FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We booked our FPs for our 12-night trip last night. Staying up to midnight was agonizing with the recent daylight savings time. At about 11:45 I clicked on the FastPass button and a message came up telling me FP would be ready on Nov. 6. Oh no! Our first day at the park is a room-only booking, with the rest of the stay an 11-day Stay, Dine, Play package. So I thought maybe that was why it wouldn't let me book before the 6th. I was so bummed, but lo and behold, at midnight the button opened up and I got in, one day early! I was able to get every FP we wanted, including 7DMT. I saw plenty of A&Es as well. Phew! It feels so good to have that sorted. :)
The midnight open window starts at 12 am on the date that shows in MDX (or midnight the day before, depending on how you want to look at it). So yours did open right on time (though at 11:45 you would have still been locked out, as you reported. It opens at 12:00 exactly). Glad you were successful!

Hi all!! Thanks to MesaBoy for this thread.

I have a question about the MDX phone app. My trip isn't until April 2015. I've been able to do my ADRs & all went well, they're showing on the app. However, when I look at the FP+ 'choose my party' screen it says 'needs park admission' for DH and I. We have a resort package booked, so obviously already have park admission. When I tried to 'link' our reservation number to MDX on the 'link tickets and passes' screen it tells me that our reservation number is already linked to an account & to call Disney.

Is this because we're not withiin our 60 day FP+ window? Because we haven't make the final payment on our package yet? Do I need to call Disney or am I just panicking too soon?

Hi all!! Thanks to MesaBoy for this thread. I have a question about the MDX phone app. My trip isn't until April 2015. I've been able to do my ADRs & all went well, they're showing on the app. However, when I look at the FP+ 'choose my party' screen it says 'needs park admission' for DH and I. We have a resort package booked, so obviously already have park admission. When I tried to 'link' our reservation number to MDX on the 'link tickets and passes' screen it tells me that our reservation number is already linked to an account & to call Disney. Is this because we're not withiin our 60 day FP+ window? Because we haven't make the final payment on our package yet? Do I need to call Disney or am I just panicking too soon?
This is simply because you are not within your window yet. No need to panic, everything will "magically" appear at your 60-day mark. :)

Hi
When my date comes to do Fastpasses, can I do them for the whole trip or
do I have to do 1 day at a time?

Eric

Hi When my date comes to do Fastpasses, can I do them for the whole trip or do I have to do 1 day at a time? Eric
If you have an onsite reservation, you can do them all at the 60-day mark. If you are off site, you must do them one at a time, 30 days in advance.

Thanks Cluelyss, I wasn't very clear: I was booking on the evening of Nov. 4 (so midnight began the first hour of Nov. 5), however DME was telling me I couldn't book until Nov. 6.

hi, hopefully someone can answer my question. i decided to upgrade my 5 day ticket to an annual pass when i arrive at epcot this coming monday. i just re alized that all my fast passes (and my husband's and daughter's) are linked to our 5 day tickets on my disney experience. my husband and daughter are keeping their 5 day passes, so i don't think their fast passes will be affected, but what will happen to mine. will they automatically transfer to my AP? will guest services at the park transfer them when i buy the AP, or will i have to go into my MDE account and change my ticket? any help would be appreciated, thanks

This thread has given me so much useful info for our trip! My trip planning just got much easier!:cheer2:

We just returned from our trip and I wanted to stop by and say a huge thank you to mesaboy2 and all who have answered questions on this thread and the original thread. We were able to book and use our fp+ reservations with no issues at all and it was a much better experience than I thought it might be. Thanks to you all for being so helpful!

This thread has given me so much useful info for our trip! My trip planning just got much easier!:cheer2:

We just returned from our trip and I wanted to stop by and say a huge thank you to mesaboy2 and all who have answered questions on this thread and the original thread. We were able to book and use our fp+ reservations with no issues at all and it was a much better experience than I thought it might be. Thanks to you all for being so helpful!

Happy to help. :thumbsup2

question?
I have a multiday pass, but will not use it on the day of our MVMCP. I was able to book FP, but will be using party ticket to get into MK. Will I be able to use the FPs I booked for after 4pm?

question? I have a multiday pass, but will not use it on the day of our MVMCP. I was able to book FP, but will be using party ticket to get into MK. Will I be able to use the FPs I booked for after 4pm?
If you have a hard ticket for the party, I would recommend using that to enter the event prior to 7 pm just to make sure they don't accidentally take a day off your regular ticket. We went to MBSSHP the first day of our trip and were worried about this, but used our hard ticket for entrance and everything worked fine on our tickets the rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter