• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fast Pass for Journey of the Little Mermaid

MelissaMakesCakes

Earning My Ears
I heard that The Fast Pass for Journey of the Little Mermaid is not located at the attraction but over by Mickeys Philharmagic. Is that true and are other fast passes given out there at the same time. Can you collect more than one of the fast passes for other attractions that are distributed there?
In general before getting a second fast pass does the start time of the previous fast pass have to have passed or the end time? I hope that question makes sense. I dont know how else to word it.

MelissaMakesCakes said:
1. I heard that The Fast Pass for Journey of the Little Mermaid is not located at the attraction but over by Mickeys Philharmagic. Is that true

2. and are other fast passes given out there at the same time.

3. Can you collect more than one of the fast passes for other attractions that are distributed there?

4. In general before getting a second fast pass does the start time of the previous fast pass have to have passed or the end time?

I hope that question makes sense. I dont know how else to word it.

1. Yes.

2. & 3. Two other attractions also have kiosks here, but you cannot get FPs for all of them at the same time.

4. You can get another FP at the beginning of the window of your current FP or two hours from the time you got your current FP, whichever is earlier. This time is printed on your current FP in the bottom center.

Yes, it's by Philharmagic and you can not get any other Fastpasses when you get the Little Mermaid one.

1. Yes.

2. & 3. Two other attractions also have kiosks here, but you cannot get FPs for all of them at the same time.

4. You can get another FP at the beginning of the window of your current FP or two hours from the time you got your current FP, whichever is earlier. This time is printed on your current FP in the bottom center.

Thank you. That was very helpful

As an aside, LM probably isn't a great use of a FP if there are other FP attractions you're also interested in seeing. It loads continuously, like Haunted Mansion, and the queue, which is really well done, moves very quickly.

jrtoastyman said:
As an aside, LM probably isn't a great use of a FP if there are other FP attractions you're also interested in seeing. It loads continuously, like Haunted Mansion, and the queue, which is really well done, moves very quickly.

Last week, we regularly saw waits of 60-90 minutes. We did FP.

TLSnell1981 said:
Honestly, I wouldn't wait that long for LM or waste the FP.

I have a 5 yr old DD, and she loved it. It wasn't a waste of a FP for us. To each their own...

carolinamama said:
I have a 5 yr old DD, and she loved it. It wasn't a waste of a FP for us. To each their own...

Something for everyone. :thumbsup2

If DD wants to ride it and the wait is long, FP here we come.

Sorry, I'm such a Grumpy pants. The concept is cute, but Disney didn't deliver. IMO It didn't help, that the ride went down, while we were on it...the same verse, over and over and over. ;)

Because it's so new, and because it's the only new "ride" in the Fantasyland Expansion, the waits continue to be very long. We were there in December during a low crowd week and waits for this ride were 90-120 minutes. We used FP to ride it 3 times with very minimal waits. Bottom line for most is that if you want to ride it, a FP is still a big help. Will that change over time? Absolutely. But for now, if you want to ride it, FP is a good alternative.

Only Dumbo And Barnstormer are disconnected. Last week we grabbed FPs for them while holding a set for Pooh.

Wait times at night for LM were non existent. And The Park had been busy throughout The day.

Mx

cuchu2005 said:
Only Dumbo And Barnstormer are disconnected. Last week we grabbed FPs for them while holding a set for Pooh.

Wait times at night for LM were non existent. And The Park had been busy throughout The day.

Mx

And the Mickey M&G. Barnstormer comes and goes.

Mx

What does it mean that they were "disconnected?" How can you tell that?

What does it mean that they were "disconnected?" How can you tell that?

You can't beforehand, unless you read about it here.

On a "disconnected" system, that two hour waiting period I mentioned in my original reply is not there, or is very, very short. That effectively means you can get back-to-back FPs if one of these "disconnected" kiosks is involved.

Examples:

- Get a Mickey M&G FP, and then immediately walk six feet to your right and get a Princess M&G FP. (Or any other one, though Princess M&G is the only other one in the area.)

- Get a Dumbo FP, and then immediately go to any other FP kiosk for a second on the spot.

As I already mentioned, the Barnstormer one is less reliably disconnected. Most reports are that it is disconnected, but I read enough occasional reports that it isn't. Use at your own risk. ;)

Regarding a disconnected FP, if getting one, would you know that it was disconnected, so as to have the knowledge then that you could get another FP for some other attraction without the normal wait?

Honestly, I wouldn't wait that long for LM or waste the FP.

:confused:

There is no such thing as waste of a fastpass if it's a ride you or your family want to go on.

Personally, if it was available and needed, I would fastpass People Mover or Carousel of Progress because I enjoy them that much. :)

Regarding a disconnected FP, if getting one, would you know that it was disconnected, so as to have the knowledge then that you could get another FP for some other attraction without the normal wait?

Good question. I *think* the time at the bottom-center of these FPs (the one that tells you when you can get the next one) shows a current time (allowing another immediately), but I don't recall ever looking....

You can't beforehand, unless you read about it here.

On a "disconnected" system, that two hour waiting period I mentioned in my original reply is not there, or is very, very short. That effectively means you can get back-to-back FPs if one of these "disconnected" kiosks is involved.

Examples:

- Get a Mickey M&G FP, and then immediately walk six feet to your right and get a Princess M&G FP. (Or any other one, though Princess M&G is the only other one in the area.)

- Get a Dumbo FP, and then immediately go to any other FP kiosk for a second on the spot.

As I already mentioned, the Barnstormer one is less reliably disconnected. Most reports are that it is disconnected, but I read enough occasional reports that it isn't. Use at your own risk. ;)

This forum is so helpful! Thanks so much! So just to reiterate: Those above-mentioned fast passes may be disconnected so when I am there in three weeks I might as well try to go ahead and get fast passes for them after I pick up my little mermaid fast passes. Right?

This forum is so helpful! Thanks so much! So just to reiterate: Those above-mentioned fast passes may be disconnected so when I am there in three weeks I might as well try to go ahead and get fast passes for them after I pick up my little mermaid fast passes. Right?

Yep. For Dumbo and the Mickey M&G at least, you risk nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter