Fastest Method to get from MCO to WL resort?

bfrosty

Mouseketeer
What's the fastest method to get from MCO to Wilderness Lodge Resort?
1) DME
2) FLTOUR Town Car
3) Taxi
4) Rental Car
5) Other????

Thanks, leaving in two days!!!
Bfrosty;)

What's the fastest method to get from MCO to Wilderness Lodge Resort?
1) DME
2) FLTOUR Town Car
3) Taxi
4) Rental Car
5) Other????

Thanks, leaving in two days!!!
Bfrosty;)

Well, if you have checked bags DME using the luggage transfer service is going to be close to a wash with the town car or taxi because the extra time you have to spend collecting your bags wipes out most of the time savings. If you have only carry-on bags then the town car or taxi will be fastest by 30-40 minutes in most cases.

Thanks friends...

We land at 9:20pm and I just found out MK is open till 1am. Hopefully, we can get to the hotel/checkin and be on the boat about 11pm???

Magical Express is great, used it everytime in the past....but it just seems to take forever because they make stop at GF and New Orleans first.

Or...How do they decide the route to take? Is it by how many passengers are going to each resort? I always wondered that.

Thanks,
Bfrosty

bfrosty said:
Thanks friends...

We land at 9:20pm and I just found out MK is open till 1am. Hopefully, we can get to the hotel/checkin and be on the boat about 11pm???

Magical Express is great, used it everytime in the past....but it just seems to take forever because they make stop at GF and New Orleans first.

Or...How do they decide the route to take? Is it by how many passengers are going to each resort? I always wondered that.

Thanks,
Bfrosty

It depends on who is arriving and where they need to go.

A car service will take 60 mins, with checked bags, 45 with carryon only.
If you land at 9:20, you'll be off the plane by 9:35ish. It usually takes 15 mins to get to the gate and off the plane. Then, about 5-10 mins to baggage claim, 15-20 mins to get the bags, then 5 mins down to ground transportation and your car service. Drive to WL....25-30 mins.
It will take about 15 or so mins to get checked in. If you drop your stuff in your room, add another 20 mins. Then boat over to MK...30 mins including wait times.

Thanks friends...

Thanks,
Bfrosty

Why not get the car rental, pre check in the resortl online the day before, then drive right to the park, if you really want to be there fast. You can get the room keys after you get to the resort later that night. Otherwise, night sure you will really have that much time getting from the parking, tram, the monorail in, ticket line security, then finally in.
You can pick the tickets up at the will call window if you don't already have them. I think they till do that.
But, it's not likely you would make any kind of rope drop the next morning.

Why not get the car rental, pre check in the resortl online the day before, then drive right to the park, if you really want to be there fast. You can get the room keys after you get to the resort later that night. Otherwise, night sure you will really have that much time getting from the parking, tram, the monorail in, ticket line security, then finally in. You can pick the tickets up at the will call window if you don't already have them. I think they till do that. But, it's not likely you would make any kind of rope drop the next morning.

And now with Magic Bands, you'll already have your tickets, assuming you bought a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter