Fast passes soooon?

For the people who like to plan the WDW Fastpass system is really nice, especially during the cold winters. My wife and daughters plan out our whole trip, and have a great time doing it.

I hope we go to Max Pass or no fast pass at all. Rides move much better without the interuption.

At $15 per day or less I agree but you know what will happen. $15 will soon become $50 and then .....
I think 15$ is to low because everyone would buy it. Whats another 300$ for a family of 4 when you jsut spent 4k+ on the trip. 35$ a day per person I think would make it limited enough but also not a huge waste of money

We tend to go for 14 days at a time, so we can do a good chunk at.once, but then one day at a time.....but with Disneyland system, you wouldn't wake up at the crack of dawn ever.....you open the app, get a FP throughout the day, you can't get the next.one until you used your first one. FPs don't generally sell out until a couple of hours before park closing at the earliest. There are exceptions there, but rare and really never before around 2 or 3 PM in those rare cases.

Seriously, I'd you haven't been to Disneyland, go sometime after they bring FP and Maxpass back, you will see how much better the system is. You can't even book a FP until you enter a park and then, only one at a time. It is nice, FPs available all day, every day. No fighting to get a hard to get FP. No preplanning every minute of the day.

DLR has almost the same number of attractions among two parks than in the 4 parks at WDW. There is the concrete possibility that a Maxpass system at WDW might be a nightmare. All parks except MK would serieously have problems with Maxpass because they don't have many attractions (that people want a FP for). The common scenario would be to be able to book one headliner for late in the day and by the time the window opens to book a second, you're left with shows and attractions that no one cares for.

hoping fastpass+ returns as a resort perk and pay for people staying off site-like Universal. Otherwise, what is the point of staying on property?
As someone who purchased into DVC right before the shutdown and have yet to be able to use any of my points, I have been asking this a lot. In the years before the pandemic I would stay offsite and envy those who were able to take advantage of the staying onsite perks. Extra magic hours, earlier booking dates for fastpasses, and even the free magicband was exciting to me! I know you don't buy DVC for the perks, but I've been really bummed to read that previous onsite resort perks are unlikely to ever come back like they were :(

As someone who purchased into DVC right before the shutdown and have yet to be able to use any of my points, I have been asking this a lot. In the years before the pandemic I would stay offsite and envy those who were able to take advantage of the staying onsite perks. Extra magic hours, earlier booking dates for fastpasses, and even the free magicband was exciting to me! I know you don't buy DVC for the perks, but I've been really bummed to read that previous onsite resort perks are unlikely to ever come back like they were :(
yes, a bummer. I have been using fastpass since I bought DVC. It made trips bearable with a 2-12 year old. wasn't so bad earlier in the year when park capacity was way down, but when they start letting bigger crowds in will be much more noticeable. Disney charges really high rates for hotels, there should be some sort of perk. DVC too

yes, a bummer. I have been using fastpass since I bought DVC. It made trips bearable with a 2-12 year old. wasn't so bad earlier in the year when park capacity was way down, but when they start letting bigger crowds in will be much more noticeable. Disney charges really high rates for hotels, there should be some sort of perk. DVC too

I agree. We purchased last August and have been 2 times since then and crowds were very different both trips. We are not staying on property when we're down next week since DVC doesnt allow dogs and the resorts that do are just crazy $$$ compared to other nice places in the area. Only perk we though of was "not driving" but it was not worth the money saving

Umm, no, but without FP, 90 minutes is highly unusual, even for the most popular rides. In fact if you do it right you can do an entire trip without waiting more than about 30 minutes for any attraction without FP.

We'll see how that works when Disney opens up to full capacity, and then begins their 50 year celebration in October....

We'll see how that works when Disney opens up to full capacity, and then begins their 50 year celebration in October....
As more capacity becomes available, that means more attractions, shows, etc. are available to spread out crowds, so it should work quite well, just as it did before FP was ever a thing in the first place.

Personally if fastpass comes back I hope it is more like max Pass or Express pass. Some sort of extra based on resorts or for a fee. Fastpass causes backups in the standby line, and when the paper fastpasses existed i don't remember that ever happening. They could easily do a you get 3 at a value, 6 at a moderate, 9 at a deluxe, xyz amount for this price-add it to the park hopper and more option as well.

If Disney doesn't bring something back for the benefit of On Site guests, I think they will start to see a drop in reservations. Makes no sense with the crazy prices they charge and get nothing in return for staying on site.

I am a die hard fast pass planner but I LOVED my last no fast pass stay. I was super relaxed and had lots of energy. I think it helped I knew my exact favorites and what was worth skipping. We found 3 rides we had never been in the past trips bc we weren’t rushing around. It was great!! The waits were not that long at all. I mean it certainly wasn’t like it was over 5 years ago before the masses headed to the parks trying to game the fast pass system!

It will be interesting to see the future of FP. I’ve been to Disney twice in the past year (Aug. & Dec. 2020) and I really enjoyed not having FP. Of course, in August capacity was only 25% and we never waited more than 25 minutes for anything at any park. December wasn’t much different even with a few of the parks at capacity. I think the longest wait was about 35 minutes. We’ll be back in August, so we’ll see what the parks are like then. Right now, I like the absence of FP. And as other posters have mentioned, I would not be surprised to see them back in the future in an altered form and for a cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter