid-August and on our EMH morning at Magic Kingdom we rode: Pooh, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Tea Cups, Carousel (had a waffle at Sleepy Hollow while niece met A&E with FP), Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales, Haunted Mansion and IASM, all before our 11:30 lunch at CP. Then we took a long break and did Adventureland in the evening with FP for POTC and JC. Those of us that didn't do the A&E meet 'n greet used our 3rd FP at Space Mountain.

Just booked all the Fastpasses for June!!! There were several screen glitches where I had to go nuclear and manually refresh the screen, but it worked out and I didn't lose anything. It was actually a little easier than I thought it would be. Thanks to all the pros here for the assist. My family will think I'm a genius. :thumbsup2

What is the latest on trying to book different fast passes in different parks for the same party, same day? Last I heard this could be pretty much a nightmare. Thankfully I only have 1 day like this to sweat, but I am still sweating it.

4 of us will be at HS, the other 4 at AK. The 4 at AK will have a DAS. So maybe it is best to just book the FPs for all at HS and let the 4 at AK use the DAS? Thoughts? Thanks.

It's very easy to do, just select the members of your party that want to go to AK on the first page, schedule their FPs, then repeat the process for the HS group. A bit time consuming, but not difficult.
What is the latest on trying to book different fast passes in different parks for the same party, same day? Last I heard this could be pretty much a nightmare. Thankfully I only have 1 day like this to sweat, but I am still sweating it.

4 of us will be at HS, the other 4 at AK. The 4 at AK will have a DAS. So maybe it is best to just book the FPs for all at HS and let the 4 at AK use the DAS? Thoughts? Thanks.

I am new at this so I apologize if this has been answered but if I get fp for msep where dobyou sit and how in advance do you have to be there. Thanks!

Thought of another question.

I'm wanting to test out the fastpass reservations ahead of time to play around and see how it all works since I've never used it before.
However, I don't want to lose any days on my tickets.

I have a 7-day ticket linked to MDE right now. If I book 3 FP+ for a day next month, for example, what will happen if I don't actually use them? I'm thinking I'll be fine as long as I remember to cancel, but I certainly don't want to sign in for my REAL fastpass reservation time and find out I now only have 6 days worth of tickets available to book FP+ for. Am I making sense?

I'm probably overthinking this, but I definitely don't want to do something stupid that's turns out to be irreversible for my upcoming trip.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter