• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass+ advice--two little girls

Paigesmom2013

DIS Veteran
Planning our second trip for February and wanted a little advice about how to schedule our fastpasses. We'll be staying on property, but are not rope droppers. Girls 5 and 2.5. The older one will be 44 inches. Both love the princesses. 2 Days MK, 1 Epcot, 1 Studios, 1 AK. How does this sound?

Mk-A&E (hey I can dream), Enchanted Belle, Peter Pan. Is SDMT too scary for 5 year old?
MK--Pirates, BTMR, Tomorrowland Speedway
AK-Safaris, Festival of Lion King, Outpost Adventure M&G or Bug's Life?
DHS--Toy Story Mania, Disney Jr. Live, Beauty and beast or Muppets 3D?
Epcot--Character Spot, Nemo or Turtle talk? and Soarin' (for me and older girl)

In general, due to the young age of the kids, many of your fast pass selections are being used on low demand attractions. I'll give you my impressions of your choices.

MK: As for the A&E, due to your trip being so short, you'll have a reduced chance to hit these fastpasses, but it's not out of the question. SDMT should be fine for a five year old. Pirates & BTMR- can be a long waits w/o a fastpass. Enchanted Tales- definitely good to have one. Tomorrow Speedway- nice to have but not essential. If you do SDMT get a fastpass for it.
AK: Use a FP for Safari. Bug's life doesn't need one. Lion King is nice to have one for, but not essential by any means.
DHS: Toy Story Mania- YES you need a FP. Disney Junior and Muppets can be done with almost no wait without a FP.
Epcot: Character Spot- nice to have. Soarin'- YES you need a FP. Nemo and Turtle Talk- little wait even without a FP.

Hope that helps!

Best FP tip with kids this age is to use child swaps. Fp for 2, and then up to 3 people can ride again. for example, I fp splash mtn and ride myself , get the pass and my husband and kids can ride. Then fp btmrr and do the same thing, only using one FP each. You double the time it takes you to do an attraction but also can do more fp. It only works on rides with height restrictions. That said

MK - a&e or Cinderella, my daughter was equally excited to meet those. Definitely SDMT. Enchanted tales with belle also good choice as is Peter Pan, Pirates and btmrr. My daughter found btmrr scarier than 7dmt.

aK- safari. We don't skip the Kali river Rapids but it depends On your kid. Didn't need it for lion king but it was nice to have. She may be tall enough for Everest but if you don't want to ride it's nice to have for the Outpost too.

Hs- toy story. Nothing else needs one if you aren't doing tower of terror (which practically ruined the trip for two of my kids at 4/5 so I highly recommend against it) if the frozen sing a long thing is on, that was a nice fp to have

Ep- we split this one and did test track and soarin thanks to child swap. Test track has a great play area for the 2.5 yr old at the end of it. Soarin has living with the land beside it, which my 2 yr old loved. My kids really wanted to do the space ship earth ride, which had long lines. Nemo and crush were good too

Thanks for the tips. I forgot about Frozen singalong at the Studios, assuming it's still going. I just want to make sure we have fastpasses that matter to the kids. I've heard standby lines have gotten longer. The longest we waited for anything two years ago was 30 minutes for Buzz and Woody. It was nice with the paper fastpass to get a bonus one. And then some stranger gave us hers when she couldn't use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter