FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would give it a try and if you have problems call the Disney IT dept which is dedicated to solving Magic Band issues. Those guys are wizards!:wizard:
FYI I will be having a similar problem this March... I have an AP but my 5 guests will not have tickets until March. So I have made FP+ reservations for myself and hopefully will be able to add them all in when they have ticket media numbers. I will also be planning on calling the IT dept! ;)

I am feeling a bit better about this today. :) Here is a reply I got on another thread:
"If it's not a Disney will call confirmation number, you probably won't be able to link his admission until he exchanges for the actual ticket at WDW. Once he does that, there is an 'Copy' option in the FP+ booking process that can copy the selections from one individual to another."

I will still be trying it and then calling IT when it doesn't work, but I thought this "copy" function was good to know. I can't imagine them not doing something like this. It didn't seem logical that when you travel with a group, you would be prohibited from making FP+ plans that could be shared. Hopefully this will ease your worries also! Would you mind posting your experience when the time comes? I will be keeping up with this thread for a long time!

If staying onsite, on the resevation, no issues whatsoever on getting a Magic Band--tickets have absolutely zero to do with Magic bands. Link the ticket to the Magic Band, where it comes from absolutely does not matter. If you can't link it, call IT and see if they can. Once the ticket is linked, you can make FP+ reservations. FP+ have to do with the ticket. You get to make 3 in one park per day (as things stand today) for each day on your ticket. You just access your FP+ through your magic Band

Thanks for your help! I realize now that getting the MBs ahead of time is tied to our resort reservation, so no worries there. I will be prepared to call Disney IT when the certificate number is not accepted by the system. :)
Does anyone know the phone number?

If I already made a ADR that includes the Fantasmic! Package do I lose it because it's now a FP+ option?

Mesaboy2 - thanks for the hard work in creating and maintaining this information!:banana: This is extremely helpful and will make our upcoming trip in August that much more enjoyable. I wasn't aware of all that was involved in the FastPass+ system and you've made it very easy to understand, thanks!

This will be our first vacation sharing a room with some close friends and this will help us tremendously in making the most of our park visits.

For those who have used the FastPass+ for Wishes and the Main Street Electrical Parade, how was the experience? We're the family that likes to view the parade and fireworks from Main Street and were thinking that using the FastPass+ for these events would save us the time normally spent getting a good viewing spot. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and have a magical day.

hope somebody know the answer...

I get that offsite guests just book at the kiosks, don't need MDE etc. But can they book FP+ for attractions in a park they are not currently in ie. for the park they are going to hop to?

hope somebody know the answer...

I get that offsite guests just book at the kiosks, don't need MDE etc. But can they book FP+ for attractions in a park they are not currently in ie. for the park they are going to hop to?

No, you can only book for the park you are in.

No, you can only book for the park you are in.

thanks for the help :goodvibes

I think it's going to be hard to coordinate with the other members of our team that are staying offsite, but it was their choice to stay in a house to save money. Half of us are onsite, as always.

We found the FP+ very helpful for MSEP. The area is straight across from the castle and is big. We walked up 10 mins before MSEP and had no problem getting a spot at the rope. We stayed there for the magical memories laser show thing and wishes (they take the ropes down after MSEP). It's not a great spot for Wishes but totally acceptable. We easily saved an hour not having to wait for our parade spot. I personally wouldn't get the FP+ for wishes because we are happy watching it just about anywhere.

We found the FP+ very helpful for MSEP. The area is straight across from the castle and is big. We walked up 10 mins before MSEP and had no problem getting a spot at the rope. We stayed there for the magical memories laser show thing and wishes (they take the ropes down after MSEP). It's not a great spot for Wishes but totally acceptable. We easily saved an hour not having to wait for our parade spot. I personally wouldn't get the FP+ for wishes because we are happy watching it just about anywhere.

Excellent report, thank you! :goodvibes

Thanks for the information, this is most helpful! I agree that you'd save at least an hour if not more by taking advantage of FP+ for MSEP. Thanks!

Thanks for the information, this is most helpful! I agree that you'd save at least an hour if not more by taking advantage of FP+ for MSEP. Thanks!

For that particular primo spot, very possibly. For much of the route however, more like 30-40 minutes.

I haven't been able to figure this out yet. We're a party of 6 and I've been trying to make FP+ selections. We're not all going to want to do the same rides. When I try to choose just one FP+, it asks me if I want to continue because I've only chosen one. When I press continue, three rides are automatically chosen for me. How can I only choose one at a time?:confused3

What kind of discount should I expect on a 5 day MYW ticket at undercovertourist, using the mousesaver.com code? I just signed up for their newsletters, and am trying to decide if I am going to wait until the next letter comes out (Feb 15???) to purchase my tickets. What do you all think?

I haven't been able to figure this out yet. We're a party of 6 and I've been trying to make FP+ selections. We're not all going to want to do the same rides. When I try to choose just one FP+, it asks me if I want to continue because I've only chosen one. When I press continue, three rides are automatically chosen for me. How can I only choose one at a time?:confused3

Just accept the three that it picks for you, then go in and change the 2 that you don't want to something else.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Next to Illuminations and the Electrical Parade, it says, not available at 60 days. We leave on 3/7....Illuminations is currently showing as an option for us, but not the Electrical Parade. Do you think there is still hope, or is it more than likely full for that night?

For Disney JR Live.....is the reserved viewing area really that bad? :(

How can I get a FP+ for me and my husband for one attraction and a different attraction for other members of my family?

My husband and I want to ride Tower of Terror but my little girls won't do this one.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Next to Illuminations and the Electrical Parade, it says, not available at 60 days. We leave on 3/7....Illuminations is currently showing as an option for us, but not the Electrical Parade.

1. Do you think there is still hope, or is it more than likely full for that night?

2. For Disney JR Live.....is the reserved viewing area really that bad? :(

1. Yes, I believe there is still hope and it is more likely that MSEP hasn't been released yet for March than it is that MSEP spots are gone.

2. It really is that bad. The stage is elevated to accommodate the puppets, yet everyone sits on the floor. With the reserved area front-and-center, it means you are too close to the stage to see much but the tops of the puppets' heads, and even less if you're little--the show's target audience. You may or may not be able to request a spot outside this section--I've read mixed results.

How can I get a FP+ for me and my husband for one attraction and a different attraction for other members of my family?

My husband and I want to ride Tower of Terror but my little girls won't do this one.

Once selections have been made for the group, you should be able to modify each person's choices individually. Keep in mind everyone who wants to enter the FP queue needs an FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter