Fantillusion during a thunderstorm.

thelittlemermaid83

<font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome
Kudo's to the CM's who sacrificed there lifes for this on the 24th August. The storm started 10mins after the parade had started. I know a lot of them were scared and tramatised after.

Check out the video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/irZLqm4H3hE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/irZLqm4H3hE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Luckily nobody was hurt.

wow i really want to see fantillusion but i dont think i would stand in a thunder and lightning storm with ash to see it lol

Someone said the lightening nearly hit the Mickey float and if it did it would of been split in half...how scary is that. Poor Mickey.

wow that is scary. guess they couldnt really stop the parade half way through but still it was really dangerous.

I would of been ****ting myself if i was working on that parade. Being outside in a thunderstorm is bad but being hooked up with electrics is even worse.

exactly thats why i am so surprised it still went on but at the same time i cant think of a way to safely get everyone off the parade route.

We were in the Studios when the storm started at just after 6pm that night, we stayed there for about 3/4 of and hour hoping it would just pass over. In a break of black clouds we ran over to the Park to catch the OUADP only to find it had been cancelled, (or had it? might have been an earlier parade now I think of it due to earlier closing) but they had staggered Characters around the park, in Liberty Arcade etc to ensure people still got their Character Fix.

When the heavens opened once again at about 7.45 we ran back to NPB via the Golden Arches and had a Macky D's picnic on the bed watching the storm out of the window (We didn't get in the bath or stand under a door frame like my mum had suggested on the phone- the usual precautions we were made to do as kids in thunderstorms).
As this was our last night at DLRP and the first night the park was closing earlier we had saved the watching of the FP until our last night 24/8.
We assumed because of the earlier cancellation of the OUADP that the FP would also be cancelled- so we decided to stay put and have an early night.

The storm lasted 6 hours and I thought there was noway anyone could be out in it............. little did I know hey!!

Millmolly

i would have done the same as you to be honest. no way would my child be out in a storm just to watch a parade

Wow how scary - the rain was amazing too! Wouldn't have liked to have been caught in that. Thunder storms don't really bother me but I know my DD1 would have been v traumatised!

Glad no-one was hurt.

All I can think of is if you were on Tower of Terror, right at the top when the doors open and all you see is a massive lightning strike! That would be amazing and make it even more terrifying and fantastic than it already is!

I can't believe it was on!! We were in Inventions and saw crowds coming out after OUAD was cancelled and just assumed fantillusion would be off. The weather seemed to get worse if anything, not better. I was actually ill that night but even if I'd been well, no way would we have gone out in that weather!!

OMG!! :scared1: I cant believe it was on....we were hoping to watch it that night, but assumed it would be cancelled, there was no way we were going out in that......I cant remember the last time Ive seen fork lightening like that!

All I can think of is if you were on Tower of Terror, right at the top when the doors open and all you see is a massive lightning strike! That would be amazing and make it even more terrifying and fantastic than it already is!

Can you imagine the TOT pics from that!!! :rotfl:

Imagine our situation. Our first full day in the park and decided on an early dinner ar 5.30 in the rainforest cafe - Where you have an indoor thunder storm every 20 mins only to head out at around 7.00 to forked lighting for real. We saw a clearing in the clouds over the castle and using my legendary forcasting skills decided it was blowing over and headed off to fantasy land. We spent 20 mins sheltering in the gate of the castle as it shook overhead with the thunder. it then took us nearly an hour to get back to the hotel HNY by dashing between sheltered areas. We spent the rest of the evening watching the spectactular forked lightining and torrential rain. It worked well thought because it happened overnight and next morning cleared up to be lovely..Not a show We were expecting to see but anothe rtalking point none the less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter