FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on why the Wishes FP+ says Closed for Refurbishment ONLY on July 3rd and 4th? Is it just not being offered as an option even or will it open later ya think?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

If I remember, it shows the FP+ info for that person's account, but they're was an option to show everybody in your party. I'll have to go into the app to remember where that was.
Ooooohhhhh yes lots of trouble with the app, I had given up tring to get meet and greet with elsa nothing showing on the app but went online and was able to book fastpass es for all five of our party with no problem. Had the same issue with the dwarfs mine train !!

Ooooohhhhh yes lots of trouble with the app, I had given up tring to get meet and greet with elsa nothing showing on the app but went online and was able to book fastpass es for all five of our party with no problem. Had the same issue with the dwarfs mine train !!

App has to be updated often to see latest FP offerings

Very early for that. This is one of several that doesn't appear at 60 days.

It's been available for the first couple weeks of July, but I don't know about the latter part of the month.

Any thoughts on why the Wishes FP+ says Closed for Refurbishment ONLY on July 3rd and 4th? Is it just not being offered as an option even or will it open later ya think?

I'm pretty sure they do special fireworks on the 3rd and 4th. Maybe they are calling it something different, or just not offering FP+ for it.

Koh1977 said:
Yep, you should be good. :-) that's what I did. 5 nights package with 9 day tickets, then 4 nights room only. I was able to book all 9 days. Just won't let you book more days than you have tickets for.

I have a similar situation, only mine involves some nights off site at the beginning of my trip so at my 60 day mark (from checking in at aoa) would I be able to book all my fp+ since I will have tickets for all the days?

I have a question regarding the FOF FP+ and I'm hoping I can word this in a way that makes sense! Ok, here it goes...

I will make my 3 FP+ choices at 60 days out, knowing that FOF will not be available. When it does open up for my date how do I go about changing one FP to the parade instead? Would it be better to make one FP at the parade time and later on change the experience or to make one FP at a totally different time as a sort of "dummy" slot so that I can dump it later and add FOF? Do other FP near the time of the parade affect my ability to get one for FOF? Do these questions even make any sense at all? Help!! LOL!

I have a question regarding the FOF FP+ and I'm hoping I can word this in a way that makes sense! Ok, here it goes... I will make my 3 FP+ choices at 60 days out, knowing that FOF will not be available. When it does open up for my date how do I go about changing one FP to the parade instead? Would it be better to make one FP at the parade time and later on change the experience or to make one FP at a totally different time as a sort of "dummy" slot so that I can dump it later and add FOF? Do other FP near the time of the parade affect my ability to get one for FOF? Do these questions even make any sense at all? Help!! LOL!

You would want to make sure you don't have any that overlap with the parade timeframe...which it says to meet at like 2:40-2:55 for the 3pm parade.

Confused about rider swap from some of the things I'm reading and we go to Disney all the time since we live in FL. Isn't rider swab only available when in stand by lines? As you go to stand by line and show you have a child to small to ride... they give you swap ticket... later on you swap child with other adult and they enter via FP line. Correct?

So if I enter the FP line to start with bc son and I have tickets, dad and daughter are waiting it bc daughter to small. I can't get a rider swap ticket at this time... correct? Seems like people are implying you can... but maybe I'm misinterpreting what they are saying.

Sorry if this has been asked before in this thread but I did the search, trying to locate anything about my issue and couldn't find anything so :thanks: in advance:flower3:

We are not going until September, trip booked, magic bands customized and ressie, tickets and other ressie is linked. I am trying to familiarize myself with all the new FP+ stuff since we haven't been since 2011. I have read on this thread that we could play around with the FP+ and get some hands on experience.

I am in my MDX and I have clicked on the FP+ I can see in the background a calendar but there is a pop up box that says
"We're Sorry...
In order to select FastPass+ experiences, party members must have a valid ticket and be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

Is this because we are not booked until September? Will it be available closer to my dates or is there something wrong with my reservations?

:thanks: for any help:goodvibes

Confused about rider swap from some of the things I'm reading and we go to Disney all the time since we live in FL. Isn't rider swab only available when in stand by lines? As you go to stand by line and show you have a child to small to ride... they give you swap ticket... later on you swap child with other adult and they enter via FP line. Correct?

So if I enter the FP line to start with bc son and I have tickets, dad and daughter are waiting it bc daughter to small. I can't get a rider swap ticket at this time... correct? Seems like people are implying you can... but maybe I'm misinterpreting what they are saying.

You have always been able to do rider swap with FP- as well. Everyone presented their FP-. Dad and DD get a swap ticket, ride, then Mom and DD present the swap ticket at the FP line so that DD rides a second time.

I have no experience with FP+ to make a comparison, and we no longer use child swap.

We are not going until September, trip booked, magic bands customized and ressie, tickets and other ressie is linked. I am trying to familiarize myself with all the new FP+ stuff since we haven't been since 2011. I have read on this thread that we could play around with the FP+ and get some hands on experience.

I am in my MDX and I have clicked on the FP+ I can see in the background a calendar but there is a pop up box that says
"We're Sorry...
In order to select FastPass+ experiences, party members must have a valid ticket and be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window."

Is this because we are not booked until September? Will it be available closer to my dates or is there something wrong with my reservations?

Yes, it's because your trip is in September. As a resort guest your FP+ booking window starts 60 days prior to arrival.

You have always been able to do rider swap with FP- as well. Everyone presented their FP-. Dad and DD get a swap ticket, ride, then Mom and DD present the swap ticket at the FP line so that DD rides a second time.

I have no experience with FP+ to make a comparison, and we no longer use child swap.

So let me get this correct. If myself, husband and son have a FP ticket we all present to the FP line with our bands. At that point we can get a rider swap ticket bc my daughter is to small to ride?
Learn something new every da...I thought rider swap was only given out in stand by lines.

Yes, it's because your trip is in September. As a resort guest your FP+ booking window starts 60 days prior to arrival.
Gotcha :thumbsup2 Thank you for the info:flower3:
I thought I had read that you could go in and play around with it before your booking window opens:confused:

2 more questions that I thought about:laughing:

• Is it extremely important to get online at midnight EST, the day your booking date opens to be able to get SDMT FP?
  • Also, am I understanding it correctly, that if we have 2 reservations but we have everyone linked together that I would be able to get FP's for all 6 of us in our party eventhough there are 4 on 1 ressie and 2 on the other?

I think this is all my questions for now :goodvibes

Gotcha :thumbsup2 Thank you for the info:flower3:
I thought I had read that you could go in and play around with it before your booking window opens:confused:

You can. At least in some circumstances.

Our check in at our resort is 7/29, Our FP window opens on 5/30 for those dates
But, I can go in to MDE right this moment and book a FP for tomorrow, and for the next 30 days. Now, I'm not there so I can't use them but I can book them on any day over the next 30.
I don't know why you can't.

• Is it extremely important to get online at midnight EST, the day your booking date opens to be able to get SDMT FP?
  • Also, am I understanding it correctly, that if we have 2 reservations but we have everyone linked together that I would be able to get FP's for all 6 of us in our party eventhough there are 4 on 1 ressie and 2 on the other?

I think this is all my questions for now :goodvibes

In the dates I've checked over the next 30, once I get to the date it opens, there are openings for SDMT on each day. It seems for now it's not hard to get. I don't think it will require you to be online at midnight. A&E is currently the only ressie to fill up within 5-10 min after midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter