Fast Pass+ TESTER strategy!!

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Wow, I am so glad we got in just under the wire and did our Epcot days earlier in the week. We rode Soarin so much we actually got sick of it and gave some FPasses away.

I'd recommend anyone who is a Magic Band tester to:
- pick Test Track as a FP+ ride ASAP -- don't wait for times to get gobbled up.

- Then get to Epcot at rope drop, of course , and hightail it over to Test Track and pull a regular Fast Pass. You should get one early enough that you can pull another one soon.

- Ride Soarin stand by then go pull a Soarin Fast Pass.

The above will enable you to ride both rides twice in a day!

And people wonder why Disney is looking at FP+ to give more guests a chance to enjoy major attractions ONCE.

I know, right? The NERVE of people to ride things with FP twice. :rolleyes:

Daughter: Daddy let's ride that again! It's my favorite ride and we can fastpass it if we get one right now...

Daddy: No, honey, we really need to let all these other people ride it instead.

:confused3

:)

Mefordis, good strategy! We did something similar on our last trip.

I know, right? The NERVE of people to ride things with FP twice. :rolleyes:

Certainly no difference between twice and "so many times we got sick of it".

I'm not saying that anyone did anything wrong. People have a right to take maximum advantage of the system to their personal advantage. But a company that is trying to make the experience enjoyable for more people also has the right to adjust the system.

The people who learned that they could hoard FPs to use later in the day forced the change to strict enforcement of return times, and now those hoarders are crying about the change. This is a variation on the same thing.

If making FP+ available to guests means that some people will only be able to do an attraction twice a day instead of so many times that they got sick of it, to me that's a positive.

Daughter: Daddy let's ride that again! It's my favorite ride and we can fastpass it if we get one right now...

Daddy: No, honey, we really need to let all these other people ride it instead.

:confused3

:)

Mefordis, good strategy! We did something similar on our last trip.

Deleted.

The people who learned that they could hoard FPs to use later in the day forced the change to strict enforcement of return times, and now those hoarders are crying about the change. This is a variation on the same thing.

Disney's motivation behind enforcement was a hotly-debated topic for a long time, but I think in hindsight it is clear their motivation was not due to "hoarding", but as a necessary precursor to FP+. There was plenty of opportunity to control hoarding long before FP+ was a twinkle in some suit's eye.

Disney's motivation behind enforcement was a hotly-debated topic for a long time, but I think in hindsight it is clear their motivation was not due to "hoarding", but as a necessary precursor to FP+. There was plenty of opportunity to control hoarding long before FP+ was a twinkle in some suit's eye.

That is a theory, but not necessarily the correct one.

Either way, I find it humorous that adults would whine about actually having to play by the stated rules just because they weren't enforced before.

Either way, I find it humorous that adults would whine about actually having to play by the stated rules just because they weren't enforced before.

I'm pretty sure some will also find humor in complaints about how many rides someone else might or might not get.

As an adult hoarder, I "cried" and "whined" about enforcement no more than you have in this thread about others getting multiple FPs for the same ride.

I won't debate again what the "rules" for FP before March 2012--that ship has long since sailed and there is no point.

As for my theory, it makes a crap-ton more sense than any other.

And people wonder why Disney is looking at FP+ to give more guests a chance to enjoy major attractions ONCE.

I know others are poking fun...but seriously, you see the same people (not OP) who complain about how quickly FP- are drained, how long stand-by lines are...and then talk about using old tickets/KTTW and FP+ to pull a stack of FPs, KWIM? We are part of the problem...it isn't all Disney's fault.

Right now, Disney has made it pretty much required for many groups to use both FP and FP+. I have FP+ and bands from our last trip but we have some others in our party who don't. So we're using the FP+ for ourselves when we're on our own and regular FP when we're in the larger group.

Don't see much choice as I'm not foregoing the FP+ in light of what they've done with the paper fast pass availability and making it impossible to ride some rides without getting there right at rope drop and not giving up regular FP since that's our only way to use FP with the larger group.

When they finalize the system, I'll deal with whatever they make it but for now, I'll take whatever they're giving me.

As an adult hoarder, I "cried" and "whined" about enforcement no more than you have in this thread about others getting multiple FPs for the same ride.

I won't debate again what the "rules" for FP before March 2012--that ship has long since sailed and there is no point.

As for my theory, it makes a crap-ton more sense than any other.

You obviously completely misunderstood the point of my original comment and my follow up explanation (which I thought was pretty clear).

I am not whining about the OP or anyone else getting multiple FPs for the same ride. I am just pointing out that the fact that this can be done is a reason why Disney might want to adopt a system that allows more people to enjoy popular attractions.

Right now, Disney has made it pretty much required for many groups to use both FP and FP+. I have FP+ and bands from our last trip but we have some others in our party who don't. So we're using the FP+ for ourselves when we're on our own and regular FP when we're in the larger group.

Don't see much choice as I'm not foregoing the FP+ in light of what they've done with the paper fast pass availability and making it impossible to ride some rides without getting there right at rope drop and not giving up regular FP since that's our only way to use FP with the larger group.

When they finalize the system, I'll deal with whatever they make it but for now, I'll take whatever they're giving me.

Agreed. It is uber complicated when it comes to larger groups. My CM cousin often joins in for a day of our fun. Won't work with FP+. Wondering how that will ever work for CMs.

Agreed. It is uber complicated when it comes to larger groups. My CM cousin often joins in for a day of our fun. Won't work with FP+. Wondering how that will ever work for CMs.

I'll be dealing with that this week when we go to visit our CM daughter. My wife and I are eligible for FP+, but we probably won't use them because our daughter wouldn't be able to ride with us.

I'm guessing that eventually they will allow CMs to attach a ticket to a MB to use when they are touring with family members. But, I'm not surprised or upset that that is pretty low on the priority list. We have visited WDW enough over the years that we aren't going to care if we have to skip an attraction this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter