Fashionable Shoe Suggestions

NoOrdinaryPrincess

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any suggestions for shoes that are easy to walk in, several days in a row in the parks, but are also a little bit stylish? I would prefer something with a lot of arch support.

Any suggestions?

I also need arch support. I wear my lite weight new balance or avia sneakers with my arch inserts on most days. But, I bought "orthaheel" flip flops on QVC and wore them in the parks too. they were stylish and my feet felt great!:yay:

Check out The Walking Company stores/website. They sell lots of comfortable shoes. I have 2 pair of the abeo brand flip flops that have orthotics in them. VERY comfortable!!! (And cute!)

I have plantar fasciitis, so need alot of arch support, but absolutely hate tennis shoes (too hot at WDW). The best shoe I've found are the OluKai Ohana flip flops (sooo comfortable). They are more expensive than most flip flops but worth every penney. I'll be at WDW Sept 1st-8th and plan on taking just OluKai Ohanas this trip (three pairs--silver, gold, and hot pink). I go to WDW several times a year and usually take 3-4 different pairs of shoes, but always seem to wind up in my OluKai Ohanas, so that's all I'm carrying this trip.

I always wear flip flops down there and have spent a fortune trying to find the perfect flip for my plantar fasciitis. My Ohana OluKai's blow all the others out of the water, but other comfortable flips I've found (in order of comfort) are: Sketcher Tone Ups, Orthoheel Tide or Waves, Cobian Braided Leather Bounce, Montrail Molokini, Fit Flops, and Volatile Keralee.

Before developing PF, I used to swear by Teva Mush, Reef, Nike Celso, Crocs, and Sanuk Yoga Mats, but can't wear them now, for any length of time.

As a nurse I do have to wear tennis shoes at work and find my Avia Toning, K Swiss, or New Balance are the most comfortable. No way could I wear them for a week at WDW though. I did take my Avia Toners down there once, but went back to the room at mid day just to switch into my Ohaha OluKai's. Tennis shoes are just too hot down there, plus not near as comfortable as my OluKai Ohana's. Funny thing is I have a couple pairs of the other OluKais (Kumu and Amo) and don't like them near as much as the OluKai Ohanas.

I bought the New Balance Tone Up Flip Flops this year as I couldn't find the Sketcher brand. The New Balance are as comfortable as the Sketcher's anyway. I've worn them almost daily this summer with no problems. I have a problem finding shoes that I can wear comfortably, so these are great.

I got plantar fasciitis on the last WDW trip we took a few years ago but it seems to have subsided since I started exercising more. I bought some Nike Frees from a Nike outlet store a few months ago and recently wore them to a 2 day trip to Cedar Point with no issues! They come in a lot of fun colours and I think they're pretty cool, but then again I'm more about comfort and practicality in an amusement park than style and what's cute.

I just bought myself a pair of crocs kadee shoes for my upcoming Disney trip. I know crocs don't come to mind when you're looking for a fashionable shoe but these are actually pretty cute and they were rated very highly in comfort. I'll let you know when I get them how they rank for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter