FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my parades and wishes don't come available until after my 60 day mark... I don't understand how to look for them/choose them after i've book 3 FP already, and might want to change one. How would the app/website know to allow me to look/change? thanks!!!
You can modify your existing FPs at any time to search for additional times or attractions. Just make sure you are using the "modify" option and not "cancel" then select the attraction you want to change. Keep in mind that your FP windows cannot overlap, so if you are searching for Wishes, for example, you will need to make sure your current FPs end at least 30 minutes prior to the fireworks time (as the return window will be 20 minutes or so prior to the start time). Same goes for the parades.

Can I change the guests on a Tier 1 attraction for 2 of the people without having to cancel everybody?
Right now I have 4 people reserved for TSM but I will be switching out 2 for a SWW tier 1 show.
read closely, the wording on what boxes is checked/unchecked is tricky sometimes

Just wanted to report back that I was able to schedule 11 days of FP+ for my split stay tonight. I know there have been inconsistent reports on this. I booked a 12 night package with 10 days of tickets and later added a one night hotel-only stay at a different hotel (all on property) and purchased (through Disney) one day MK tickets. All the tickets are linked through my MDE. Tonight was the 60 day window from my one night stay before the package, and I was able to make 11 days of FP+ reservations without issue. After reading through this thread, I was concerned that I would not be able to reserve all 11 days without linking the 1-day tickets to another account - and was very relieved that it all worked out!

I just had a thought about FP+ with a baby...

I am going to try to get him to nap in the stroller, but he may be more inclined to do so in the carrier (if other recent trips to the zoo, etc hold true at Disney). Let's say he is with me napping in the carrier, and I have a FP to use. Can I give DH my mb to ride? Then I could ride later with the swap (assuming it is a swap ride).

I just had a thought about FP+ with a baby...

I am going to try to get him to nap in the stroller, but he may be more inclined to do so in the carrier (if other recent trips to the zoo, etc hold true at Disney). Let's say he is with me napping in the carrier, and I have a FP to use. Can I give DH my mb to ride? Then I could ride later with the swap (assuming it is a swap ride).
Yep!!

FP+ timing question

I have a ADR at 10:25am for Sci Fi Galactic Breakfast and a FP for TSMM 11:35-12:35pm- Do you think I should try to push it later or should we be ok to make it?

I'm more than 60 days out but I want to make sure I have everything set up correctly so I don't hit snags when my window opens. I have all my family members listed in my friends and family section. However, when I go to "new fast pass+" it is going to have me select guests ego will share FP+ selections for the day and only my name appears (none of my family members) and it does not even let me select my name, it says "valid park admission is required". We hVe a package and the reservation is listed for each family member so I think we are linked. Is this because I'm not in our 60 day window and when our window opens all my family members will be available to select? Or is something not set up right? I hope this makes sense! Thanks!

I am sure that this has been answered but...............

Should I make my initial FP+ reservations on my desk computer or phone?
Should I make changes, because it seems like I probably will be doing some such switching according to posts here, on phone, desktop, or iPad?
This goes for before trip and during trip, but will only have iPad and phone on trip, obviously.

TIA

FP+ timing question

I have a ADR at 10:25am for Sci Fi Galactic Breakfast and a FP for TSMM 11:35-12:35pm- Do you think I should try to push it later or should we be ok to make it?
For a normal meal I would agree with Mesa that you should have no problem making it. However, the SW character meals averaged 90 minutes last year, and the later ADRs were almost never seated on time. So unless they've figured out a way to do it better this year, you may be cutting it close. If it were me, I'd move it slightly if I could. You can always find something else to do in the park if your breakfast doesn't run late, but there will likely be little to no same-day availability if you miss your window and try to reschedule while in the park. And for what you're paying for that breakfast, you shouldn't have to rush though it to make your FP time!!

I am sure that this has been answered but...............

Should I make my initial FP+ reservations on my desk computer or phone?
Should I make changes, because it seems like I probably will be doing some such switching according to posts here, on phone, desktop, or iPad?
This goes for before trip and during trip, but will only have iPad and phone on trip, obviously.

TIA
I found it easier to make my initial selections from my desktop, but did most of my modifications on my phone (via the app).

Hi Mesaboy2, just wanted to say thanks for this great info. It helped me a lot when planning to book my FPs this past weekend. I experienced a few things that I don't see mentioned on your original thread & thought maybe it would help others as well. I've never booked FPs before so I wasn't aware of how it worked before I logged in to book. First, you don't really have the option of selecting the time of the FPs you want when you first enter the FP selections in. Instead, you pick an approximate time & the system returns 4 scenario options with various timeframes. You select 1 of the scenarios & save. Then, you can go to update the FP selections & refine the timeframes for each selection. When you update, you will see far more time options to choose from for each. Second, my situation was a bit unique in that I have a party of 4 & on some days we will be splitting up during ride times. 2 of us will go to 1 ride while the other 2 go to a different ride. This makes FP booking slightly more difficult. When I first tried booking the FP I made a ride selection with only the 1 ride I was trying to nail down to make sure I could get the times coordinated at the same time. I didn't realize that if you only select 1 FP option, the system then selects another 2 selections for you. No big deal, except when you delete those that you don't want in order to add the others, it will completely wipe out any FP selections you did want to keep. After fighting with it a bit & realizing what was going on (it was 1am afterall), I realized I probably could have tried clicking on the Change Venue option for the FPs I didn't want instead of deleting them & maybe I wouldn't have had the whole thing wiped out. At any rate, the system could definitely be improved by allowing you to select 1 FP at a time & select from the wider range of timeframes all in the same initial booking window. Thanks again!

Tonight's the big night, so I'm trying to brush up on everything in preparation. I still haven't decided whether it's best to split up our group while some go on rides that others don't want, and those "non-riders" go on some tamer rides... OR should those "riders" use the magic bands from the "non-riders" and try to get on the ride a 2nd time using those additional FP's from the "non-riders". Any thoughts?

What's the probability of using a 4th fast pass on R&R in HS on a crowd level 6 day? We would prob be at the kiosk around 5 p.m.

For right now, I've got everybody together on our FP's. Still don't know if others should try & ride a 2nd time using the magic bands from those that didn't use them previously on that ride. OR should those non-riders get a FP for some other attraction to be done in that same time frame???

What's the probability of using a 4th fast pass on R&R in HS on a crowd level 6 day? We would prob be at the kiosk around 5 p.m.
There's alway the chance another guest may cancel their RNRC FPs. But if that doesn't happen, probability drops to 0.

It would be better to plan on riding RNRC as single riders.

First off thank you for this thread. It is full of great information and I apologize in advance if my initial search missed this answer. I am currently booked at the Dolphin for 6 nights in August and wanted to make sure I have everything in order. Just a few items worth mentioning:

1. We booked our room directly through the dolphin hotel website (we got the teacher rate)
2. We already have our tickets purchased (7 day PH). We had 2 day base park tix leftover from our last trip which I upgraded to 7 day PH when I was in the Orlando area recently. All tickets are linked to our MDX account and show up as they should.
3. Our reservation is linked to our my magic website and does show up for the length of stay. However this message displays next to my reservation every time I log on: "Temporarily unable to retrieve additional details about this reservation." I was told by a CM on the phone that this is due to me not having paid for my entire stay yet. As far as I know, the Dolphin only requires the first night deposit then charges you for the entire stay (the other 5 nights in our case) upon checkout.

The reason I called is because when I tried to make ADR's for our entire trip starting on day 1 at the 180 mark, it did not work. I had to book each ADR at the 180 day mark whereas when I stayed at a disney resort last time I could book 10 days of ADR's starting at the 180 day mark of day 1 of our trip.

So I guess my question is this: Does the fact that I have booked our room directly through the Dolphin website and not through disney effect our ability to make ride reservations at the 60 day mark? Does it matter that I haven't paid for my entire room reservation yet? Or do I have to call the dolphin and pay the entire bill before the 60 day mark?

Thanks again in advance. It is really cool to take a couple year hiatus from this site and see it is still full of great information. It is also cool to see some of the same people providing that information.:thanks:

3. Our reservation is linked to our my magic website and does show up for the length of stay.
If length of stay is showing for your reservation, your FP booking window will open accordingly.

Onsite guests had been having problems with the 180+10 for Dining and the only way to book the +10 was by calling Dining directly. It was a problem with the system.

The reason I called is because when I tried to make ADR's for our entire trip starting on day 1 at the 180 mark, it did not work. I had to book each ADR at the 180 day mark whereas when I stayed at a disney resort last time I could book 10 days of ADR's starting at the 180 day mark of day 1 of our trip.

So I guess my question is this: Does the fact that I have booked our room directly through the Dolphin website and not through disney effect our ability to make ride reservations at the 60 day mark? Does it matter that I haven't paid for my entire room reservation yet? Or do I have to call the dolphin and pay the entire bill before the 60 day mark?

Thanks again in advance. It is really cool to take a couple year hiatus from this site and see it is still full of great information. It is also cool to see some of the same people providing that information.:thanks:

The Dolphin does not get ADR length of stay ("+10") privileges. It does get length of stay for FP+.

You do not have to pre-pay for the Dolphin. The reservation details likely did not show up because it was the Dolphin. I assume only basic info is sent to WDW from the Dolphin for linking in MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter