• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally get to book my 30 day FP+ on Friday and I'm having trouble deciding which is better for to FP -- meeting Ariel at her Grotto (my son was highly upset we didn't last time) or the Under the Sea ride. Our other FP+ picks will be SDMT (assuming I can get it) and Splash Mountain. We'll head right to Space Mountain at rope drop.

Is this just preference? I'm leaning towards Ariel because my son REALLY wants to meet her and we're not doing any princess meals. Hoping the wait for the ride isn't super long on a "slower" week -- 1st week of May.

We're going to mostly stay in Tomorrowland/Fantasyland and want Splash Mountain to be the 3rd FP, after lunch and before the FOF parade. We're leaving after the parade and are going to the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise that night.

I'm pretty set with my picks for the rest of the week and most aren't high demand, so I'm hoping I'll be lucky and get them.

I finally get to book my 30 day FP+ on Friday and I'm having trouble deciding which is better for to FP -- meeting Ariel at her Grotto (my son was highly upset we didn't last time) or the Under the Sea ride. Our other FP+ picks will be SDMT (assuming I can get it) and Splash Mountain. We'll head right to Space Mountain at rope drop.

Is this just preference? I'm leaning towards Ariel because my son REALLY wants to meet her and we're not doing any princess meals. Hoping the wait for the ride isn't super long on a "slower" week -- 1st week of May.

We're going to mostly stay in Tomorrowland/Fantasyland and want Splash Mountain to be the 3rd FP, after lunch and before the FOF parade. We're leaving after the parade and are going to the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise that night.

I'm pretty set with my picks for the rest of the week and most aren't high demand, so I'm hoping I'll be lucky and get them.

Not usually a huge difference between the two in terms of FP--sounds like you should pick the M&G. If the line is longer than expected at UtS, at least the queue is somewhat interesting.

I finally get to book my 30 day FP+ on Friday and I'm having trouble deciding which is better for to FP -- meeting Ariel at her Grotto (my son was highly upset we didn't last time) or the Under the Sea ride...Is this just preference? I'm leaning towards Ariel because my son REALLY wants to meet her and we're not doing any princess meals. Hoping the wait for the ride isn't super long on a "slower" week -- 1st week of May.

I like using FP+ for some character meets, as it's a way to meet a character without worrying about what the wait might be. So I'd go with Ariel in your scenario. Under the Sea has a good capacity and so I think there's likely to be opportunities to ride without a FastPass, for example, if you arrive for park opening this would likely be a short (or no) wait.

Not usually a huge difference between the two in terms of FP--sounds like you should pick the M&G. If the line is longer than expected at UtS, at least the queue is somewhat interesting.
We've waited about 20 minutes for both of these in the SB line at various times of year, but agree with Mesa that the ride's queue is much more interesting. The M&G is just a hot line :)

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. I have been leaning towards using a few FP+ for character meets since my son (5-1/2) is still into them and he's less into thrill rides.

I just wish HS had FP+ for some character meets, it would make picking a 3rd FP much easier (we'll do TSMM and Star Tours and probably waste on on Muppet Vision).

Question regarding copying fast passes to other party members.

A friend is visiting us for a MK day, but not staying on site with us. Is it possible for me to make my FPs at 60 days and later copy our schedule over to her? Or would we only be able to coordinate that day 30 days out?

How does this affect Florida resident tickets that have to be picked up on site? Can they not make FPs until the day they pick up their ticket?

Question regarding copying fast passes to other party members.

A friend is visiting us for a MK day, but not staying on site with us. Is it possible for me to make my FPs at 60 days and later copy our schedule over to her? Or would we only be able to coordinate that day 30 days out?

How does this affect Florida resident tickets that have to be picked up on site? Can they not make FPs until the day they pick up their ticket?
The copy function has been highly glitchy (sometimes canceling existing FP selections without warning if there is no additional availability on a particular attraction), so I generally do not recommend going that route. Rather, it's better to search for single FPs for that individual that overlap your existing times. However, ticket media must be linked in MDX to be able to schedule FPs.

What will either save me the most time or is the best use of our 3rd FP+ at HS.

tier 1 - Toy Story
tier 2 - Star Tours

choice of Lights Motor Action, Frozen Sing-Along or Indiana Jones? We won't ride Tower of Terror so no real good choices.

What will either save me the most time or is the best use of our 3rd FP+ at HS.

tier 1 - Toy Story
tier 2 - Star Tours

choice of Lights Motor Action, Frozen Sing-Along or Indiana Jones? We won't ride Tower of Terror so no real good choices.

I agree. Maybe Frozen SAL would save more time, but I just recommend the one you want to do the most.

The answer to this question has to be here somewhere, I'm sure, but I can't find it. We will check in on June 10. Will I be able to book FP+ after midnight in the early morning hours of April 10, or April 11?

Whatever date is 60 days before June 10, it will be the beginning of that date. In your case however, I expect the window will not open at midnight but at 1:00a ET. See the purple link in my signature for details.

If my math is correct, it will open on April 11, so Friday night/early Saturday morning.

So, counting back, I start with June 9 as 1 day out, June 8 as 2 days... April 11 as 60 days. So I can book early in the morning of April 11? I just wondered because it looks like the 30 day window is open through May 31 right now, and I would have thought the 31st wouldn't have been open until after midnight tonight since it's truly 31 days out. Sorry if I'm overthinking, I just don't want to find out after the fact I could have booked on the 10th. : )

That's what my math (see above) says too. The rest of your post is, indeed, overthinking. ;) :goodvibes

Follow-up question: does your MDX account not show the date you can book FPs?

Not that I can see. It does show that I'm currently 71 days out, though. So I should be 60 days out on Apr 11.

Not that I can see. It does show that I'm currently 71 days out, though. So I should be 60 days out on Apr 11.

So I would expect your window to open at 1:00 Eastern Time early on Saturday morning, April 11. If you like, you can of course check an hour earlier just to be sure I'm not steering you wrong about that extra hour.

So I would expect your window to open at 1:00 Eastern Time early on Saturday morning, April 11. If you like, you can of course check an hour earlier just to be sure I'm not steering you wrong about that extra hour.

Okay, thanks! Does it surprise you that I'm an accountant? : )

This is a calculator to find out your date to reserve anything Disney
http://www.mousefantravel.com/planning-tools/advanced-reservations-calculator

That confirmed April 11 for me, also!

Thank you both for all the help! Sorry for being so "accountant-ish" about this! : )

Assuming you have booked a package with tickets, when you click on the link to "schedule fastpass" it will tell you the date you are eligible to begin booking. So midnight the day prior (or 1am) EST.

Assuming you have booked a package with tickets, when you click on the link to "schedule fastpass" it will tell you the date you are eligible to begin booking. So midnight the day prior (or 1am) EST.

I booked it room only and bought tickets from UT. I have linked our tickets to My Disney Experience. When I click into the links to add a fastpass, it basically just moves me into the selection process with the next 30 days open for booking on the calendar it brings up.

I booked it room only and bought tickets from UT. I have linked our tickets to My Disney Experience. When I click into the links to add a fastpass, it basically just moves me into the selection process with the next 30 days open for booking on the calendar it brings up.
Then you'll have to do the math :( Plenty of calculators online that will confirm the date for you. Just remember it's actually midnight the day before (12 am day of). Or, in the case of a 1 am MK close, the booking window will open at 1 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter