Fast Pass Usage Reports-started 9/5/11

I wish they gave out fast passes for the soda fountains because I would come back after the window, fill a gallon jug for free since Disney doesn't pay for Coke products, and then I'd drink my huge soda while driving my ECV (since I'm lazy) to go pool hopping with my 4 year old (who I tell Disney is 2 so I don't have to pay for her). :cloud9:

I'm with poohSticks, I use FP when it's convenient for me to use them.

I soooooo hope they do not change the. *policy* ;)

The reason for your voluminous posting about this is that you were somehow upset that a guest would respond "that it has never been that way before."

If a guest wants to interact with a CM in that regard, that's perfectly OK.

Just be sure and not post that you did that here on the boards. ;)

If Disney were to at some point, make it abundantly CLEAR that they were no longer going to accept late FP returns, would it be acceptable to confront a CM, and question him about the policy? Would it be acceptable to spill a sob story, that to the CM, may or may not be true?

CMs are not always right. They make mistakes. In January I had a CM tell me that my fastpass was no good. It happened at Splash Mountain during EMH. I said I thought you accepted late fastpasses? She looked at my fastpass again and apologized, saying that she didn't see that the time was a.m not p.m.

I was at the parks this past Saturday and Sunday.. I used my fast pass late a few times, and was never turned away.. I was running behind half the night on Saturday night..

The over/under for this thread is 12. Place you bets.

All hail the lord and master of the flatulence grenade. :worship: :worship:

Give me the over. hookedonears found the thread. :)

I will say this: The number of independently sourced reports of CMs at the kiosks "letting people know" that late FPs will not be honored is on the increase. No idea why this is - as mentioned by Robo, nothing has been sent out in general to the CMs. And interestingly, despite these reports, we have NOT seen an increase of reports of people actually being refused. There is some sort of disconnect.

It is still conceivable that these are spot tests at the various attractions to see what the incidence of late FPs is if they are attempting to advertise a change. I don't know this for certain, other than for an early report that they were asking at one attraction why people were late but still accepting them.

I will say this: The number of independently sourced reports of CMs at the kiosks "letting people know" that late FPs will not be honored is on the increase. No idea why this is - as mentioned by Robo, nothing has been sent out in general to the CMs. And interestingly, despite these reports, we have NOT seen an increase of reports of people actually being refused. There is some sort of disconnect.

It is still conceivable that these are spot tests at the various attractions to see what the incidence of late FPs is if they are attempting to advertise a change. I don't know this for certain, other than for an early report that they were asking at one attraction why people were late but still accepting them.

True dat.

I wish they gave out fast passes for the soda fountains because I would come back after the window, fill a gallon jug for free since Disney doesn't pay for Coke products, and then I'd drink my huge soda while driving my ECV (since I'm lazy) to go pool hopping with my 4 year old (who I tell Disney is 2 so I don't have to pay for her). :cloud9:
There are a few flaws with your comparisons.
1. Disney doesn't make gallon jugs for the beverage stations.
2. Pool hopping is only allowed for DVC members.
3. Children 3 and over must buy admissions.

However feel free to be lazy, drive an ECV, or use Fastpasses late. None of those things are against the rules.

:rotfl2:

I was just there and used late FPs pretty much the entire week and didn't receive one of these warnings. That's anecdotal, of course, but it also shows that these warnings are at least not being given at all times or on all attractions.

In some cases, as always, I used them so late it didn't matter as a number of the attractions had virtually no lines on either side at the end of the evening. But that's always the risk you take when you get an FP for an attraction and know you may not use it until much later.

If Disney were to at some point, make it abundantly CLEAR that they were no longer going to accept late FP returns, would it be acceptable to confront a CM, and question him about the policy? Would it be acceptable to spill a sob story, that to the CM, may or may not be true?

What control do I have over what someone else says to a CM?

I thought discussion on how to "skirt the rules" was not allowed on the board? The FP policy to return within the window of time on the ticket is technically a rule. Discussion of how to "get around this" should not be allowed.

It sickens me that this is an acceptable practice by ADULTS on this board. What is this teaching your children? Where does it end? Oh, I know the express lane is for 20 items or less and I have 30, but the regular line is SO LONG.... Yes, I know my Dr appointment was for 2:30 and now its 4:00, but it didn't fit into my schedule...

There is no difference in any of these examples. Way to teach your children that the rules only apply when you feel they should! Whatever happened to being responsible?

The over/under for this thread is 12. Place you bets.

All hail the lord and master of the flatulence grenade. :worship: :worship:

Awwww shucks. And here I thought you'd forgotten all about me! And I dub you "Wade 9 Fingers" or would you prefer "Wadey Bag o' Doughnuts, King of the DISBoard Oddsmakers"?

However feel free to be lazy, drive an ECV, or use Fastpasses late. None of those things are against the rules.

If they offer this as an option in the WS for beer, especially at the German Pavillion, I would cut lines, use late FPs, and run over people with my ECV. No offense folks, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...:drinking1

I thought discussion on how to "skirt the rules" was not allowed on the board? The FP policy to return within the window of time on the ticket is technically a rule. Discussion of how to "get around this" should not be allowed.

It sickens me that this is an acceptable practice by ADULTS on this board. What is this teaching your children? Where does it end? Oh, I know the express lane is for 20 items or less and I have 30, but the regular line is SO LONG.... Yes, I know my Dr appointment was for 2:30 and now its 4:00, but it didn't fit into my schedule...

There is no difference in any of these examples. Way to teach your children that the rules only apply when you feel they should! Whatever happened to being responsible?

Except the company ALLOWS this. This is not skirting a rule. If they allow it, then that is the de facto rule.

This is not a discussion on skirting the rules, and therefore is not against DIS rules. Disney sets the rules, and their rule, currently and for many years, is to allow the use of a FP after the window of time on the ticket on the same day of issuance, without question, unless certain pre-defined situations dictate otherwise and then only at the direction of the attraction manager. In fact, using them late is even within the language printed on the back of each and every machine-issued Fastpass.

This is a discussion as to whether they are planning on changing the rules.

I wasn't making comparisons. I was being rediculous because this thread is filled with absurdity. Your post is the mightiest in that department.

I love how this is your 5th post and you know the rules of this forum. Stop taking life so seriously.

Even when most attraction CMs under the employ of Disney say otherwise? Huh.

This is a discussion as to whether they are planning on changing the rules.

Technically, it started as a information thread to post if we heard or didn't hear it from a CM. LaurenT posted something, I made a post with a statement, someone else had an opinion, and then it rapidly depleted to what we currently have.

My apologies if I am the culprit. If not, then carry on please.

I wasn't making comparisons. I was being rediculous because this thread is filled with absurdity. Your post is the mightiest in that department.

That's like saying the park is full of guests... :) These threads devolve into absurdity fast lately because they just...keep...coming...

I think I'll set the over/under of future "Hey, about using FPs late..." thread devolving into absurdity at 3.

Just Back from Sept 3rd thru the 6th used hours late fastpass at Splash, Big Thunder, Space, star tours, tower of terror, safari, Everest, and rock n roll no questions no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter