• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
What may be easier is to add new "people" to your MDE and move the tickets to them. These new people won't be on your room reservation but you will be able to book FPs for them 30 days in advance. I still don't have tickets in my MDE to play around with. It was reported on another Thread to move tickets to "new" people so that they aren't inadvertently used at the entrance tapstiles and at the same time, you can use the linked tickets to scheduled FPs. You can either book for your 11th day, or, use them as an extra set of FPs beginning with the first day of your stay. You would have to select the FPs for the next day after you have used the current ones in the park. The tickets would provide you with a set of perpetual FPs until you actually use the tickets on the 11th day.

So I did this today and was able to schedule FPs for the 11th day. Will I have to change the names back before using the tickets on the last day and if so will the FPs still be there? Also, you are saying that we could have an extra set each day-meaning we would use the MB's to enter the parks, then use FPs on MB's, then use the tickets for the additional FPS? The tickets do not have to be used for entrance to use them for FPs-is that correct? Thanks again for your help.

So I did this today and was able to schedule FPs for the 11th day. Will I have to change the names back before using the tickets on the last day and if so will the FPs still be there? Also, you are saying that we could have an extra set each day-meaning we would use the MB's to enter the parks, then use FPs on MB's, then use the tickets for the additional FPS? The tickets do not have to be used for entrance to use them for FPs-is that correct? Thanks again for your help.
~ don't worry about names, as long as the FPs are accessed with the tickets at the FP lines you will be fine.

~ yes, an extra set using the tickets linked to the fake people. Park entry using the tickets is not a requirement for using the FPs.

Last edited:

Dang it! First try at booking FP+ for a friend and I can't get the list to expand to view more choices - they are there if I shrink the screen down to microscope size. There is no bar to move down - FRUSTRATED!!!

ETA: I was able to move down the list with the arrow key. Whew! Got everything! Just need to re-do my plans for the MK day with A&E and SMDT. I made the mistake of forgetting I am in CST and could have started earlier. Oops!

Last edited:
Dang it! First try at booking FP+ for a friend and I can't get the list to expand to view more choices - they are there if I shrink the screen down to microscope size. There is no bar to move down - FRUSTRATED!!!

ETA: I was able to move down the list with the arrow key. Whew! Got everything! Just need to re-do my plans for the MK day with A&E and SMDT. I made the mistake of forgetting I am in CST and could have started earlier. Oops!

Sounds like a browser glitch. It might get fixed if you do a fresh reload (hold down shift and click reload), clear the browser cache completely, or try another browser.

Will I have to change the names back before using the tickets on the last day and if so will the FPs still be there?
You do not have to change names to use the FPs when using the tickets at the FP lines.

I now have Comp tickets in my account and will use them for an upcoming DL trip, so, I've been researching reassigning tickets when FPs have been booked. If you want to reassign the tickets for day #11 so that you can use MagicBands for entrance and FP lines, you can do so and it does not affect the scheduled FPs. But, because wifi/MDE can still be glitchy at times in the Parks and in the resorts, I would suggest just using the tickets on day #11.

Anyone know if it's worth getting a FP for Character Meet & Greets, like the Epcot Character Spot or the one in Animal Kingdom?

Anyone know if it's worth getting a FP for Character Meet & Greets, like the Epcot Character Spot or the one in Animal Kingdom?
As mentioned in OP, both of these are "C" rated attractions, so obtaining a FP for either is not expected to save much time. However, if either of these M&Gs are a priority for you or members of your party, then it may be "worth it" to ensure that you get in at your desired time. That's where the worth of a FP becomes very subjective.

Would you kind people help me think through my scenario? I am currently booked for 5 nights at AKL with 5 day park tickets. My 60 day window from check-in begins tonight at midnight. I am now planning on changing my reservation to be a split stay - 3 nights at AKL and 2 nights at Pop. I was planning on changing my 5 night ressie to a 3 night and book the 2 nights at Pop under my DH's MDE account (which is not linked to mine) so we can get two sets of (unlinked) MBs (for the benefit of extra SDFP). BUT, now I'm realizing that that means I would not get to book my 5th day of FP+s at the same time as the other 4. Is that correct? I could book the first 4 FPs late tonight but then would have to wait 4 days to book the 5th day of FP+s? (is that what a "rolling 60 day" window means?)

Also, the main reason for the split stay is to move to the same resort as my parents who will be joining us for our last two days. If I create a MDE account for them and add them as friends on my MDE account, can I book their FP+s for them at the same time as mine? (i doubt it) Or do i need to login in 3 days and add their FP+ choices? (I'm guessing so). As a reminder, their stay overlaps the last two days of our stay.

Sigh, I'm so confused. It's been two years since our last trip so all the FP+ stuff is new to me. I thought I had it figured out but the split stay is killing me...

As mentioned in OP, both of these are "C" rated attractions, so obtaining a FP for either is not expected to save much time.

On the other hand, the Anna and Elsa meet and greet is an "A" rated attraction, and would definitely be worth it, although it's difficult to get.

Would you kind people help me think through my scenario? I am currently booked for 5 nights at AKL with 5 day park tickets. My 60 day window from check-in begins tonight at midnight. I am now planning on changing my reservation to be a split stay - 3 nights at AKL and 2 nights at Pop. I was planning on changing my 5 night ressie to a 3 night and book the 2 nights at Pop under my DH's MDE account (which is not linked to mine) so we can get two sets of (unlinked) MBs (for the benefit of extra SDFP). BUT, now I'm realizing that that means I would not get to book my 5th day of FP+s at the same time as the other 4. Is that correct? I could book the first 4 FPs late tonight but then would have to wait 4 days to book the 5th day of FP+s? (is that what a "rolling 60 day" window means?)

Also, the main reason for the split stay is to move to the same resort as my parents who will be joining us for our last two days. If I create a MDE account for them and add them as friends on my MDE account, can I book their FP+s for them at the same time as mine? (i doubt it) Or do i need to login in 3 days and add their FP+ choices? (I'm guessing so). As a reminder, their stay overlaps the last two days of our stay.

Sigh, I'm so confused. It's been two years since our last trip so all the FP+ stuff is new to me. I thought I had it figured out but the split stay is killing me...
Did you book a "package" or room-only plus tickets?

A package.
Well, I would suggest booking your FPs for all 5 days before you call and change your AKL stay to three nights. Keep the 5-day park tickets and your FPs will remain in your FP section of your MDE.

As long as the correct number of ticket entitlements match the FP days, you won't lose any FPs.

Well, I would suggest booking your FPs for all 5 days before you call and change your AKL stay to three nights. Keep the 5-day park tickets and your FPs will remain in your FP section of your MDE.

As long as the correct number of ticket entitlements match the FP days, you won't lose any FPs.

Ok, thanks, that's good advice. I was wondering about that but was worried that I might somehow lose my FPs if I changed my package.

Ok, thanks, that's good advice. I was wondering about that but was worried that I might somehow lose my FPs if I changed my package.
Actually, package changes have been reported to affect FPs because the package has to be rebooked when Dining has been added. I'm not sure if reducing two nights changes the package as long as the room and tickets remain.

Another option is to call and make the change to Pop. On recent split stay Threads, it's been reported that onsite > onsite stays keep the initial booking window open. So, you would be able to book all days.

With a package, tickets aren't active until your arrival day so even adding Pop before you cancel two AKL nights doesn't help.

Sounds like a browser glitch. It might get fixed if you do a fresh reload (hold down shift and click reload), clear the browser cache completely, or try another browser.
Thanks! I'll have to remember that. I think I was afraid I would lose the A&E by the time I came back. :headache: That was my first screen, and I didn't realize I needed to chose all 3 at once, so of course Disney chose for me and then I went back and changed. I know I read it here, but I learn by doing, so.... I'll be better at it the next time! :crazy:

OK, say I made a FP for space mountain for 9-10, something else for 10-11 and something else 11-12. When I get to SM theres no line. Can I, using my phone app, change the SM to something else for maybe later in the day?

Thanks. With so many to choose from at MK, I'm guessing if I grab the ones I know I want early, if theyre not busy, I will have a lot of options to change to for later

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter