Fast Pass+ double dipping?

ashearer

Mouseketeer
I'd like to hear from anyone currently using FP+ at the park as to whether they are also using KTTW to get more rides in.
We have everything in place for out trip in Oct but as we plan to do a few rope drops I'm wondering if I'd be better making FP + choices for shows, meeting characters and maybe a BOG lunch. If we could then use KTTW for a ride or two that would be a bonus.

That better work...everyone on here assured me that we could enroll in the test program and still use regular FP if things didn't work out (which we probably will since I am not crazy about the FP+ plans we got). I am not sure if we have to request a card when we check in or do we automatically get one?

Yes, it absolutely works. Yes, they should automatically supply you with KTTW cards at check in.

I would say yes, using the FP+ for shows & attractions that don't offer FP- (like ETWB, Ariel's M&G, Wishes) & supplementing with regular FP for the rides makes perfect sense.

As long as Disney doesn't change the rules between now & your trip dates that is. That's the big unknown to me - when & how the rules will change, we only know what's working RIGHT NOW.

Yes, it absolutely works. Yes, they should automatically supply you with KTTW cards at check in.

I would say yes, using the FP+ for shows & attractions that don't offer FP- (like ETWB, Ariel's M&G, Wishes) & supplementing with regular FP for the rides makes perfect sense.

As long as Disney doesn't change the rules between now & your trip dates that is. That's the big unknown to me - when & how the rules will change, we only know what's working RIGHT NOW.

Good! Unfortunately for us none of the night time shows or parades etc. showed up as FP+ options. :(

I think I might risk it and ask again nearer time(6th oct) . Have already booked Belle story thing, soarin and TSM and test track as we found these hard to get on.it would be great to FP for meeting princesses,electrical parade and I might even cancel Fantasmic package and use a FP to eat at another onsite restaurant instead of H&V. Thanks

I would bet fastpass double dipping is going to continue for quite a while.

They're still testing out the fastpass+ system, and I'm sure there are still bugs to fix. I think they'd rather let people double dip then freeze all magic band users out of fastpass+ in the event of a malfunction.

LibertyTree said:
I would bet fastpass double dipping is going to continue for quite a while.

They're still testing out the fastpass+ system, and I'm sure there are still bugs to fix. I think they'd rather let people double dip then freeze all magic band users out of fastpass+ in the event of a malfunction.

I think that isolating the two systems from each other for simultaneous but exclusive operation would be a major IT project in itself. Besides, the point at which you cut the beta testers off from the old system is generally when you put the new one into normal production.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter