• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

fast pass +

just received my testing invite yesterday staying at BWV oct 10. For my touring style, this is great. We don't get up early, so the afternoon fpp are perfect.

Tired of missing out on fp because of relaxing on vacation.

i hear you dave...

but am i alone in having NO DESIRE to preschedule rides months in advance?

I just don't....none.
Got a trip coming up in November...first one outside of a DVC in 6 years...and i'm not sure what the deal is with the bands...they may show up and i suppose i'll fall in line.
But i just don't want to have appointments on vacation...the food is bad enough...i can tell you i'll be mr. grumpus about rides.

its all so bizarre/silly. and i know if i participate I'm eventually contributing to a reduction in staff/wages in an area that can ill afford it. that really pees me off.

i hear you dave...

but am i alone in having NO DESIRE to preschedule rides months in advance?

I just don't....none.
Got a trip coming up in November...first one outside of a DVC in 6 years...and i'm not sure what the deal is with the bands...they may show up and i suppose i'll fall in line.
But i just don't want to have appointments on vacation...the food is bad enough...i can tell you i'll be mr. grumpus about rides.

its all so bizarre/silly. and i know if i participate I'm eventually contributing to a reduction in staff/wages in an area that can ill afford it. that really pees me off.

Originally I thought similarly. After giving it some thought, I realized that we do very similar things every time we visit. Since we go three to four times a year for 3 to 5 nights at a time, it becomes quite easy to find a pattern.

The biggest determining factor is where we stay. I think I hate buses more than you do.

Originally I thought similarly. After giving it some thought, I realized that we do very similar things every time we visit. Since we go three to four times a year for 3 to 5 nights at a time, it becomes quite easy to find a pattern.

The biggest determining factor is where we stay. I think I hate buses more than you do.

We're in the same boat.. But to be honest...why the hell am I spending so much to be "locked in" to my pattern?

So they can pinch overhead and herd me...that's why.
In a surprising development...I'm a tad "prickly" Bout that

But I've basically eliminated the buses as well. We rotate between akv, bay lake, beach and boardwalk mostly... And rent now anyway.

Just no patience for the buses anymore... It's worth $150 a week to keep off them. Especially since we travel in the lesser crowds... Where the buses tend to be just as slow if not slower

We're in the same boat.. But to be honest...why the hell am I spending so much to be "locked in" to my pattern?

So they can pinch overhead and herd me...that's why.
In a surprising development...I'm a tad "prickly" Bout that

But I've basically eliminated the buses as well. We rotate between akv, bay lake, beach and boardwalk mostly... And rent now anyway.

Just no patience for the buses anymore... It's worth $150 a week to keep off them. Especially since we travel in the lesser crowds... Where the buses tend to be just as slow if not slower

Yup-- I think I took my last bus ride over labor day. For something to do, we got on a bus from MK to SSR to walk to downtown. bus went to waterpark, waited about 15 min, went to ssr, we got off at congress to find that the walking trail is closed. Walked to boat launch and waited for boat. It took about an hour and a half to get to down town from MK. Not to mention the bus was empty except for one other family the whole way to ssr-- with an over tired child who screamed the whole way. then at first ssr stop they got off-- to be replaced by a father and 2 teenage daughters who had gotten separated from the wife/mother, and the one daughter was screaming at the father and calling him names for the mistake. it was lovely.

There is nothing for me at DTD that is worth the bus.

Yup-- I think I took my last bus ride over labor day. For something to do, we got on a bus from MK to SSR to walk to downtown. bus went to waterpark, waited about 15 min, went to ssr, we got off at congress to find that the walking trail is closed. Walked to boat launch and waited for boat. It took about an hour and a half to get to down town from MK. Not to mention the bus was empty except for one other family the whole way to ssr-- with an over tired child who screamed the whole way. then at first ssr stop they got off-- to be replaced by a father and 2 teenage daughters who had gotten separated from the wife/mother, and the one daughter was screaming at the father and calling him names for the mistake. it was lovely.

There is nothing for me at DTD that is worth the bus.

Really sorry, Dave...

you have experienced...what i can only assume...is MY out of body experience:banana:

ok...jeez...now i've decided to let "FP+" start to eat away at my brain...

Two questions:
1. I assume its not restricted to only the bands...as in my six month old smart chip card for my DVC annual pass will allow me to book and access the FP should i get in the system by our trip? I don't want the band yet...ive got one just turned 4 and one about to turn 6...so juggling plastic cards are better than juggling featherweight rubber bands at this point.
2. How would i hypothetically know if i can use this thing? is it an email heads up or ...back to the first question...something that is only known if you get the bands in the mail?

Just curious...even though i'm at my waterloo moment with aggrivation here...no turning back.

How can you tell if you are FP+? We are going Oct 23 and I wanted to bounce plans around in my head for fast passes. Thanks!

We are going October 16th. We have magic bands and fast pass +. If you are going anywhere in the front 1/2 of October then it should say personalize magic bands on MDE. If not I would think this means you are not testing. We are staying at Caribbean.

Two questions:
1. I assume its not restricted to only the bands...as in my six month old smart chip card for my DVC annual pass will allow me to book and access the FP should i get in the system by our trip? I don't want the band yet...ive got one just turned 4 and one about to turn 6...so juggling plastic cards are better than juggling featherweight rubber bands at this point.
2. How would i hypothetically know if i can use this thing? is it an email heads up or ...back to the first question...something that is only known if you get the bands in the mail?

Just curious...even though i'm at my waterloo moment with aggrivation here...no turning back.

We did not receive ANY kind of heads up. In fact, if I had not signed in the other day I would not have been able to personalize them because they wanted them personalized by tomorrow which is exactly 30 days. I know others were claiming they were notified but I was not. It just appeared on my personal MDE site.

Us too. I just happened to get on the MDE app and click the Magicbands, it said I had 4 days to personalize.

Two questions:

The annual pass works for everything (fairly sure) except for the things that operate by a proximity reader ( having your kids addressed by name). I don't think these things are active yet.

I also happened to go on MDE and saw that there was a prompt available for schedule FPP, however, the next day I received an email informing about being selected for testing.

We arrive at BWV around 6 on thursday-- scheduled fpp for tt, soarin, and ms by closing. Planned epcot late afternoon for friday since we are there for food and wine, soarin, tt and priority seating for Illuminations. Leaves morning open for MK or HS. Saturday we check out so scheduled Studios mid morning to afternoon on TSM, RRC, TOT, and switched 2 TOT for BATB since DW and DD don't like TOT. Told the kids they can change any of theirs to wherever they want to go. They are 20, 17, and 13. It was easy. The cool thing is during testing we can double dip and still use regular fp. A short trip, but I don't have to worry about not doing any attractions because of being in relax mode. And if my schedule changes, then I will just skip the fpp's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter