• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fast Pass for Journey of the Little Mermaid

As an aside, LM probably isn't a great use of a FP if there are other FP attractions you're also interested in seeing. It loads continuously, like Haunted Mansion, and the queue, which is really well done, moves very quickly.

I had thought LM would be easy to ride, like it is in DLR. But all reports are that the ride is swamped. Even though its a huge people eater, everybody wants to try it out and so everybody and their best friend 3 states away are in line for it. We had hoped for 2 rides on it, but might have to just do with one ride.

Hopefully Barnstormer is disconnected when I'm there next week. We want to do it since we haven't been on the new, re-themed version. But I won't waste a FP on it nor do I want to wait for it.

I had thought LM would be easy to ride, like it is in DLR. But all reports are that the ride is swamped. Even though its a huge people eater, everybody wants to try it out and so everybody and their best friend 3 states away are in line for it. We had hoped for 2 rides on it, but might have to just do with one ride.

Hopefully Barnstormer is disconnected when I'm there next week. We want to do it since we haven't been on the new, re-themed version. But I won't waste a FP on it nor do I want to wait for it.

Try getting one immediately after you get a FP for something else. Can't hurt.

1. Are there cast members manning fast pass stations?

2. Do I risk being chastised for trying to get multiple fast passes ?:confused3

1. Yes.

2. No.

A few weeks ago I asked the CM manning the Mickey M&G if it was still disconnected. She winked at me and said yes.

1. Yes.

2. No.

A few weeks ago I asked the CM manning the Mickey M&G if it was still disconnected. She winked at me and said yes.

Such great information! Thank you so much. OK hopefully last question- which fast pass stations are located by Mickeys Philharmagic. It sounds like a lot? Unless I am misunderstanding.

It's brand new at the MK and the first new ride in the park in some time. LOTS of newer stuff at DLR these days. So don't go in expecting the walk-on like they have at DLR. Even if it IS the exact same ride. And this one seems to be down A LOT, complicating things even further.

Such great information! Thank you so much. OK hopefully last question- which fast pass stations are located by Mickeys Philharmagic. It sounds like a lot? Unless I am misunderstanding.

Little Mermaid, Pooh, and PhilharMagic.

PhilharMagic FPs are not always available, depending on crowds. Disney has them turned off most of the time as a FP for it is usually not needed.

Good question. I *think* the time at the bottom-center of these FPs (the one that tells you when you can get the next one) shows a current time (allowing another immediately), but I don't recall ever looking....
Thanks much. Having a new experience in a few weeks with 6 and 3 year old grandsons. I don't usually have to concern myself with such things, but I have to learn some things all over again.

We were there during President's week. DS LOVED this one, we rode about 12 times in 4 MK days. We never needed a FB. Line was a continuous load & topped out at about 30 minutes in the height of the day, even if posted otherwise. We walked on more than once, especially later in the day.

Thanks much. Having a new experience in a few weeks with 6 and 3 year old grandsons. I don't usually have to concern myself with such things, but I have to learn some things all over again.

Adding to the strategy, secure first those fast passes that are sure connected to the system, and then go for the disconnected ones. That's what we did last week and we ended up with 4 sets of fast passes simultaneously.

Right after ETWB we got a FP for Peter Pan, which window was due after an hour (for being early morning), when the time was up, we ran for Pooh fast passes, and then went for Dumbo and Barnstormer FastPasses.

Only then we rode everything.

If you time it well, you'll end up walking into 4 attractions without rushing.

And if by any chance, Barnstormer is connected, well, nothing's lost.

Hope it helps.

Mx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter