Fare thee well, Adventurers...

doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Alas, we are unable to attend the final days of the Adventurer's Club (we're going a week too late), and are unable to say goodbye to Hathaway Brown, Samantha Sterling, Otis T. Wren, Emil Bleehall, Pamelia Perkins and the rest. Since I'm feeling a bit melancholy at the moment, I will leave you all with this song...you can all join in...

(picture it starting off soft, but building to a high crescendo...)

Do...with which I buy my beer
Re...the guy I buy beer from
Mi...the guy I buy beer for
Fa...the distance to the store
So...I think I'll have a beer
La...la la la la la laaaaa
Ti...no thanks I'll have a beer
And that brings us back to...

Marching along we're adventurers
Singing the song of adventurers
Up or Down, North, South, East or West
An Adventurer's life is best!
Kungaloosh!

Side note: does anyone know what name the maid with the long blonde hair goes by? I know each maid has their own name, but I've not heard it mentioned. She was there when we first went in 1999, and she was there again last December.

I remember a Dusty.

Even when the characters switch characters - we always have one known as the "real" Samantha.

Wish we knew them better.

Kungaloosh.:thumbsup2

Alas, we are unable to attend the final days of the Adventurer's Club (we're going a week too late), and are unable to say goodbye to Hathaway Brown, Samantha Sterling, Otis T. Wren, Emil Bleehall, Pamelia Perkins and the rest. Since I'm feeling a bit melancholy at the moment, I will leave you all with this song...you can all join in...

(picture it starting off soft, but building to a high crescendo...)

Do...with which I buy my beer
Re...the guy I buy beer from
Mi...the guy I buy beer for
Fa...the distance to the store
So...I think I'll have a beer
La...la la la la la laaaaa
Ti...no thanks I'll have a beer
And that brings us back to...

Marching along we're adventurers
Singing the song of adventurers
Up or Down, North, South, East or West
Kungaloosh!

Side note: does anyone know what name the maid with the long blonde hair goes by? I know each maid has their own name, but I've not heard it mentioned. She was there when we first went in 1999, and she was there again last December.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:drinking1 Kungaloosh !!!!

Was it Sugar Snap ? ;)

HOOPLA !!!!!!!

I was there last week but couldn't make it into the club because my kids (DD14 & DS11) were too tired and didn't want to go in....:sad2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:drinking1 Kungaloosh !!!!

Was it Sugar Snap ? ;)

HOOPLA !!!!!!!

Actually, I did some searching, and I'm pretty sure it was Gabby Normal. She talks with a nasal voice (at least while in character :). As said above, she is our "true" maid. When we were there in 1999 we went to the AC almost every night, and she was often the maid (didn't notice her in another role). At the time we called her "Pheobe" because of a resemblance to the Friends character. We were suprised to see her again in December.

There was also our "Samantha Sterling", who I've not seen again, but she played the role for several of the nights and I think she played Pamelia one other night. She was a redhead who kind of looked like Kate Walsh if I remember correctly (alas we didn't get a picture of her). She recognized us after a night or two and focused on us in the salon pretty often. We even got a chance to chat with her out of character a bit about the AC, etc.

Actually, I did some searching, and I'm pretty sure it was Gabby Normal. She talks with a nasal voice (at least while in character :). As said above, she is our "true" maid. When we were there in 1999 we went to the AC almost every night, and she was often the maid (didn't notice her in another role). At the time we called her "Pheobe" because of a resemblance to the Friends character. We were suprised to see her again in December.

There was also our "Samantha Sterling", who I've not seen again, but she played the role for several of the nights and I think she played Pamelia one other night. She was a redhead who kind of looked like Kate Walsh if I remember correctly (alas we didn't get a picture of her). She recognized us after a night or two and focused on us in the salon pretty often. We even got a chance to chat with her out of character a bit about the AC, etc.

In Oct '07, we went to AC several nights and had a wonderful time with "our"

Samantha Sterling.....she did the same thing, would chat out of character.

We were looking forward to taking family members there this December.

It's such a pity to see a wonderful place close....:sad1:

KUNGALOOSH!

I am so sad to see the Adventurer's Club come to an end. DH and I enjoyed our evenings there sooooo much! I do hope that the AC lives on somehow...obviously not in its current form, but hopefully somewhere on property.

HOOPLA!!

My friends just flew to MCO tonight to catch the last weekend of the club. I'm bummed that I never had the chance to say my final goodbyes. :(

I know Sugar Snap wasn't the maid back in 1999, because I was actually there on Sugar's first night. I won't forget it because she didn't realize the power of the maid skirt. I was on the poof in the Main Salon, and she accidentally knocked a bottle of beer over on me. Just got a little splash on the legs and feet. She felt so bad that she offered to bring me a pair of socks. :hug: Aww, I'll miss her. I hope I can see her performing in other venues, along with a lot of my favorite actors.

I was there last week but couldn't make it into the club because my kids (DD14 & DS11) were too tired and didn't want to go in....:sad2:

when DD was at PI the week before last, she said the line for the adventurers club was really really really long.....so she didn't bother....
of course, she never liked the AC (nor did any of us) so it makes sense she wasn't willing to wait in a line for it...

the place will probably be overrun tonight and tomorrow....

she did go to the comedy club where the show was of course focused on their closing - she said they were very funny....

I'm leaving tomorrow to go to Disney for the weekend, just for PI. I'm petrified of the crowd I am about to get caught up in, but I CANNOT miss this!!

I've brought many a friend and family member to AC. I'm sad for all the people I never got a chance to bring there!

KUNGALOOSH!

Tammy

Thinking about it more, I was thinking how great it would be for the crowds outside to sing these songs, walking around DTD, on the final night. Especially if you come across some curious Disney Management, everyone could surround them, sing the songs, give them the salute (no, not that one - the AC salute), and let them know what they have lost...

I was watching some of the YouTube videos made over the last days, and DW started getting teary and calling Disney mgmt "jerks". She's pulled out our shirts and canteen from 1999...

If there was any way I could get down there tonight, I would be leading the songs all around DTD...but I'm off to make some Kungalooshes...

I was watching some of the YouTube videos made over the last days, and DW started getting teary and calling Disney mgmt "jerks". She's pulled out our shirts and canteen from 1999...

If there was any way I could get down there tonight, I would be leading the songs all around DTD...but I'm off to make some Kungalooshes...

WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

(doconeill's sad wife!)

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter