• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fast Pass for 2 year old

mombg20062009

Earning My Ears
It's been awhile since I have been to Disney. I need help with a planning question regarding rides that my DD(2) is not yet able to ride. My question is this: We have 3 in our party that will want to ride Splash Mountain, Space Mountain etc. When we get fastpasses, will my two year be able to get a fastpass or do they not issue fastpasses for her since she isn't a "paid" guest yet ? I know that she can't ride them but I thinking how we'll split up so the 3 of us can ride. Will they issue a parent swap with a fast pass or do my son/husband go and I stay with 2 year old and then wait for them to come out and then go by myself?

I know how parent swap works in the stand by lines but need some clarification if you can get one when you have a fast pass. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

My 2yo reached the 40 in requirement on our last trip. The CM at Soarin' just printed a fastpass out for him. I'll probably find out that was a "no, no", but it worked for us. :thumbsup2

FPs are not needed (or typically issued) for the under-3 set, but they need to meet the height requirement, if any, to be allowed in the queue.

2 and Under do not need Fastpasses as they don't have a ticket, and use Rider Swap for the thrill rides.

Get fast passes for all paying park goers. A non ticketed infant would not get a fast pass in any situation I can think of.

Go to the fast pass line with the 2 year old. Ask for a rider swap - due to being too small to ride. Whoever stays back with 2 year old gets the rider swap. Everyone else goes through fast pass.

When ride goers done, meet up with 2 year old and rider swap parent. Decide who wants to go back and ride it again. Rider swap allows up to 3 or 4 (I can't remember which) people to go back through fast pass line.

Our older child loved that rider swap meant she could ride things 2 twice while her brother waited behind. He didn't actually care too much so that worked for us!

Rider swap allows three people to go through the fast pass line. Someone who already rode can ride again (you don't have to change all three to different people).

This is how it works:
Your entire party goes to the fast pass line with the child who is too small to ride and requests a rider switch pass. Someone takes the too-small child to wait (you can take them anywhere). When the first group gets done riding, the person who stayed behind can go up to the fast pass line using the rider swap pass and they can take two other people with them to ride even if they already rode while someone else stays with the child.

Also, in the past, the rider switch pass was good all day. You didn't have to get right back on the ride. With the new fastpass changes, that may change though.

In your case, assuming your party is you, husband, older son, and 2 year old, it would probably look like this:

All four of you go to the fastpass line and ask for a rider switch pass. Son and DH go ride together using their fastpasses while you stay with 2 year old. When they are done, you and son go ride while DH stays with 2 year old using the rider switch pass at the fastpass entrance. Rider switch only works for rides with height restrictions.

If the child can ride the ride with or without the height requirements, then no fastpass is needed. When you go to the fastpass line, if they ask just tell them your said child is under 3 and it should be fine. If the child can not or does not want to ride, then you can walk up to the fastpass line with the child and ask for a rider swap. We've done it many times without any problems! Have fun!

If the child can ride the ride with or without the height requirements, then no fastpass is needed. When you go to the fastpass line, if they ask just tell them your said child is under 3 and it should be fine. If the child can not or does not want to ride, then you can walk up to the fastpass line with the child and ask for a rider swap. We've done it many times without any problems! Have fun!

You are not guaranteed to be able to get a Rider Switch pass if the child is tall enough - it is only guaranteed if they do not meet the height requirement - and they may measure to be sure!

In other situations, you need to ask the CM what is possible.

As others have said, a child under three does not need a Fastpass to enter the Fastpass queue, as long as they are accompanied by a guest who DOES have a Fastpass, and the child meets the requirements for the attraction.

All this plus more at the link in my signature.

Also if you have FPs a rider swap is not really necessary. Although I think you said you only have 3 other ppl so I guess in that case you would want a rider swap so the one who is staying behind doesn't have to ride alone.

We didn't use rider swap a whole lot on our trip but that's b/c we had FPs and 7 total paying guests that were tall enough so usually 3 would ride and then 4 would ride.

You are not guaranteed to be able to get a Rider Switch pass if the child is tall enough - it is only guaranteed if they do not meet the height requirement - and they may measure to be sure!

In other situations, you need to ask the CM what is possible.

As others have said, a child under three does not need a Fastpass to enter the Fastpass queue, as long as they are accompanied by a guest who DOES have a Fastpass, and the child meets the requirements for the attraction.

All this plus more at the link in my signature.

You're right. I was moreso thinking of fastpass only for say Winnie the Pooh or Peter Pan as an under two. Not the Rider Swap in that situation. My wording was off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter