• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question (for @mesaboy2 or anyone -- I didn't see it in the first post) based on something @tink9702 said in another thread: Suppose I have a FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight from 9 am to 10 am, and a FP+ for BTMRR from 10:35 am to 11:35 am. I use the FP+ ride Peter Pan's Flight and finish by 9:15 am. At 9:15 am, assuming FP+ availability, can I use the MDE app to reschedule my BTMRR FP+ for, say, 9:25 am to 10:25 am? It overlaps with another FP+, but it's a FP+ that I've already used.

Question (for @mesaboy2 or anyone -- I didn't see it in the first post) based on something @tink9702 said in another thread: Suppose I have a FP+ for Peter Pan's Flight from 9 am to 10 am, and a FP+ for BTMRR from 10:35 am to 11:35 am. I use the FP+ ride Peter Pan's Flight and finish by 9:15 am. At 9:15 am, assuming FP+ availability, can I use the MDE app to reschedule my BTMRR FP+ for, say, 9:25 am to 10:25 am? It overlaps with another FP+, but it's a FP+ that I've already used.
Yes, you can move up your FPs if there is availability. It doesn't overlap a "used" FP because the system knows the earlier FP is no longer a factor in your FP schedule.

Currently, I have a room only resort reservation for 2016. I plan to purchase tickets from UT and then link them on the MDE account. My question is, once I link the tickets, is it possible to 'practice' making the FP+ reservations before the real 60 day mark, or are you basically locked out until that date?

Currently, I have a room only resort reservation for 2016. I plan to purchase tickets from UT and then link them on the MDE account. My question is, once I link the tickets, is it possible to 'practice' making the FP+ reservations before the real 60 day mark, or are you basically locked out until that date?
Yes, active tickets allow practicing. It's packages that don't allow practicing.

My 60 day window is tonight at midnight!!!i read in opening post about the recommendation to use a computer because the app can be glitchy. My pc is over 7 years old and slower than molasses. I have a new iPhone and newer iPad. Any recommendations of which I shoukd use at midnight? *fingers crossed for Anna & Elsa* TIA

My 60 day window is tonight at midnight!!!i read in opening post about the recommendation to use a computer because the app can be glitchy. My pc is over 7 years old and slower than molasses. I have a new iPhone and newer iPad. Any recommendations of which I shoukd use at midnight? *fingers crossed for Anna & Elsa* TIA

iPad should probably be fine as you can still use the web page, but I have not done it myself to know if there are issues...

I've been checking out The Dibb site and it has A&E and Wishes and most of the hard to get FP+ as pretty wide open for all of July. Is this correct? Are these not as hard as they used to be?

I've been checking out The Dibb site and it has A&E and Wishes and most of the hard to get FP+ as pretty wide open for all of July. Is this correct? Are these not as hard as they used to be?

Might be getting better, might be adjusting capacity up for summer crowds. If they are consistently easier in the coming months I may remove those "hard-to-get" tags from some attractions in the first posts. Things fluctuate all the time, too hard to keep OP consistently up-to-date so I play it conservative.

Might be getting better, might be adjusting capacity up for summer crowds. If they are consistently easier in the coming months I may remove those "hard-to-get" tags from some attractions in the first posts. Things fluctuate all the time, too hard to keep OP consistently up-to-date so I play it conservative.

No problem! I love your OP. I was more wondering if this was a glitch on The Dibb's site or if it was getting a bit better.

I've always wondered when the A&E M&G would die down a bit. I thought "maybe" it was about that time. :)

No problem! I love your OP. I was more wondering if this was a glitch on The Dibb's site or if it was getting a bit better.

I've always wondered when the A&E M&G would die down a bit. I thought "maybe" it was about that time. :)

Maybe when Froway opens, and that's assuming they also remain at MK.

Did them last night standby at 9:45p, out in 40 minutes or so though MDX reported 25. Still not horrible.

Last edited:
If you cancel a FP+ does MDE consider it used? I'm wondering if I could try to get multiple FPs for Test Track/Soarin by getting that FP for first thing in the morning, then cancelling my other two FP after I've used it and going to the kiosk to try for another TT/Soarin FP for later in the evening. I know that same-day availability for those rides will be limited but there's really nothing else at EPCOT that requires a FP so I figured it'd be worth a try.

I wonder if they increased capactiy on A&E and if people are not doing Wishes as much since they made everyone stand.

Just curious.

I know that A&E wasn't available at all at 60 days for any of mine. I never had more than 61 day lead time (throw-away room style) and never got the 70 day advantage. I was looking just in case my inlaws said they want it. I wasn't upset they weren't available just noted it for fact gathering purposes. :) At this point if inlaws want to meet the girls, they'll need to hustle at park opening.

I am going to visit WDW, August 9-12...high capacity time. :rolleyes: We are a group of 5.
Is it safe to say we could walk on Splash Mtn and BTMR both before 10am without fast passes with little to no waits...and start booking fastpasses at 10am, 11am, 12 noon .Or should we play it safe and get a fast pass for one of these . I value your opinion...thanks :cutie:

August 31, Monday
Party of 5
Epcot crowd level est at 3 or 4

My family loves TT are would like to ride that multiple times. Soarin' just once. Single rider line will not be okay with youngest. We will get there at rope drop and move it to TT. We are usually ahead of the crowd.

I was thinking about trying this stragegy;
TT stabdby
TT standby
TT FP 9am -10am
Mission space 10-11am
CHaracter COnnection 11-12pm, arriving early in the window.

Two Questions:
1. Is it likely that I will be able to get a Soarin' fast pass (4th) for sometime 7:30pm or later? or I guess 4:30 - 5:30 would work (we have 600 reservation at Coral Reef)
2. Can we expect that TT strategy to work, with a FP expiring at 10am?

THanks for your help

Last edited:

I'll be curious to see if that continues once shorter hours start again (including party season).

Glad you were able to see them last night with a not horrible wait. :)

August 31, Monday
Party of 5
Epcot crowd level est at 3 or 4

My family loves TT are would like to ride that multiple times. Soarin' just once. Single rider line will not be okay with youngest. We will get there at rope drop and move it to TT. We are usually ahead of the crowd.

I was thinking about trying this stragegy;
TT stabdby
TT standby
TT FP 9am -10am
Mission space 10-11am
CHaracter COnnection 11-12pm, arriving early in the window.

Two Questions:
1. Is it likely that I will be able to get a Soarin' fast pass (4th) for sometime 7:30pm or later? or I guess 4:30 - 5:30 would work (we have 600 reservation at Coral Reef)
2. Can we expect that TT stategy to wok, with a FP exp at 10am?

THanks for your help

1. With that size party, I think chances are low--sorry.

2. I'd put it at a 50% chance of working, maybe less.

These are just huge guesses, kinda like guessing Florida weather more than a day in the future.

Last edited:
I'll be curious to see if that continues once shorter hours start again (including party season).

Glad you were able to see them last night with a not horrible wait. :)

Thanks! DD and I recognized Anna's friend that night as the same friend who we had great interaction with back in the early Norway days, so it worked out alright. We're pretty sure she was in FOF earlier in the day also, which seems like a long day for the friend of such a popular princess. DW was MS shopping by herself when I made the executive decision for DD to see them (without DW) late in the night and almost out the door. (That MDX 25-minute wait time was enticing.) So we trudged back from Town Square and did that, and DW hung out on MS and watched Wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter