Farenheit 9/11...Disney blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Pirate

Its not the end of civilization...But you can see
Well, Michael Moore should be thanking Eisner on a daily basis for the additional hype of his latest documentary.

Shareholders should pound another nail in Eisners coffin for retreating from such an obvious winner. True it is controversial but look what happened with Mel Gibson's piece of (fill in your personal opinion / i.e. art or crap). It made a fortune and the distributor hasn't been looked at as anything other than saavy.

Disney had 'Farenheit 9/11' all sewed up, got embroiled in a controversy because of their decision to NOT distribute it and now will make NO profit on it...And lots and lots of profit will be made...

Disney has Miramax for just this purpose and should use it thusly or let them go.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...
pirate:

My opinion is that Disney did the right thing by not distibuting this film. It was on the news last night that a Republican group is filing a federal suit to keep advertisements for the movie from using any images of Bush, even if they are part of the movie itself based on election campaign laws. Yep, Disney would really be needed to be viewed as "anti-Republican". It has nothing to do with whether I agree with the movies message or not, in fact I very well may...but it is not something that DIsney should have it's name associated with....even through Miramax...believe, every right wing activist would make sure to publicize the fact that Disney owns Miramax and it would be a big controversy.

Disney definitely did the right thing! I would be ashamed to have Disney connected to such self-serving, manipulative tripe that Michale Moore it peddling. Disney should be squeaky-clean and a departure from reality and not mire itself in the ugliness of politics. Thank you Eisner for standing up for Disney values ... at least in this instance!!

Lets not forget who the gov. of Fl is and those great tax breaks that Disney World Gets.

:eek: Michael Moore was just on the news and was quoted as telling a underage kids to sneak in to see his movie! That's taking things too far...

Moore's appeal for a PG-13 certificate has been rejected in favour of the R, by the way. Reasons included an image of a dead baby being thrown onto a pile of corpses. Nice.

Rich::

"Provide me with proof of those tax breaks please."

How about this one, the company runs its own government? And since they run the show can they not issue their own tax-free municipal bonds. Thats the first one that comes to mind.

I agree with the others, wholeheartedly and unequivocally - I am very proud of Disney and their decision not to distribute the film.

Originally posted by sters
Disney definitely did the right thing! I would be ashamed to have Disney connected to such self-serving, manipulative tripe that Michale Moore it peddling. Disney should be squeaky-clean and a departure from reality and not mire itself in the ugliness of politics. Thank you Eisner for standing up for Disney values ... at least in this instance!!

Yes! Disney did the RIGHT THING. MM is an anti - American jerk! In his movie he says we encouraged the 9/11 attacks! Anyone who watches this movie and likes it, is a traitor in my opinion!

I almost feel as if the decision not to release the film worked out better for Moore, and both parties knew it. As much as I may not agree with Moore's politics and agenda (or the current administrations for that matter) he certainly is a master of propaganda.

In his movie he says we encouraged the 9/11 attacks

The same thing has been said about Pearl Harbor. Not the first time the two events have been compared. I love any work that encourages discussion about events.

I agree it worked out much better for Moore than Disney. What I can't beleive is that they funded it to start with. How could they associate the Disney name with type of content in the first place, even if it was a company owned by Disney that released it and not Disney itself.

Michael Moore's movie is filled with bias propaganda and lies. This movie is TRASH!! I am very proud for Disney taking a stand on ethics. Shame on you Michael Moore!:sad2:

I prefer not to judge the film until I see it because I never let the press decide things for me. As for Miramax, I doubt that the driving forces there will be with Disney much longer.

moore's films are ALL filmed with his propaganda and disney did make the right decision, unlike there awful decision of a film that is a classic like The Passion of the Christ!!!
One told a story of someone who gave up his life for all of our souls and one is a typical lie filled attack by one who wouldnt know the truth if it hit him in his large gut!!! Its sad that some would perfer that 25 million be enslaved and saddam still be in power, i guess they forgot this country stands for freedom. I guess those who wish saddam was still in power also would have been against us taking on Hitler!!!!

Michael Moore, the Jerry Springer of shock-u-mentaries.

His style is to see how much BS he can mix in with half truths.

What really stinks is that his initials are MM :mad:

Lets see him put on a uniform and head over to some conflict area. Fat chance.

Thats the beauty of our country, we suffer fools and idiots without beheading them.

Originally posted by DIGGER68
Lets not forget who the gov. of Fl is and those great tax breaks that Disney World Gets.
Gee, you must be taking cues from the talented but moronic Moore. The tax breaks you mention certainly exist,( and the quaisi self governing governmental structure also exists) but to suggest that these were engineered by the Bush family is simply delusional. Please do some research concerning the deals made in the 1960's before making Mooreonic-like statements. Not everything that you don't particularly like is a conspiracy.

Which are?

Property Tax? Paid to Osceola County.

Sales Tax? State of Florida

Resort Tax? Osceola County

Gas Tax? State of Florida.

Any supposed breaks would have been created when Hayden Burns was Governer and the RCID was created.

In 1964.

And isn't the head of Disney a liberal Democrat?

Yep. Some conspiracy there............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter