Fashionistas

baggypants

Earning My Ears
Am I the only one obsessed about what to wear? For instance, I have been all over the mall looking for something animal print to wear to AK. It has to be natural fabric of course, or it will be too hot. I have all my outfits planned and accessorized, and my DH must co-ordinate with me. (Got to think about those pics!) Am I over the top? :earsgirl:

Yes- we are staying at AKL and Polynesian and I have particular outfits to wear just at the Polynesian. Heaven forbid if I wore my Polynesian sweatshirt at the AKL :earseek: :rotfl2:

Ilovestitch said:
Yes- we are staying at AKL and Polynesian and I have particular outfits to wear just at the Polynesian. Heaven forbid if I wore my Polynesian sweatshirt at the AKL :earseek: :rotfl2:
It's true...don't want the fashion police writing you a citation!! :teeth:

When I booked my trip to the Poly, I decided that I wanted to get some Hawaiian print shirts to wear on vacation. Last week I bought four Disney Hawaiian shirts on DisneyDirect.com. They look terrific and I have even worn a couple to work. Best of all, they only cost $20 apiece. I love a deal! :cool1:

baggypants said:
Am I the only one obsessed about what to wear? For instance, I have been all over the mall looking for something animal print to wear to AK. It has to be natural fabric of course, or it will be too hot. I have all my outfits planned and accessorized, and my DH must co-ordinate with me. (Got to think about those pics!) Am I over the top? :earsgirl:

I'm like that too :) I want to have a different outfit to wear each day so I usually make sure I can mix and match tops and bottoms. But then I have the dilemma of not packing too much so that I can take all of my souveniers and outlet mall finds back with me :rotfl:

I always try to coordinate my, dh, and ds's outfits to look better in photos! :banana: I also like to "theme" my outfits according to our plans for the day! :banana: It can get nerve racking, but it's a lot of fun! And, what better do I have to do in between trips! :rotfl2:

We (my cousin and I) have become so involved in planning what we and our families will wear, that we are planning on buying Hawaiian clothes this summer so we will have them for our December trip to wear at the luah.

:idea: This thread made me think. I have an outfit that has an animal print trim on it, I think I will have to where that to AK.

If I tried matching DF's clothing to mine he'd think I was a few bricks short of a load to say the least. First he would :rotfl2: , then he would :rolleyes: then he would pick his own clothes and be happy! He is such an awesome guy too that I would just not subject him to that.

Myst

Wow...that never would have occured to me. Comfort is my one and only concern in the parks--for the last week my uniform was sleeveless tops and bike shorts and my Crocs with socks! And we only packed enough for 4 days knowing we could do laundry mid-week.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess :confused3

I plan, but not quite to that extent! Basically, the only clothing plans I make are what to pack to meet weather conditions & what I will wear to our nicer dinners.

Our family is definately NOT the matching type......

we dress for comfort and may dress up a little for dinner depending on where it is. but i was at wal-mart yesterday and did pick up my DW some mickey mouse panties though. thought it appropriate.

I'm the same way. I make a list of outfits I'm taking then decide which outfit best fits the theme and "feel" of each day's plans. I'm going solo this trip, but if my family is going with me I make sure we coordinate somewhat, or at least don't clash, so the pics will look nice.

I don't go overboard of course. We dress for comfort - tee shirts or tanks with shorts. But I still consider the colors and styles of our outfits for each day. For me it's just another fun part of planning a WDW trip, and it helps to pass the time while I'm waiting for the countdown timer to tick away. :hourglass

Well, I don't feel so all alone now! I use a rolling rack to hang all my outfits, then match DH's up with mine. (I like for him to wear nice polo or island type shirts because we like to look nice to go in the restaurants.) Then we know what we will wear for each day/park, or other activity. I wait and actually pack it at the last minute. I started doing this when we began cruising a few years ago. I use a hanging organizer for my jewelry, and another one for shoes and purses. (no, not for the theme parks, COMFORT rules for shoes!) I found a cute snakeskin look sash belt at Petite Sophisticates. I think I will wear it to AK. I already have some brown capris, and wood bead earrings. I just need to find a cute top! :earsgirl:

My dh would never let me try to "match him" :rotfl: He would also never let me pick out his clothes. I just go and have fun! :cool1: But to each is own. I really not laughing at you I am laughing more at my dh's response if I even tried. :rotfl2:

I would never think of trying to match my outfits to DH's. When I pack his thinks, I pack all things that will match (he's color blind, so if I don't do that, he may end up on someone's website as the worst-dressed guest of the day or something ;) ). It's usually jeans and polo shirts. That's what he likes to wear, and when he's happy with what he's wearing, life is just a whole lot easier. I also wear jeans, usually with solid color tank tops or short-sleeved polo shirts. I don't wear shorts as a rule because I'm just not comfortable in them. His shirts are usually prints, hawaiian, Disney, or other, so we frequently do coordinate anyway!

As long as he's happy to come with me on my trips, and as long as he's wearing something that isn't absolutely awful, I don't care what he wears!

Beth

My DSis, best friend and I just bought matching PJ's for Disney. We got them at Target and they have Mickey on them.

Well, maybe a little over the top...
I was thinking of having everyone wear hawaiian shirts for our dinner at ohana, but was wondering if that was going too far.

baggypants said:
I never even thought about coordinating to look good in pictures... maybe because I'm the one who always takes them! ;) But that's funny, because I'm so anal about making sure we coordinate when we have a family portrait done... now I have one more thing to obsess about! :teeth:

I will admit to always wearing safari-colored clothing to Animal kingdom - khaki shorts, green khaki tank top. I just think of it as the coolest color clothes at the hottest parks. What works in the outback should work at a theme park.

The only other outfits that get planned are the quick-dry ones that are used for Island of Adventure when you know you are getting wet and will ensure that you will dry quickly and not have to be uncomfortable all day long

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter