FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to wait and see when I log on tonight....if it lets me make my FP+ selections then :cool1:, if not, then I know I will have to wait until tomorrow.

Sounds to me like you'll be good to go at 11:00p (your time) tonight.

I have been to Disneyland a few times. This is my first visit to Walt Disney World and I feel like I am having a mental break down of some kind!!! Should it be this difficult to plan? Don't get me wrong - super excited about the trip but I feel like this has become a full-time job. I have read all the wonderful information at the beginning of this thread (and say THANK YOU!!!!). It is tremendously helpful. But still, how does a person decide what time of day to actually BOOK a fastpass+ reservation? I know there is no right or wrong answer but for a person who has problems deciding where to go for dinner..... well, perhaps I should have stuck with Disneyland :( We have two days at Epcot, 2 days at AK and 2 days a DHS. We have five days at MK and a couple of rest days. So LOTS of time to explore and we are going end of January/beginning of February so crowds shouldn't be too terrible. It's just two adults (although my daughter turns into a little kid around the characters and insists on lining up for pictures with every one she sees). I was thinking I would just do fastpass+ reservations for the headliners and wing the rest but then I got a subscription to TouringPlans.com. Does everyone follow these touring plans? Or is it common to just book a few reservations for early afternoon and wing the rest? I had set aside this weekend to get my plans all in order so I would be ready to make reservations at midnight on Thursday and am starting to panic as I feel like I'm nowhere closer to any sort of decision. Sigh. I'm mostly just venting.

That's the key...I can't recall anyone testing this specific use case. I think some figure it is safer to book the three with one being a throwaway, than to risk park hopping and finding out your locked out.

Well I guess I'm in for testing it out now. I will try it out when we are there the first week of December and report back with my experience. It isn't going to matter a huge amount to our touring. I just wanted to get another fastpass when we entered MK to cut down on one of our wait times.

Heck, we're going to Disney it will all be good in the end.

I have been to Disneyland a few times. This is my first visit to Walt Disney World and I feel like I am having a mental break down of some kind!!! Should it be this difficult to plan? Don't get me wrong - super excited about the trip but I feel like this has become a full-time job. I have read all the wonderful information at the beginning of this thread (and say THANK YOU!!!!). It is tremendously helpful. But still, how does a person decide what time of day to actually BOOK a fastpass+ reservation? I know there is no right or wrong answer but for a person who has problems deciding where to go for dinner..... well, perhaps I should have stuck with Disneyland :( We have two days at Epcot, 2 days at AK and 2 days a DHS. We have five days at MK and a couple of rest days. So LOTS of time to explore and we are going end of January/beginning of February so crowds shouldn't be too terrible. It's just two adults (although my daughter turns into a little kid around the characters and insists on lining up for pictures with every one she sees). I was thinking I would just do fastpass+ reservations for the headliners and wing the rest but then I got a subscription to TouringPlans.com. Does everyone follow these touring plans? Or is it common to just book a few reservations for early afternoon and wing the rest? I had set aside this weekend to get my plans all in order so I would be ready to make reservations at midnight on Thursday and am starting to panic as I feel like I'm nowhere closer to any sort of decision. Sigh. I'm mostly just venting.

Go through the ride listings on TP and decide which rides you want to go on, what restaurants are a must do etc. Let the program optimize for you. It will suggest which Fastpasses to try and get. I already had my fastpasses when I made up my touring plans so I just put that info in. You can tweek the plans and reorder things if you would prefer it that way then have it Evaluate to update times etc.

We plan on using the plans as a guide for what we can (ideally) get done in a day. It will be our rough guide and we will wing it from there.

When it comes to booking your Fastpasses get the big name items first. I found I have changed a number rides without much difficulty. The only ones I kept solid were Seven Dwarfs and Soarin' everything else I've changed at one time or another. Take a look on the TP website at their Fastpass availability info it will give you an idea of what are your must book now and not change items

Well I guess I'm in for testing it out now. I will try it out when we are there the first week of December and report back with my experience. It isn't going to matter a huge amount to our touring. I just wanted to get another fastpass when we entered MK to cut down on one of our wait times.

Heck, we're going to Disney it will all be good in the end.

Worst case I figure is that if you are locked out, use the app to book one more FP+ as soon as possible for a throwaway ride, let it expire, and then you can get them at the kiosks at MK.

How do I book one more for a throw away ride after I have cancelled one (short of calling IT and getting them to add it back)? If there's a way to do it online I would love to know because that is what I will do. I just don't want to call IT and sit on hold waiting for them to pick up.

How do I book one more for a throw away ride after I have cancelled one (short of calling IT and getting them to add it back)? If there's a way to do it online I would love to know because that is what I will do. I just don't want to call IT and sit on hold waiting for them to pick up.
The only way to do it online would be to cancel the existing selections that you have, and then you can start over scheduling three new ones.

I don't think you can do it now without starting over for that day, but on the day in question I believe you can. However, since I haven't done it and we're talking about a case that probably hasn't really come up much, I'm not 100% sure.

My current theory is that the 1:00a booking windows occur on days where the MK itself closes at 1:00a (not including EMH). It doesn't make much sense to me, but that appears to be a recent pattern.

If true, then tomorrow night (Monday night/Tuesday morning) may see the booking window not open until 1:00a. When I originally looked into this a month or two ago, this entire upcoming week had 1:00a MK closings scheduled, but now it looks like it only happens tomorrow night.

I would be interested in hearing anyone's experiences, especially tomorrow night. And thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Thank you! Guess I'll just have to mentally prepare myself for being up late late late. :hyper:

Hi everyone,

I heard that the Toy Story attraction was trailed for FP+ only recently but that you can now use the stand-by line. Then I heard that you can only see 'for the first time in forever' with a FP+. And then I heard that you didn't need one.

I am confused. Are there any attractions at WDW that require a FP+ to attend? We are going during Christmas and I would hate to miss out on something someone wanted to do simply because I didn't get a FP+ for it...standby lines are okay. And we realize that we wont do everything.

Thanks
Nixie pixiedust:

Hi everyone,

I heard that the Toy Story attraction was trailed for FP+ only recently but that you can now use the stand-by line. Then I heard that you can only see 'for the first time in forever' with a FP+. And then I heard that you didn't need one.

I am confused. Are there any attractions at WDW that require a FP+ to attend? We are going during Christmas and I would hate to miss out on something someone wanted to do simply because I didn't get a FP+ for it...standby lines are okay. And we realize that we wont do everything.

Thanks
Nixie pixiedust:

Not currently. Previous tests for this were only a few days long and largely unannounced. The Frozen singalong has never been FP-only.

I was able to obtain my fastpasses at midnight on this date (November 24), and I did not have to wait until 1:00 a.m.:)

i am on now, and am reloading my fast pass+ "select party" page, and it's not updating.

is it a 1am night, maybe, or am i just screwed?

Not working for me either. Last night worked at midnight (I'm offsite so doing one day at a time) but can't get the 25th to open today.

i am on now, and am reloading my fast pass+ "select party" page, and it's not updating.

is it a 1am night, maybe, or am i just screwed?

Having same problem. Also, mine is only showing me, not the other members of my party. And I can't even select me.

It's midnight EST and my 60 FP+ window hasn't opened up yet. Looks like your theory might be right!

My window says that I can book FP+ but then it won't let me. Argg this is aggravating. Is this happening to others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter