Fashionistas even at Disney

Oh. . . and for the person who made the somewhat snarky comment about our lack of photographic proof, I'll have some in a few days. :goodvibes

I also read the thread that made fun of wearing makeup to the parks! No way would I ever leave home without my makeup on, it's just the way I was brought up I suppose!
We will be going in March and I am planning on wearing "full makeup", jeans, V neck T shirts, zipup hoodies for at night, jewelry, and either my Asics (which I use to work out and are soooooo comfy!), or if it's warm enough I'll wear flip flops.
You bet I want to look cute with all those photos we take, I'll also have a compact, eyeliner, lipstick, and lip gloss in my purse. That humidity requires lots of touch ups!!!!:tink:

This sounds like me!! Jeans and V-necks and FULL makeup!!! I'm a Sales Director for a Direct Sales Cosmetic company and I wear FULL makeup everyday even if I'm not leaving home!!!!! Yikes... what if I bumped into one of my customers at the grocery store and my face was naked!!

No crocs, sweat pants, or fanny packs for me either, but I will bite the bullet and wear sneakers! I learned my lesson when we went 9 years ago and I wore flip floops the entire time! Never again! Mineral powder foundation, cheek and eye colors should hold up pretty well, so the majority of my touchups will probably just be lip gloss!!

I'm also planning on mostly capris and skorts! I am leaving my favorite purses at home and will carry a small black back pack for the kids stuff.

I LOVE this thread!

I can get behind doing it every day that you go out, but doing it at home is what I could never get behind. I like to give my skin and hair a "break" when I can give it, and days when I don't go out are those days. I wash it really nicely, sometimes put on a facial mask, then moisturize and let it be. Makes me feel refreshed. Same for hair. Get out of the shower, and put nothing in it and let it air dry. Giving it a break from chemicals and heat keeps my hairdressers saying, "How is it we color your hair so severely, but it is always so healthy?!" I get intense colors--cherry reds and bleach blondes streaked together, and my hair is soft and shiny. This is all thanks to giving it a break whenever I can! SOmething to think about! Think of it as a "spa day" for your skin and hair!!

I didn't have all that much "style" before my kids arrived so there isn't that much of a change! ;)

At 41yo I've probably worn makeup less than 25 times in my entire life! That would only be counting some coverup, powder, eyeliner and a bit of eye shadow. Full out makeup... probably only for my prom and my wedding.

I'm not comfortable wearing makeup. It gets all over me. I wipe my eyes too much and end up looking like a racoon (even w/ waterproof stuff) and by midday it's all gone anyway. And I can't STAND lipstick...feels way too wierd on my lips. I don't even like gloss.

Well, us natural beauties don't have to worry about that!! :lmao::cutie: I'm very low maintenance on make-up. I love it for nights out or at work (I'm a stylist/make-up artist), but in general, I keep it low key. I know some women who look like completely different women without make-up on (some actually look sick), and I swore I'd never be that girl!! :laughing:

I can get behind doing it every day that you go out, but doing it at home is what I could never get behind. I like to give my skin and hair a "break" when I can give it, and days when I don't go out are those days. I wash it really nicely, sometimes put on a facial mask, then moisturize and let it be. Makes me feel refreshed. Same for hair. Get out of the shower, and put nothing in it and let it air dry. Giving it a break from chemicals and heat keeps my hairdressers saying, "How is it we color your hair so severely, but it is always so healthy?!" I get intense colors--cherry reds and bleach blondes streaked together, and my hair is soft and shiny. This is all thanks to giving it a break whenever I can! SOmething to think about! Think of it as a "spa day" for your skin and hair!!

Amen!! I will flat out refuse to do some women's hair if it's at the elastic stage. :scared: Sure, I'm losing out on beaucoup bucks, but do I really want people to know I did someone's hair that's a "full-on Monet!" (hey, early 90s!!). Looks good from a distance, but up close it's a big ol' mess. Definitely need to give the hair a break. Pleeeeease!! No heat doesn't mean no style! However, I do take my iron with me (CHI just came out with a great travel size!!) for touch-ups, but it takes me at least 30 minutes to straighten it, and I'd rather be Disneying!!

I'm a low maintenance gal and pretty happy w/ that (as is dh)...heck I'd rather sleep than spend more time getting ready in the morning! ;)

I only wish I could be low maintenance. I just wasn't blessed with good, clear, even-toned skin. My natural skin color is white as a sheet of paper so more than 5 minutes in sunlight used to blister me. I go to the tanning bed 3-4 days a week to maintain some color and encourage my skin to have some sort of tolerance for the sun. I'm naturally redheaded w/light red eyelashes. If I don't wear eye makeup my eyes are non-existant. Oh and to have hair I could just brush and go and have it look nice. No such luck here. And if I don't watch every little thing I eat and stay devoted to my running and working out my hips and thighs would be gi-normous in no time. You're so blessed. I'm jealous, really! :cutie: I'm not at all a morning person so getting up extra early is so hard for me, especially on vacation!

Sure, I'm losing out on beaucoup bucks, but do I really want people to know I did someone's hair that's a "full-on Monet!" (hey, early 90s!!).

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!! I love using that quote, too. ;) I used to watch Clueless alllll the time!

I only wish I could be low maintenance. I just wasn't blessed with good, clear, even-toned skin. My natural skin color is white as a sheet of paper so more than 5 minutes in sunlight used to blister me. I go to the tanning bed 3-4 days a week to maintain some color and encourage my skin to have some sort of tolerance for the sun. I'm naturally redheaded w/light red eyelashes. If I don't wear eye makeup my eyes are non-existant. Oh and to have hair I could just brush and go and have it look nice. No such luck here. And if I don't watch every little thing I eat and stay devoted to my running and working out my hips and thighs would be gi-normous in no time. You're so blessed. I'm jealous, really! :cutie: I'm not at all a morning person so getting up extra early is so hard for me, especially on vacation!

I agree. I'm naturally very pale and have natural blonde hair and light green eyes. If I don't put some sort of SPF makeup on, forget it. Especially in the sun.

I'm really liking this thread! I was a bit nervous at first - I have to admit I thought there would be a TON of snarky comments, but so far so good. Which makes me happy.

I think it's just another reason why I'm so amazed by WDW - you can go wearing Gucci glasses, Chanel makeup, Seven jeans, and Jimmy Choos OR you can wear Crocs, a regular 'ole tee and throw your hair up in a pony tail and not even blow dry it but we're still going to a place that brings us all together.

And you know, I really don't take notice to what other people are wearing in the parks, either. Unless it's some crazy big hair band of the 80's style hair. Or Flock of Seagulls. NO OFFENSE!!! I honestly just like to look "put together" when I'm in the parks. Heck, reading what some of you ladies wear I even look dressed down! :confused3

Keep the good ideas and positive comments coming. This is a good thread!

just a quick question.

would this dress be overkill for the parks?!

8835-650764-d.jpg

I am a total Juicy girl! I'm getting two new suits for Christmas to take with me! I always rock the Juicy hoodie-and-jeans combo, along with my Uggs. I just love it. BeneTint is also the love of my life. How perfect is that for simple yet chic makeup?! It never looks over done.

And yes, the word moist bothers my life to no end. So much so that I cringe when I hear it...moist...ugh just something about it!!

Haha- we must look quite similar when we visit the World! It really is all about Juicy. Since moving to Australia I haven't been able to get my fix, and almost croaked when my sister told me they were opening up an entire Juicy store in Seattle!

Seriously, Benetint is amazing. Of all the makeup I have in my arsenal (it's seriously an arsenal these days), this is the one thing that without fail gets me compliments, but never looks over the top! Hubby loves it too because it doesn't come off on him when we kiss.

And to everyone who hates Uggs- I did too...until I tried a pair. SO comfortable. Maybe it makes me a hypocrite to deplore Crocs and love Uggs...but...they're so warm!!!

And Aimee- your daughter's outfits are SO cute! I would wear an adult version of those dresses ANY day!

Kirrrby- I wouldn't consider that dress overkill at all. It's adorable, and would look great with a pair of flip flops! :)

I am one who likes to look nice at WDW also. I do not do crocs but I do like their flip flops. I bought a pair in pink, black and brown. Then I had good footwear options. I also prefer skirts. I do not wear shorts. (I am only 29 and still I do not wear shorts.) I would bring a coordinating shirt to change into later in the day. That way I could freshen up from sweat, ice cream and little fingers. I also do not do fanny packs. I prefer my Coach swing packs. I also brought them in pink and black. LOL My Dh wore a backpack so we were covered for the big stuff and you have to love the stroller. My girls are 2 and 4.

Speaking of fashionistas. I think I might have you beat. :lovestruc

Here is my DD4. This is a typical WDW outfit for her. Actually she is a fancy girl so this is a typical outfit for her. She wore puddle jumper shoes or Lelli Kelly's. They are blinged out sneakers. No blisters or sore feet for the babes. Gotta love the confidence of a four year old. Hopefully it will last forever!!

DSCF2541.jpg
DSCF2338.jpg

Can anyone suggest where this type of clothing be purchased for girls?

Great posts! I have to look into Benetint. I have an excellent MAC coverup/concealer that is a lifesaver.

I just had a manicure and pedicure for my reunion last night, so my nails should last for at least part of our trip this week. I don't know about you, but I don't consider it overkill to bring a semi-full bottle of nail polish remover for when my french manicure chips away as I'll need to wear a fresh coat of nail polish. So, of course I plan to bring along a 1-2 bottles of nail polish on the trip too. ;)

Wish that ziploc baggie could be bigger. It's the woe of traveling fashionistas worldwide.

Im a complete dork I admit but I get up early do hair makeup and on some days I dress my DD2 and I alike..(Animal Kingdom we did camo..sporty day) etc..

Great posts! I have to look into Benetint. I have an excellent MAC coverup/concealer that is a lifesaver.

I just had a manicure and pedicure for my reunion last night, so my nails should last for at least part of our trip this week. I don't know about you, but I don't consider it overkill to bring a semi-full bottle of nail polish remover for when my french manicure chips away as I'll need to wear a fresh coat of nail polish. So, of course I plan to bring along a 1-2 bottles of nail polish on the trip too. ;)

Wish that ziploc baggie could be bigger. It's the woe of traveling fashionistas worldwide.

I would be hesitant to pack a bottle of nail polish remover. If it leaks, it could destroy your clothes. Cutex sells pre-soaked remover pads so you won't have to travel with a bottle of polish remover.

Have any of you girls tried eyeshadow base? I use it and at the end of the day my make-up looks just like it did when I walked out the door in the morning. It makes my shadow go on much smoother and it looks richer and more 'finished'. Also, for eyeliner I use a pencil and then go over it with shadow. The pencil acts as a base for the shadow and prevents smearing. So the only touch-ups I have to do during the day is foundation and lipstick. :thumbsup2

Thank goodness there are Disney Fashionistas!!

First off, I always do my hair and makeup..regardless of humidity, rain, snow, you name it. :laughing:

On a hot day: I wear a cute tank top, and jean shorts, sunscreen and (ahh this is the worst): puma sneakers. I hate the look of shorts and sneakers but I'm not crazy enough to wear Rainbows on a day that I know I'll be walking around for like 8 hours. I typically bring a swim suit for water rides too. I hate getting my clothes wet. I probably look ridiculous in a swim suit and poncho--yes that's it-- but hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

On a cold day: I wear jeans, a cute t-shirt, and a sweatshirt or a close fitting zip up. Depending on the temperature, I might wear a cable knit sweater or a nice long sleeve shirt instead. Typically I wear sneakers.

Ahh, I love girls that must look nice at Disney. We should all meet up at Disney and just look fabulous one day. Disney won't know what hit 'em!

Can anyone suggest where this type of clothing be purchased for girls?

These outfits were all made by myself.

I have a couple really good friends who make custom boutique clothing. I would be more than happy to send you their names. You can always search ebay for custom, boutique, mouse, vacation etc . . . Just always put boutique in the title.

I am another J Crew junkie. Most of my clothes are J Crew or Banana Republic. I can get basic, timeless pieces that make me feel good.

During the summer at festivals, etc., I wear J Crew v neck tees and shorts. They always have some cute madras shorts and skirts. I also have been known to wear the JC skirts in khaki's material. Since we are going in December again, I will likely bring my AG jeans, J Crew khakis, etc to wear if it gets chilly. I am planning on a clothing change once it starts to get dark.

I'm a huge fan of Vineyard Vines Jackie polos. I will likely bring those. My whole family (me, DH, 2 kids) are preppy. (I never worry about my tween dd wearing something too "adult" since she loves her vineyard vines and is now a J Crew addict :scared1: )

My youngest will turn 18 months while we are in the world. I'll have a small diaper bag to hold his preferred snacks, etc. I will likely stick my necessities in that bag.

For the preppy family, your pictures look great years later. I don't like trendy looks for keepsake photos. But I will be wearing my full "face" of makeup and fix my hair. I always bring a ponytail holder though since I straighten it and the frizz monster can attack in Florida :scared1:

I've seen many MANY people in the parks and just out in public with their "assets" :rolleyes1 hanging out. As long as you are dressed to cover the necessities with no muffin tummy hanging out of your tight jeans/shirt and aren't wearing a t shirt that requires a long conversation with my kids because they don't know two people can do that in that way or have not seen that word in print, I am fine. I'll be there in my makeup and hair with fully dressed kids (in vineyard vines, etc.) in tow.

Have any of you girls tried eyeshadow base? I use it and at the end of the day my make-up looks just like it did when I walked out the door in the morning. It makes my shadow go on much smoother and it looks richer and more 'finished'. Also, for eyeliner I use a pencil and then go over it with shadow. The pencil acts as a base for the shadow and prevents smearing. So the only touch-ups I have to do during the day is foundation and lipstick. :thumbsup2

Urban Decay Primer Potion. :worship:

Yep, I'm another one who does their hair and makeup at Disney!!! When DH and I were at Disney in May I wore sun dresses, cute tank tops, shorts or capris. No fanny pack for me. DH and I carry a messenger bag style bag pack. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter