• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FASTPASS+ and other rumors

spursboy13

Galactic Hero
Okay, I thought fastpass + was bad before but this is getting out of hand. Let me show you what I mean.

Just today a friend was going down to Disney World for spring break with her family of about 20 people. She said the website sucks, she can't get everyone together (big group, hint hint) and that it is getting so bad that they're gonna start going out of the parks and to Universal. No hate to Universal, but Disney lovers and addicts that are like me will understand what I'm saying.

That's not all of it either. If rumors are true, Disney is going to start charging for the attractions you book. SO INSANE :furious::furious::furious: They also made EPCOT a tiered system. What that means is that if you book Soarin', you can't book Test Track the same day. Plus you have to pick something that you would never pick. I'm sooo mad right now.

In other rumors, the Snow White Mine Train is said to be ready by May, so get ready! Also, Avatarland? I don't know much on it but sounds interesting.

Wow. We (mainly our mom) don't like Fastpass+ and MagicBands, but that sounds really annoying about the FP+ >=(

Snow White - I can't wait to see that, it looked really cool in construction, I haven't seen it since last November, I hope it's better than the old SW ride, I never really liked that one

Avatarland - I honestly hope they aren't making that... I haven't heard much good on the movie, and I think Disney could find something better to use their money on, but that;s just my opinion

Wow. We (mainly our mom) don't like Fastpass+ and MagicBands, but that sounds really annoying about the FP+ >=(

Snow White - I can't wait to see that, it looked really cool in construction, I haven't seen it since last November, I hope it's better than the old SW ride, I never really liked that one

Avatarland - I honestly hope they aren't making that... I haven't heard much good on the movie, and I think Disney could find something better to use their money on, but that;s just my opinion

Yes, I am very mad.

I agree, that last snow white was scary to be honest. Eventually I warmed up to it but man.

Yeah I hope they don't do that. I think that with all the money they'll make with FP+ they make something better. Maybe a new roller coaster would be better.

Yes, I am very mad.

I agree, that last snow white was scary to be honest. Eventually I warmed up to it but man.

Yeah I hope they don't do that. I think that with all the money they'll make with FP+ they make something better. Maybe a new roller coaster would be better.

Yeah, the old one was my least favorite ride

I've always wanted a Neverland area. They have the fairy meet, yeah, but I want an actual area, I think it would be cool

Okay, I thought fastpass + was bad before but this is getting out of hand. Let me show you what I mean.

Just today a friend was going down to Disney World for spring break with her family of about 20 people. She said the website sucks, she can't get everyone together (big group, hint hint) and that it is getting so bad that they're gonna start going out of the parks and to Universal. No hate to Universal, but Disney lovers and addicts that are like me will understand what I'm saying.

That's not all of it either. If rumors are true, Disney is going to start charging for the attractions you book. SO INSANE :furious::furious::furious: They also made EPCOT a tiered system. What that means is that if you book Soarin', you can't book Test Track the same day. Plus you have to pick something that you would never pick. I'm sooo mad right now.

In other rumors, the Snow White Mine Train is said to be ready by May, so get ready! Also, Avatarland? I don't know much on it but sounds interesting.

Fastpass +: I recently completed a trip about a week and a half ago and it wasn't AS bad as I thought it would be. I've been to Disney countless numbers of times like many of you so I am used to the old FastPass system. Though the problems with the website and booking, the app for my phone was much easier and very accessible inside the park. The FastPass+ stations were helpful too. As for Epcot and the choose one ride, they do this so that everybody can have a chance to book. With only three main rides inside the park, imagine how fast the rides would be booked if they were all fair game.

Snow White Mine Train: Rumors are rumors. Soft opening should be right around the end of April. This includes the media day and staff preview. It will most likely be up and running by the middle of May

Avatarland: Not a bad idea, but not something I would have done. It will be pretty awesome because they have a few interesting things planned. Animal Kingdom will be open longer hours (finally), the trees will light up, and new and exciting attractions will most likely come in. This is something AK has needed for a while.

Carsland at Disney's Hollywood Studios: Due to the recent enhancements to the FastPass+ system as well as Avatarland and the expansion at Universal, this rumor will most likely stay a rumor.

Have a nice night! :)

I just returned on Saturday from a week at disney. I have to agree with the pp. Fastpass + was not as bad as I thought it would be. We would get to park at rope drop and ride 4 or 5 rides with little to no wait and then start using our fastpasses around 11:30. It worked great and had to problems. One morning we went to AK for EMH and rode everything we wanted before 11:00 ( including safari twice And Everest three times ) and saved our fastpasses for HS that evening . I wish they would allow extra fastpasses if you purchase a park hopper - but they have not finished testing , so who knows.

I just returned on Saturday from a week at disney. I have to agree with the pp. Fastpass + was not as bad as I thought it would be. We would get to park at rope drop and ride 4 or 5 rides with little to no wait and then start using our fastpasses around 11:30. It worked great and had to problems. One morning we went to AK for EMH and rode everything we wanted before 11:00 ( including safari twice And Everest three times ) and saved our fastpasses for HS that evening . I wish they would allow extra fastpasses if you purchase a park hopper - but they have not finished testing , so who knows.

Exactly. I think once the testing gets farther along in the process that things will change. My family is DVC/AP holders so we would definitely like to see a few extra perks, but we will see what goes on later on in the process.

My family and I love the fastpass+ because it's easy to use, and sinceI am hemiplegic I can use it like a room key too. Also if you are at the parks there is magic band accessories..

Ah, okay. That makes me feel a little better about it. Yes I would like to see perks for park hoppers or something but that's all for Disney to decide. Also, Carsland in HS would be insane! I'd love it. Thanks for the updates guys!

Ah, okay. That makes me feel a little better about it. Yes I would like to see perks for park hoppers or something but that's all for Disney to decide. Also, Carsland in HS would be insane! I'd love it. Thanks for the updates guys!
your welcome

Carsland is HS at this point in time is highly unlikely though. After Disney just spent millions of dollars on the new FP+ system, plus the new Avatarland coming in at AK, it's becoming more unlikely. Though there are new rumors saying that Lights Motors Action! might be changed to have a Cars influence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter