Fashion help please!

nemofans

DIS Veteran
I bought a navy dress for the cruise & a white wrap to wear w/it. What color heels do I wear? The cruise is during winter, so I'm not sure if white heels are appropriate??? :confused3
Also, the dress is knee length & i'm not sure if it's okay for formal night or if I should just wear it for semi formal night? I would definitely wear this dress to a wedding, but I consider formal night being floor length dresses.
Could use some suggestions...
:flower3:

I bought a navy dress for the cruise & a white wrap to wear w/it. What color heels do I wear? The cruise is during winter, so I'm not sure if white heels are appropriate??? :confused3
Also, the dress is knee length & i'm not sure if it's okay for formal night or if I should just wear it for semi formal night? I would definitely wear this dress to a wedding, but I consider formal night being floor length dresses.
Could use some suggestions...
:flower3:

I would go with navy heels (I had this same dilema with a dress this past winter)....on a cruise you might be able to get away with white shoes, but if you are going to wear the dress anywhere else I would def go ahead and get a pair of navy heels.

Some people wear cocktail length dresses for formal night, but I am with you and normally think of full length as formal and cocktail as semiformal.

Bring one and only one pair of heels on the cruise--you don't need extra luggage, weight, etc. If navy goes with your formal as well, great. If not, go black.

No one will be looking except your husband (if he's there.....)

Bring one and only one pair of heels on the cruise--you don't need extra luggage, weight, etc. If navy goes with your formal as well, great. If not, go black.

No one will be looking except your husband (if he's there.....)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh wait you were serious....

I've always managed to bring a pair of shoes for each "dress up" outfit and kept the luggage reasonable.

To to OP: it's now considered more than ok to wear white heels year round (the whole no white after labor day is moot - plus you'll be in the tropics).
You absolutely can wear a knee length dress to formal night. But I also think of formal night as floor length. But it's up to you.

How about silver or gold shoes... that could go with multiple outfits or colors.

How about silver or gold shoes... that could go with multiple outfits or colors.

I was just coming back to add this.... I had to get shoes for a navy dress last min and couldn't find gold or silver I liked, and had to go with navy.... lol but I just now remembered how I wanted silver to start with....and silver would probably match other things you own better later if you don't wear a lot of navy.

I was just coming back to add this.... I had to get shoes for a navy dress last min and couldn't find gold or silver I liked, and had to go with navy.... lol but I just now remembered how I wanted silver to start with....and silver would probably match other things you own better later if you don't wear a lot of navy.
Silver is a great idea!!!

I am wearing a navy dress for semi-formal night and I got silver heels to go with it. They will also work great with my formal, so I think that is a good way to go. They seem to go with a lot of stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions! I like the idea of wearing silver shoes. There's more things I can wear w/silver shoes than navy. I don't like packing alot & shoes always take up room. I guess I will wear this for semi formal & keep looking for formal night.
Thanks again!

I just wore a navy knee length gown to my college graduation. I wore red heels with it and got SO many compliments.The dress was sort of plain, but the red heels really made it pop! Being a shore girl, I love nautical colors so the red with the navy would look really great for your cruise. As for the length I think you will be fine. On my Disney cruise I wore a cocktail dress and i saw very few gowns. Short dresses are easier to pack anyways!

I am one who always packs way too much. I love clothes. I would never wear black shoes with a navy dress. Navy shoes or a metallic would definitely go. If you go with the metallic they would go with more outfits than just the navy dress. Also as far as formal night. I consider formal floor length. Or if you don't have a floor length dress at least a dress in a dressier fabric.

I went thru my closet to see if I had any floor length dresses that still fit me after having 2 babies. I do have a floor length black dress w/large white flowers on it. I can use the white wrap w/this too. So my plan is to find silver heels that I can wear w/both dresses. If I can't find ones I like, hen I will wear my white heels instead.
Thanks for all our suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter