Fast Pass tricks learned on current trip.

Accident

DIS Veteran
It's been a year since last here and we're seeing some nice improvements to the system but stumbled on some great new tricks in case your here now or coming soon while they still work.

Just in case some of these are specific to our setup, it's a father/daughter trip and we each have an MDE account and linked. I'm the account that has all the payments and my daughter is allowed to make changes to my setup (ADR and Fastpasses). We are both AP holders.

New Improvement and old trick that no longer works:

You now get emailed, push alerts from the app and easy to see updates when a ride is temporarily closed for any reason. your fast pass turns into a use the anytime the rest of the day at similar thrill level rides. This was great and much better than you could use your fastpass anytime the rest of the day but only at the same ride. The trick that no longer works is last year when a ride broke, anyone with a fastpass that day could use it at anytime, including early (or every CM was nice to us when we tried). You also had to know the ride broke, now it just tells you even if you missed your fp :)

New Trick:

get a fastpass for any temporarily closed ride, once it's crosses into FP time, it turns into a use the rest of the day at similar experience rides and you can still get more. In fact you can get more for temporarily closed rides and pickup fast passes for rides you can't get a FP for. :)

New trick to get more fastpasses.

This one is probably risky but my daughter changed her FP to a new ride, however in my account it showed I had both her time and ride and my different time and a different ride. Just to see what happened, I went up to the FP line, tapped my band and it went green and I got a ride. We never tried the opposite with our original ride that I still had but we're 99% sure it wouldn't work as it didn't show it in her app. To be clear, it didn't show in the my plans section but if I went to the change a single fp option, it showed her FP and included me in the list to change it to something else. No changes were made to include me in the current time. Again we didn't need it since everything was a walk on but found it interesting. It wouldn't work to get everyone in your group a new FP but for the MDE account holder that paid, it's an interesting bonus.

PS - we're still here for a few more days if any Diser's want to meet up.

Last edited:
Question about the use anytime rides - are certain rides excluded? I'm assuming 7DMT, A&E, and TSMM would be. I would love to utilize this for TSMM since it's the only ride DS can go on at DHS.

Question about the use anytime rides - are certain rides excluded? I'm assuming 7DMT, A&E, and TSMM would be. I would love to utilize this for TSMM since it's the only ride DS can go on at DHS.

Probably only works if you already had a TSMM fast pass that turned into your "any ride any time" fast pass. We had two of the "any ride any time" fast passes on our last trip - one was a result of space mountain (I think) and notably excluded 7DMT and the other was a physical paper return ticket for Rockn Roller Coaster (evacuated the building while we were the NEXT to get on!) and that FP excluded TSMM.

It was splash that it happened for me and I don't remember the exact list of other rides but I was happen with all the alternatives I could use. 7DMT was not one of them but I would expect if it was 7DMT that was down it would be that + others now but I can't confirm that.

Are there any attractions that are 'disconnected' from the rest of the system, like in DLR, and pre-FP+?

Generally the replacements are for similar or lower level attractions.

7D only recovers 7D meaning that you will never have the option to use an anytime FP at 7D unless it was 7D that broke down.
I'm not sure about TSMM, but I'm sure it's the same type of thing.

Going back through my emails to see what sort of recoveries are available:
Test Track:
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
The Seas with Nemo & Friends®
Living with the Land
Spaceship Earth
Mission: SPACE®
Test Track®

RNRC:
Muppet*Vision 3D
Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
Voyage of The Little Mermaid
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith
Star Tours® – The Adventures Continue
Lights, Motors, Action!® Extreme Stunt Show®
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™

Haunted Mansion:
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion®
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
"it's a small world"®
Pirates of the Caribbean®
Mickey's PhilharMagic®
Jungle Cruise®

POTC: (This one sadly works really well with the new trick posted above - I will often book as a 4th+ pass it with the understanding that I will probably get a free FP out of it)
"it's a small world"®
Mickey's PhilharMagic®
Jungle Cruise®
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Haunted Mansion®

Space Mountain:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor®
Splash Mountain®
Tomorrowland Speedway
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin®
Haunted Mansion®
Space Mountain®

Under the Sea - Little Mermaid:
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Dumbo the Flying Elephant®
"it's a small world"®
The Barnstormer
Mad Tea Party
Mickey's PhilharMagic®
Peter Pan's Flight®

Those are just the ones I have in a few most recent ones, but they give you an idea as to what can be recovered

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter