FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked in the front, but admittedly didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been asked and answered....

We're going in January with the following group
Me, DH, 2 kids, all with APs and magic bands
Sister #1, her husband, her kid, all with APs (no MBs yet, but presumably will get them at some point between now and then)
Sister #2, her husband, her kid, who do not yet have tickets
My parents, who do not yet have tickets

We all have MDE accounts and we are all linked together as family and friends.

We're staying off site, so only half the group will have Magic Bands (but that really shouldn't matter, right?)

SO... I know we can start making FP+ reservations 30 days in advance.

Does everyone need to have a ticket by that point?

Can I make FP+ reservations for everyone even if they don't have a park pass linked to their account?

For the AP holders we can make 7 days of reservations. For everyone else, what is their limit since they aren't on site?

Thanks!

Everyone needs a ticket linked to make a FP.

For those onsite - you can book for the shorter of the length of the ticket or length of hotel days onsite - whichever is fewer at 60 days out, length of ticket at 30 days out.

I don't know if it's a general change, but I was able to book FP+ for both Wishes and Festival of Fantasy this morning at 60 days out.

Hi, we were just at EPCOT at the end of may and Test Track was down for a good portion of the day. I didn't know it at the time, but I had received this e-mail:
Hello.

We're sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet® from 1:25 PM to 2:25 PM on 05/30/2014 needs to be changed because the experience is temporarily unavailable.

As a replacement, you may now visit any one of the following FastPass+ experiences on 05/30/2014, starting at 1:25 PM through anytime during normal Theme Park operating hours (Valid Theme Park admission is required and your FastPass+ selection cannot be redeemed during Extra Magic Hours):

Experiences*
Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet®
The Seas with Nemo & Friends®
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Mission: SPACE®
Captain EO
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Maelstrom

There is no action needed to select the experience in advance. During the designated day and time, just arrive at the FastPass+ entrance to one of the experiences above and touch your MagicBand to enter!

*Note that you may be able to still experience your selection for Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet® if it becomes available again today, unless you opt to visit one of the other listed experiences.

Visit My Plans on My Disney Experience for more details.

I wish I had checked my e-mail, because I would have loved to use the "super fast pass" right away (1:25pm). Instead I went to a kiosk, and they couldn't do anything until 2:25pm, when my fp window had expired. We didn't want to wait, so we just finished our day and ended up back at TT late at night and I went on.

I use an email address on my home computer so I can print items out. This email address is on my MDE.

I am wondering if I can change my email address on MDE to my daughter's email address a week before our trip so it will show any changes like the one above on her smart phone that she gets emails and she also has the Disney app on the phone?

I apologize, as I have not had time to go through the 2,000+ posts to find this answer, but from what I have read so far, is it true that I can only make additional fastpass + selections at another park after the first 3 have been used, AND these selections can only be made at the park kiosks of the park I wish to hop to??? So if we spent the bulk of the day at MK, used our 3 FP+ and went back to the resort to rest, I would have to wait until we got to EP that evening, before I could make additional selections? I cannot do it from the website or app, correct?

I apologize, as I have not had time to go through the 2,000+ posts to find this answer, but from what I have read so far, is it true that I can only make additional fastpass + selections at another park after the first 3 have been used, AND these selections can only be made at the park kiosks of the park I wish to hop to??? So if we spent the bulk of the day at MK, used our 3 FP+ and went back to the resort to rest, I would have to wait until we got to EP that evening, before I could make additional selections? I cannot do it from the website or app, correct?

Correct.

Very ignorant question, but I'll ask it anyway! :-) ..... What does a "Wishes FP+" actually give you??

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Very ignorant question, but I'll ask it anyway! :-) ..... What does a "Wishes FP+" actually give you??

It gives you access to a reserved area (good, not best, view that is less crowded).
From first posting in this thread:
C - Wishes *Reserved Area (Rose Garden, off-center but uncrowded) Not available at 60 days prior

Reserved Area - Indicates an exclusive section for use by guests with FP+. This type of FP+ has moderate value in terms of saving time while securing preferred viewing.

It gives you access to a reserved area (good, not best, view that is less crowded). From first posting in this thread: C - Wishes *Reserved Area (Rose Garden, off-center but uncrowded) Not available at 60 days prior Reserved Area - Indicates an exclusive section for use by guests with FP+. This type of FP+ has moderate value in terms of saving time while securing preferred viewing.

Thanks for the quick response! So... Is it worth it? And what are the chances it's available as the 4th choice on the same day? :-)

I apologize if this has been asked before but I am sneaking in a quick question while at work.... MDE says that June 21 is the first day I can make FP+ selections. Does that mean Friday night /Saturday morning at 12 midnight EST? I was on the phone to fix some dining reservations in MDE last night and the CM told me that it wasn't midnight but was instead 6 am? I am guessing she was wrong? Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response! So... Is it worth it? And what are the chances it's available as the 4th choice on the same day? :-)

The original post rates it as a C meaning it's lower in terms of value to them. I would tend to agree. It also means you'd be giving up a 4th if you used it as your 3 FP+. I couldn't say your chances of getting it as a 4th but the earlier you use up your 3 the better chance you'd have. If it's important enough to you and if you're going to MK multiple times in a trip it might be worth it to use as one of your 3. I would personally take my chances since we usually do ok with getting a spot somewhere but party size, time of year, etc. can affect things.

Has anyone been able to make the 4th at the hotel concierge desk vs. at a park kiosk in a situation like this?

Correct. If you are going to your first park early enough where wait times aren't too bad, one strategy might be to setup your FP+ for your second park and do standby at your first park.

I apologize if this has been asked before but I am sneaking in a quick question while at work.... MDE says that June 21 is the first day I can make FP+ selections. Does that mean Friday night /Saturday morning at 12 midnight EST? I was on the phone to fix some dining reservations in MDE last night and the CM told me that it wasn't midnight but was instead 6 am? I am guessing she was wrong? Thanks!

CM is wrong. It is 6AM for dining but midnight for FP+.

Thank you. Two more questions:

1. We are staying at Beach Club, and will be spending most of our evenings at Epcot. Is there a kiosk close to where I would enter EP from the Beach Club side?

2. And should there be some FP + choices left if I wasn't able to make it into Epcot until late afternoon? Mostly interested in riding Soarin. We are going August 18-27

1. We are staying at Beach Club, and will be spending most of our evenings at Epcot. Is there a kiosk close to where I would enter EP from the Beach Club side?

2. And should there be some FP + choices left if I wasn't able to make it into Epcot until late afternoon? Mostly interested in riding Soarin. We are going August 18-27

1. Not sure exactly where the kiosk are

2. If you book them in advance sure, just schedule your FP for when you plan to arrive. They will not likely still be there if you wait to arrive to book them.

I believe there is a kiosk at the International Gateway according to Josh's cheat sheets on Easywdw.

We are at WDW for awhile and have many different times where we have FP's early and for the rides we want. I do want to go to American Idol Experience and never had a problem getting in. However, with the advent of the Idol FP am wondering if there may be a problem now. Has anyone gotten in fine without a FP and also if you were to use a FP on it, what is the benefit? I mean, it doesn't appear from the first page of this post that there is a special section.

We were there last year the last week in Aug. If you are willing to miss IllumiNations, that is a great time to go on Soarin'. We were able to walk right on. I've never done that before not even with a FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter