FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! My apologies if this has been already asked...we'll be going to the MNSSHP this year and plan to be there at 4. I know we can't reserve any fast passes with the party ticket but is it still possible (like in the old days) to go to a kiosk between 4-7 and reserve a FP before 7?
Thanks!!!

Hi everyone! My apologies if this has been already asked...we'll be going to the MNSSHP this year and plan to be there at 4. I know we can't reserve any fast passes with the party ticket but is it still possible (like in the old days) to go to a kiosk between 4-7 and reserve a FP before 7? Thanks!!!

Yes. This is addressed in the first post.

Hi everyone! My apologies if this has been already asked...we'll be going to the MNSSHP this year and plan to be there at 4. I know we can't reserve any fast passes with the party ticket but is it still possible (like in the old days) to go to a kiosk between 4-7 and reserve a FP before 7? Thanks!!!
You are able to reserve with your party ticket between 4 and 7 so long as you don't have FPs scheduled for another park that morning. If so, then yes, you will need to scheduled at a kiosk once you arrive at MK.

Thanks. Maybe since we were in the med on the magic they didn't do the late pirate buffet. I always do second/late dining but the med was very late (another story/grumble) so many people may have ended up walking directly from dinner if they did it.

Oops sorry. Hit reply on the wrong forum. Pls delete this post as I will repost in the right place.

Maybe I misunderstood something so looking for some help. This is the scenario. DD and her family arrive January 2. We arrive January 4 with a room only the first night and then package kicks in January 5. We are at WDW all together January 5, 6, and 7. DD made her FP selections this morning. I was of the understanding that she would be able to make FPs for all of us the three days we coincide, but that does not appear to be the case because we do not have valid park admission. I get that our FP window has not opened yet. If this is the way it is, fine. But if it’s a matter of us doing something wrong, I’d like help.

Maybe I misunderstood something so looking for some help. This is the scenario. DD and her family arrive January 2. We arrive January 4 with a room only the first night and then package kicks in January 5. We are at WDW all together January 5, 6, and 7. DD made her FP selections this morning. I was of the understanding that she would be able to make FPs for all of us the three days we coincide, but that does not appear to be the case because we do not have valid park admission. I get that our FP window has not opened yet. If this is the way it is, fine. But if it’s a matter of us doing something wrong, I’d like help.
Your window will not open until 60 days prior to your check in date. At which time either you or DD can make the reservations....but your window will not open at the same time hers does just because you are "linked" in MDX. Hope that makes sense?

This is likely why. FPs can only be prebooked for those with valid park admission.

This is likely why. FPs can only be prebooked for those with valid park admission.

Thanks for the responses. Makes sense. Just could have swore I read otherwise.

I'm actually a little confused. You say a "package" kicks in on January 5th. This usually means a room+tickets package. Are you on that reservation? If so, you should have valid park admission. Booking FP+ under that ticket is possible for days even prior to that reservation, as long as it is within the window. If you have a proper reservation on January 4th, then your 60 day window opens _tomorrow_.

siskaren said:
November 5th is the 60 day mark for a reservation starting January 4th.

Oops yes...my brain thought today was the 5th...long weekend :)

I'm actually a little confused. You say a "package" kicks in on January 5th. This usually means a room+tickets package. Are you on that reservation? If so, you should have valid park admission. Booking FP+ under that ticket is possible for days even prior to that reservation, as long as it is within the window. If you have a proper reservation on January 4th, then your 60 day window opens _tomorrow_.

I understand what you're saying. It goes back to my daughter arriving several days before us and all of us being linked. I thought I read several pages back that someone reported to have been in a situation similar to mine and their other party was able to book FPs for the entire group even though that one particular party didn't arrive until almost a week later.

I'm really quite over it, but didn't want to be rude and not respond. My window opens Thursday so I'll be making the rest of our FPs then.

Hi eeyoreland,
I have also been researching this as well; the ability to book FP+ (when my 60 day window opens) for members of my family who arrive later than me with their own rooms/package reservations.
Here is one thread I've been tracking.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52572808#post52572808
Good luck to us!:goodvibes
Please report back how it works out for you.

How do people who don't follow the Disboards figure anything out? Haha, I can't imagine trying to plan a Disney trip without all this help! :)

My FP+ 60 day window opens in a few days.
My Disney Experience has my DH and I for 3 day tickets. It also shows I have added a friend to the family and friends list as she and her husband are arriving the same day as us. Her name shows up under tickets and passes in MDE. We would like to make FP+ choices for Epcot 1 day of the trip together.

-On midnight when my window opens I know it will magically show me, my DH, and my friend, but what about her husband? Is he automatically included in her ticket availability since she reserved a package for 2?

-Would it be better for her and I to simultaneously log in to our respective accounts and try for FP+ picks that are the same for that Epcot day? (Obviously we will need to separately be on the accounts anyway as we have other park days to plan.)

How do people who don't follow the Disboards figure anything out? Haha, I can't imagine trying to plan a Disney trip without all this help! :)

My FP+ 60 day window opens in a few days.
My Disney Experience has my DH and I for 3 day tickets. It also shows I have added a friend to the family and friends list as she and her husband are arriving the same day as us. Her name shows up under tickets and passes in MDE. We would like to make FP+ choices for Epcot 1 day of the trip together.

-On midnight when my window opens I know it will magically show me, my DH, and my friend, but what about her husband? Is he automatically included in her ticket availability since she reserved a package for 2?

-Would it be better for her and I to simultaneously log in to our respective accounts and try for FP+ picks that are the same for that Epcot day? (Obviously we will need to separately be on the accounts anyway as we have other park days to plan.)

i've been planning for a similar scenario, and while my window hasn't opened yet, i'm pretty sure you need her husband to show up in advance, too. he needs a profile in her MDE account, and it needs to be shared with you.

then you can log in and do it for everyone. if he doesn't show up in your MDE ahead of time, then i would plan on simultaneous logins.

Hi eeyoreland,
I have also been researching this as well; the ability to book FP+ (when my 60 day window opens) for members of my family who arrive later than me with their own rooms/package reservations.
Here is one thread I've been tracking.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=52572808#post52572808
Good luck to us!:goodvibes
Please report back how it works out for you.

Thanks. I just commented over there. I see the OP over there never commented as to whether or not it worked.

Thank you for your help! With your suggestions,I was able to get the Fast Pass +s that I really wanted!

We booked our FPs for our 12-night trip last night.

Staying up to midnight was agonizing with the recent daylight savings time. At about 11:45 I clicked on the FastPass button and a message came up telling me FP would be ready on Nov. 6. Oh no!

Our first day at the park is a room-only booking, with the rest of the stay an 11-day Stay, Dine, Play package. So I thought maybe that was why it wouldn't let me book before the 6th. I was so bummed, but lo and behold, at midnight the button opened up and I got in, one day early! I was able to get every FP we wanted, including 7DMT. I saw plenty of A&Es as well.

Phew! It feels so good to have that sorted. :)

Okay, I just noticed something in MDE and I want to be sure we are all connected for the big FP+ day. We have 4 adults and 2 kids on our reservation. Our login is in DH's name. So the list in Friends and Family has DS and DDIL and both grandsons plus myself. Under every name except mine, it says "you manage this account". on mine, it says, " Tammie has a Disney account." but next to my name it says "Tammie can view your shared plans.

Tammie can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos."

Next to DS and DDIL it shows that we have sent an email invitation.

Is there anything we need to be doing, or will I be able to sign in under DH and book all 6 FP+ without anything else happening besides ticket link?

mesaboy2, (or any knowledgable WDW Fan)

Here's my situation...I'd like your opinion on how to work this. We will be staying at Shades of Green 13-20 Dec. Since it's not considered an on-sight hotel, we have to wait until 30 days out to secure FP+ reservations. Issue is that we are a party of 10 (all adults, so A & E and rides popular with children are not an issue). How difficult is it to do a FP+ for that many adults? We don't care if they are later in the day. Would it be easier to split that into 2 groups of 5 and try to get overlapping times? How much time do they usually overlap? In other words, what would our actual window be? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter