Fast Pass Birthday option

Stacey Blake

Earning My Ears
:goodvibes

Has anyone received the birthday FP option lately? We leave in a few days and we are celebrating my DD & DS's birthdays on the 14th. I think we are going to get 1 GC option and 1 FP option.

Just wondering how many FPs we get with the birthday promotion now. It seems to change each time I ask, so does anyone know what is offered now?

Thanks,
WDW here we come!!:banana::banana:

Thanks, that post helps

BUT I wanted to know if anyone has used this option recently?

Anybody?

Thanks!!

Hello Stacey Blake!!! How exciting that you're leaving in 3 days! We just stayed for a week at the polynesian resort from May 27- June 2. Had a great time and celebrated my 8 year old sons birthday while there on the 29th. He chose to use the birthday fastpass also and chose to use it at the animal kingdom park. Here's how it went; there were 5 people in our party. We arrived at the park at approximately 10am. We went to the will call window and explained that we wanted to use the fastpass. We each got a separate card to use in the fastpass machines that say birthday fastpass on them. They have 2 groups of rides. We got to choose 3 rides from each group, which gave us each 6 fastpass rides for the day. Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions, I will be checking back later. Have a great time!:bday:

Thanks you so much for your reply.:cool1:

So you were each given 6 FPs total. We are going to DHS on their birthday, so they can ride TOT, TSM and RNR - the kids are teenagers.

Do you think these FPs saved you a great deal of time on a crowded day?

With 2 birthdays, they kids will still be able to spend the GC in Disney.

So in my opinion it is a win-win situation!!

Thanks again:

Any other info is wonderful!:confused3
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I was offered 6 fastpasses (3 from each of 2 groups) at MK last week. :goodvibes

And yes, it was well worth it since we got a late start on the day.

Can you also collect regular fastpasses for other attractions while using the birthday fastpass? For example at MK...can I go to the fastpass distribution stand and obtain one for Splash Mountain and then go get a regular fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain before using the bd pass?....

Definitely a win-win situation and a great time saver! And yes, we had 6 birthday fastpass for each one in our party. DHS is my favorite park, but we went where the birthday boy wanted to go. Your teenagers will love the fastpass for DHS. Also wanted to let you know that they will give you a list of rides you can use the fastpasses for divided into 2 groups. If there's a ride you don't want to ride in one of the groups, you can ride the same ride more than once.

:dancer:Thought I would throw in a single digit dance for you!! Have fun!

Can you also collect regular fastpasses for other attractions while using the birthday fastpass? For example at MK...can I go to the fastpass distribution stand and obtain one for Splash Mountain and then go get a regular fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain before using the bd pass?....

Yes. You can use the regular fastpasses too. Just use the birthday fastpass card for the bd passes. And your regular park ticket card for the regular fastpass. Enjoy!!:goodvibes

Hi Stacey,
We were at CSR 5/23 - 5/31. My son in law had his big birthday while at the park. We were at Epcot and he chose the fast pass option also. There were 9 of us in our party and we each got 3 fast passes from the Donald group (Soarin and Test Track) and 3 from the Mickey group which by the time we got there the only ride left was Mission Space. Let me tell you you can only ride Mission Space so many times. Not 3 in a row for sure. So you go get your Birthday fastpasses first then pick the one ride you want to do again and get that one with your own KTTW before they are all gone. It was absolutely great.

We had a ball and I hope your family does too.
Ginny

We just returned. Saturday was DH's birthday and he chose the Studios. Our choices for the FP were in 2 groups: A Daisy group and a Donald group.

... and the FP is good immediately! No waiting for times!

One group had RnRC, TOT, and Star Tours
The other group had Toy Story Mania, the car stunt thing (sorry), and The Little Mermaid show.

You could chose to ride each attraction once, or in any combo that totaled 3. We did TOT & Star Tours once each (had already done RnRC twice on standby & regular FP and couldn't talk family into a 3rd time...) on one, and TSM 3 times on the other.:dance3:

A warning, though: some attractions run out of FP's early, and that's in the brochure they had out. We returned to use ours for TSM, and the machines were closed off. We found a CM and explained that we goofed and didn't pay attention to that detail. He was super nice and ran our cards through the FP machine for the total # of passes we needed!!:thumbsup2

They appear to be changing the number quite a bit, based on park (and thus number of attractions), crowd and whatever other factors there may be. DHS seems to be often limited to 2 per group, while the others are often 3 or 4.

That's why on my page (already linked to above, and in my sig) I say that in general you will get AT LEAST two...I have never heard of more than 4 though, and don't expect to.

Thanks wishuponastar

Great info!!

I am so excited I can barely stand it!!

I guess we will see our fp totals when we get there!

Thanks everyone, especially the tip about the FPs running out.

So I guess the right thing to do is run around and get all the fps wanted with the bd pass and then go back and do the rides!

:confused3:confused3:confused3

what a magical treat! I should schedule our visit on birthdays.

Makes me crave to go!
Good luck on your trip/bday adventure.

If you could, please let us know how it turns out. :)

We were there May 16-23 and got the FP for DD birthday. If we had it to do over again, we would not do it because the lines were only 30 minutes tops (except TSM and Soarin and we did those as soon as the parks opened so we didn't have to wait for those either) and we left having used only one of our FPs. We kept thinking "We don't want to waste a FP when the standbyu line is only 20 minutes." So we would save the FP to use later and we never did! Now, if the crowds had been larger, it might have been worth it. But not for our crowd situation. Also, this was the week of monsoon rain every day so we left the parks early every day and that might have made a difference if we had spent all day in the parks. Just thought of that!

I thought the birthday FP cards use a special birthday FP kiosk at the FP-enabled rides. I'm a little confused why birthday FPs would not be available once you had the special birthday FP card. I've read trip reports that people were able to get the immediate-on birthday FPs even after the regular FPs were gone for the day. Has this changed??

I do understand that you must get the birthday FP card at will call/guest relations early in the day, which leads me to believe that the number of birthday FP CARDS is limited.

I thought the birthday FP cards use a special birthday FP kiosk at the FP-enabled rides. I'm a little confused why birthday FPs would not be available once you had the special birthday FP card. I've read trip reports that people were able to get the immediate-on birthday FPs even after the regular FPs were gone for the day. Has this changed??

I do understand that you must get the birthday FP card at will call/guest relations early in the day, which leads me to believe that the number of birthday FP CARDS is limited.

The PP I think was referring to not NEEDING to use the Birthday FP card at all because the attractions were essentially walk-ons. You could still use it, but it doesn't actually provide any advantage in those situations.

The Birthday FP is most valuable for a larger group on a crowded day.

That's the way I read it too, that at the rides there are special BD Fast pass kiosks and it didn't matter what time you showed up to get the actual fast pass, just so long as you got to the will call window before they ran out of cards. Please, can someone clarify this? It seems like we would have to run around the park after we get the card just in order to get all of the actual passes to use later. This doesn't make sense:confused3?
Thanks to anyone who can clarify this point..:thumbsup2

OK, let me clarify. Of course this is all on my web page...

You can use the Birthday FP cards any time during the regular park hours and get an instant Fastpass. This is even after all the regular Fastpasses are gone, and the machines are covered. One machine will be left uncovered with a sign on it saying that only Birthday FP cards can be used. An attempt to use a regular park ticket will just give you a "This is not a valid Fastpass" slip.

I do not know how/if it is handled for evening EMH, if Fastpass is not in use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter