FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a split stay next week (5 nights at the Swan followed by 5 nights at Boardwalk Villas). I was able to book FP+ for our whole party (including friends who do not check in until 2 days after us) for the entire length of our stay at WDW (both resorts - 10/22 to 11/1) 60 days prior to check in date at the Swan (FP+ were booked at the end of August). Hope that answers your questions :)

Great news . . . thanks for the update! :thumbsup2

At one point, FP+ for Wishes & parades were not opened at the 60 day mark. Is that still the case or are they showing up now with all the rest at 60 days? We want to get a FP+ for MSEP & Illuminations. If they are not available at 60 days out, I'll have to tinker with the FP+ selections later to fit them in. We're only going to be at MK for two days, & EPCOT one day, so the FP+ for those park are the most important to us on this trip. This is our first trip with FP+, so I'm just trying to get prepared!

At one point, FP+ for Wishes & parades were not opened at the 60 day mark. Is that still the case or are they showing up now with all the rest at 60 days? We want to get a FP+ for MSEP & Illuminations. If they are not available at 60 days out, I'll have to tinker with the FP+ selections later to fit them in. We're only going to be at MK for two days, & EPCOT one day, so the FP+ for those park are the most important to us on this trip. This is our first trip with FP+, so I'm just trying to get prepared!

AFAIK they are now being released at 60 days just like all the other FPs.

** I booked all my FP+ in August at 60day mark and got MSEP, Wishes and FOFP **

Regular Wishes isn't showing during that part of December, but the Christmas version is.

That's what I am looking for.
Even now, the Christmas Parade is showing up, but not "wishes". Would it be called "celebrate the season"?

Oh - I see it now... It's "holiday wishes". It's showing up for the 21st, but not the 20th. I'm thinking MAYBE my other FP+ times are interfering?

This morning, at 60 days, MSEP and Christmas parade was showing up. I also saw Wishes (non-Christmas version), but had issues with finding/booking the Christmas fireworks.
Update - now, at 18hours past 60 days, the Holiday Wishes is showing up. I KNOW it was not showing up last night.

I didn't see this information in this thread, but I think it's useful to know....

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade (replaces FoF in late Dec) at 3:30pm has FP+ times of 3:10-3:35pm

Main Street Electric Parade at 10:15pm has a FP+ time of 9:55-10:15pm

Holiday Wishes - Celebrate the Spirit of the Season (replaces Wishes in late Dec) at 9:00pm has a FP+ of 8:40-8:55pm

If you want to book these experiences, make sure you do NOT book anything else that you want to keep in those time slots. If you do, they will not show up as an option when trying to "change experience" (because they conflict with another FP+).

mesaboy2 - I don't know if this info is useful since it's December only, but perhaps something similar would be good to add to your first post. I know I made the mistake of having a 5 minute overlap with a FP+ I was keeping and it prevented these options from showing up.
I found it confusing that one "expires" at event start time, one stops 5 minutes prior, and the other 5 minutes after. They also have different lengths of return windows.

I'm sincerely sorry if this was posted somewhere in the thread. (if so, I missed it)

I didn't see this information in this thread, but I think it's useful to know....

Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade (replaces FoF in late Dec) at 3:30pm has FP+ times of 3:10-3:35pm

Main Street Electric Parade at 10:15pm has a FP+ time of 9:55-10:15pm

Holiday Wishes - Celebrate the Spirit of the Season (replaces Wishes in late Dec) at 9:00pm has a FP+ of 8:40-8:55pm

If you want to book these experiences, make sure you do NOT book anything else that you want to keep in those time slots. If you do, they will not show up as an option when trying to "change experience" (because they conflict with another FP+).

mesaboy2 - I don't know if this info is useful since it's December only, but perhaps something similar would be good to add to your first post. I know I made the mistake of having a 5 minute overlap with a FP+ I was keeping and it prevented these options from showing up.
I found it confusing that one "expires" at event start time, one stops 5 minutes prior, and the other 5 minutes after. They also have different lengths of return windows.

I'm sincerely sorry if this was posted somewhere in the thread. (if so, I missed it)

I try not to get into the weeds too much with specific show times, it's always changing and nigh impossible to keep up with any accuracy. And everything's complicated enough already anyway.

But, I should note the different offerings available in late December and will make that edit shortly.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I try not to get into the weeds too much with specific show times, it's always changing and nigh impossible to keep up with any accuracy. And everything's complicated enough already anyway.

But, I should note the different offerings available in late December and will make that edit shortly.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Ah, yes. I understand. I know you have a good handle on the info that is needed and what just gets in the way. :thumbsup2
Also wanted to say THANK YOU! In particular, your first post on this thread was extremely helpful. I'm not sure what I would have done without it.

I have a FP+ for the Main Street Electrical Parade next week. Does anyone know where the FP+ location is at the MK? Also, at what time does the area open before the parade?

Thanks!

I have a FP+ for the Main Street Electrical Parade next week. Does anyone know where the FP+ location is at the MK? Also, at what time does the area open before the parade?

Thanks!

I don't know if it as moved, but it was around the inside of the hub on the side across from the castle. I think it opened about 30 minutes before, possibly earlier.

Thanks!

The first post contains this information.

Question: We have three of us going to Disney in December. :cool1: However, we're not entirely certain that dd's friend can come. I have to buy a ticket for her so I can make FP+ times. If she ends up not making it, can I cancel her times without losing any others that I made? :scared:

I have been checking to see if the Festival of Fantasy Parade opens up as a FP+ option since I did not get to choose it as it was full when booking.

Just to put this in perspective - I just got A&E and Mine Train (neither of which I want) both as an option to switch and NO parade availability!

Are the times I'm searching okay? One person I was checking the fastpass during 2:15-3:15 and the other person I was checking the fastpass during 2:25-3:25. This is our last fast pass time of the day so we have nothing scheduled afterwards.

I have been checking to see if the Festival of Fantasy Parade opens up as a FP+ option since I did not get to choose it as it was full when booking. Just to put this in perspective - I just got A&E and Mine Train (neither of which I want) both as an option to switch and NO parade availability! Are the times I'm searching okay? One person I was checking the fastpass during 2:15-3:15 and the other person I was checking the fastpass during 2:25-3:25. This is our last fast pass time of the day so we have nothing scheduled afterwards.

Times should be good - its a 2:45-3:05 FP. Good Luck!

This morning the tiers disappeared for those of us going in November. Not sure if it is a glitch or something long term.

jbrown22 said:
This morning the tiers disappeared for those of us going in November. Not sure if it is a glitch or something long term.

Thanks for posting! Now we have soarin and test track, and RNR and TSMM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter