• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
klinehan said:
I did my 3 FP+ in the morning in hopes of getting more and I regret it. The lines to get more at the kiosks were terrible and there weren't even a lot of choices left. I should've taken advantage of the shorter AM lines and planned them all in the afternoon.

That is what I'm afraid of as well. I tried to keep all of my fastpasses for early afternoon, hoping I might be able to get a fourth on most days. In MK, I tried to space them out quite a bit to avoid zigzagging back and forth across the park.

Exception was AK:
safari @ AK because I've heard the animals may be more active early morning.

I only chose 2 FP+ for my day at Epcot and would like to add a 3rd but I'm afraid it will dump my current selections. Can someone please walk me through this process?! Also, I selected FP+ in the late afternoon for Epcot, does that mean I can not select FP+ for a different park in the morning? I apologize if these questions have already been asked but the amount of FP+ talk is so excessive my trip would be over before I found my answer. :confused3 :confused::confused:
You may need to call to add your 3rd back on. To do this online you will need to cancel your existing 2. And yes, if you have 2 scheduled already in Epcot, your third cannot be at a different park. All 3 that day must be in Epcot. Hope this helps!

I called and asked. According to the person I talked to, once you cancel a FP+ selection, you have to reselect all three if you want to add another experience. If you don't want to cancel out the one or two you still have, you just have to wait until you are in the park and the others have been used before booking another FP+. Ugh. I liked the old system better. They should make this clear before you hit cancel. I didn't know this would happen.
rimmer - this post addresses your exact question

Amazing thread with so much info. But I still have one question.

When booking my FP+ at 60 days what day should I start with day 1 or day 8? We are doing 3 at MK, and one day at each other resort. I am not trying to get A&E, but would like the seven dwarf train at least once.

Amazing thread with so much info. But I still have one question.

When booking my FP+ at 60 days what day should I start with day 1 or day 8? We are doing 3 at MK, and one day at each other resort. I am not trying to get A&E, but would like the seven dwarf train at least once.

First time doing FP, but from what I've learned, start with the day with your hardest FP. i.e. start with the day you would like Seven Drarf Mine Train...and for that one in particular, you'll have better luck if you put it for later in your trip.

This thread is great, but it's also confused me...so I got a question.

My kids are 4 years apart so not all our rides will be together. However, when I can, I am making them the same. If we have say:

DS and DH wanting FP for rides: a, b and c
DD and myself wanting FP for rides: a, b and d

What is the best way to book these, as we'd want to ride a and b all together (i.e. same FP times)?

Do I start with booking all four of us for: a, b and c.
But then can I switch DD and my FP ride from c to d, while keeping the other two? Or do we have to cancel all of them and try to rebook a, b and d...hoping to get the same time for a and b?

First time doing FP, but from what I've learned, start with the day with your hardest FP. i.e. start with the day you would like Seven Drarf Mine Train...and for that one in particular, you'll have better luck if you put it for later in your trip.

Thanks.

This thread is great, but it's also confused me...so I got a question. My kids are 4 years apart so not all our rides will be together. However, when I can, I am making them the same. If we have say: DS and DH wanting FP for rides: a, b and c DD and myself wanting FP for rides: a, b and d What is the best way to book these, as we'd want to ride a and b all together (i.e. same FP times)? Do I start with booking all four of us for: a, b and c. But then can I switch DD and my FP ride from c to d, while keeping the other two? Or do we have to cancel all of them and try to rebook a, b and d...hoping to get the same time for a and b?
My first time too....but I believe the easiest way to do this would be to schedule all of you for the same 3, then tweak the 3rd attraction. That way when you start the selection process, you can just select all 4 of you on that first screen and move on. Otherwise, you will have to keep adjusting your party, which I imagine would get more tedious than this already is!

My first time too....but I believe the easiest way to do this would be to schedule all of you for the same 3, then tweak the 3rd attraction. That way when you start the selection process, you can just select all 4 of you on that first screen and move on. Otherwise, you will have to keep adjusting your party, which I imagine would get more tedious than this already is!

Oh thank you...so when you select 3 FP, you can still switch around the rides if needed (i.e. play with the rides...and not just the times)? Form an earlier post, I was worried that you had to delete all three and select again.

Oh thank you...so when you select 3 FP, you can still switch around the rides if needed (i.e. play with the rides...and not just the times)? Form an earlier post, I was worried that you had to delete all three and select again.

Yes, you can switch the rides around, in addition to the times - easy, and that's the way to go. Other posts were probably referring to having CANCELLED one FP and then trying to add one back in -- then you need to cancel all three and start over (at least in my experience).

For anyone booking recently, is Maelstrom still unavailable for FP+ for the end of September into October?

Yes, you can switch the rides around, in addition to the times - easy, and that's the way to go. Other posts were probably referring to having CANCELLED one FP and then trying to add one back in -- then you need to cancel all three and start over (at least in my experience).

Thanks so much for clarifying. I'll start by booking all of us the same, and then modify the rides over that are different (except for A&E, which I know I should start with requesting only 2 instead of 4).

Thanks so much for clarifying. I'll start by booking all of us the same, and then modify the rides over that are different (except for A&E, which I know I should start with requesting only 2 instead of 4).

You're welcome -- hope it works well for you as well! FYI, I booked ALL of our FP including A&E for ALL 4 OF US at once. A&E was available for all four from days 5-12 of our trip. Perhaps it's the Oct timeframe that made this possible, but I was glad I didn't have to start with 2, etc.

You're welcome -- hope it works well for you as well! FYI, I booked ALL of our FP including A&E for ALL 4 OF US at once. A&E was available for all four from days 5-12 of our trip. Perhaps it's the Oct timeframe that made this possible, but I was glad I didn't have to start with 2, etc.

That's great that you got A&E for all four of you. We're going in October too, so fingers crossed. DS would have no interest , but DD5 for sure.

The one caveat here is that when you switch attractions, you can only swap to a ride that is available at the same time as your original FP+ is scheduled. So if you want to change the attraction AND the time, that is a 2-step process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter