Fast Food Complaints

I generally check my order before leaving a fast food restaurant, to make sure it's right.

But the last time I went I ordered a medium order of fries (no burger) and I had gone inside to order, rather than using the drive up window, as I needed to use the restroom. While I was waiting for my order I filled my drink cup, then when she handed me the bag I asked for a couple packs of ketchup (there were none by the self serve drink area, just the ketchup pump and little cups) and she handed them to me and I opened the bag and dropped them in, along with a couple of napkins. When I got to my destination and pulled the fries out I realized I had ordered, and paid for, a medium sized order but I received a small order (paper bag instead of cardboard container). My own fault really, since I hadn't even noticed when I put the ketchup and napkins in the bag. So who could I really complain to? Just myself. :) I should have paid more attention. And I didn't think it was worth it to go back.

I went into an Arby's once and ordered a chicken sandwich and large order of curly fries.

The girl sat my tray in front of me on the counter and I said, "Isn't that a medium size fry container?"

She turned around, grabbed a large size fry container, dumped my medium fry into it and put it on my tray.

I was laughing so hard I couldn't say a word. She didn't seem to understand why I was laughing.

OP, perhaps you can spin it a different way, if the manager just dismisses complaints automatically.

Perhaps you can write it in a compliment to the girl who did your order (though I know she didn't do too well)...something like...

On [date] around 12:55pm I was in your shop [location]. There were a few employees lingering in the back waiting to start work, making a lot of noise too. There was only one girl out front trying to take care of a very long line by herself [name if you remember] because nobody would come out before their 1pm shift started.

I would like to commend this lone employee for handling a lot of customers all by herself.

It is a shame that the rest of your employees don't seem to have as good a work ethic.​

This may, help 2 ways: positive reinforcement to the girl so maybe she will take a bit more pride and do better job now; get other employees on board when the front busy, even if a few minutes early.

As for myself, if it is not right I make sure they get it right. Though I never use drive through...

as pp stated, am also reminded every time fast food is involved...

Leo Getz/Lethal Weapon: :lmao:

They [bleeeep] YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They [bleep] YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got [bleeped]!

so check those bags before driving off!

Yes, I complain. When I put my hard-earned money on the counter, I expect to get what I ordered. I have occasionally complained to the manager on-site, but usually I will go home and send an email to corporate. I always start the email out with a compliment, i.e. "I have always enjoyed eating at ______, but on Tuesday I had a bad experience." I then spell out what the problem was and what I feel could be done about it. I never ask for anything. I just state that I would like to not have that problem again next time I come in. I don't rant, rave or threaten to never step foot in the restaurant again. I have always received a message from corporate and sometimes a call from the local manager.

On the other hand, I also frequently send "nice-grams" to corporate, to compliment the service I have received or how much I enjoy eating there or how nice the employees are. It's only fair that if I'm going to complain, I also need to be ready to compliment.

I've emailed once or twice before due to terrible service at a place. In the same respect, I sent McDonalds an email about one of their employees praising his awesome customer service (he was often there when we would visit in between classes), and they thanked me for taking the time to write something positive. Along with it, sent some coupons!

Yes, I complain. When I put my hard-earned money on the counter, I expect to get what I ordered. I have occasionally complained to the manager on-site, but usually I will go home and send an email to corporate. I always start the email out with a compliment, i.e. "I have always enjoyed eating at ______, but on Tuesday I had a bad experience." I then spell out what the problem was and what I feel could be done about it. I never ask for anything. I just state that I would like to not have that problem again next time I come in. I don't rant, rave or threaten to never step foot in the restaurant again. I have always received a message from corporate and sometimes a call from the local manager.

On the other hand, I also frequently send "nice-grams" to corporate, to compliment the service I have received or how much I enjoy eating there or how nice the employees are. It's only fair that if I'm going to complain, I also need to be ready to compliment.

:thumbsup2 I always make sure to send compliments, too. I figure if I'm going to point out the things that need improvement, it's also nice and only fair to point out the good things as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter