• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasyland in Soft Opening-Live Updates NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be "that guy", but a lot of people with CM friends knew about it like a week ago. People had to be told they were working today, and told friends. That's how I knew.

What I don't know however, and hope someone could tell me, is whether or not this will be open for the MNSSHP tonight.

They were saying it would be open until 6pm, so closing before MNSSHP

How exciting, cannot wait to see it next September. The attention to detail is absolutly amazing. :yay:

The staff has been told they're working every day from now on. But since it's the first day it's probably a good idea to hit it since it is open right now in case it does close for a private event or preview.

CM previews are the 22nd and should have the area closed off.

We will be hitting the World in 9 days. Does this mean we have a chance of hitting another open day during the week we are there?!

Looks great!
Now I hope they rennovate the old Fantasy Land to bring it up to at least par.

OMG, WHO CARES!!

This is an exciting day for all Disney fans and you are wasting your breath (in this case your fingers) complaining about who posted what first?

Let's all fawn over the cute cups over at Gaston's Tavern or how pretty incredible Ariel looks with her fins or even how whimsical and pretty everything look shall we?

This. Thank you Lucy!

Thanks for the link to the photos and the preview. I still have 118 days to go until my trip and I spent 2 days at work this week obsessing about Disney. Wednesday it was the discounts/codes, and today the excitement of the soft opening. Everything looks just amazing!! I absolutely can not wait! Getting to see the new FL will soften the blow of the Splash refurb.

This is great news! We will be there toward the end of October, which I understand is smack dab in the middle of the CM preview window. I am not counting on diddly squat, but it sure would be a stroke of luck if we were able even to just walk around the new area and see some of these lovely new visual elements. I don't even need to experience the attractions; I've been on LM in DCA so can pretty much use my imagination about what the MK version will look like.

We will be hitting the World in 9 days. Does this mean we have a chance of hitting another open day during the week we are there?!

I was wondering that myself! I really had not even dreamed of a soft opening this soon. Now I am so excited at the chance for it to be open on our visit.:thumbsup2

I am so excited about this, I have also spent most of my day looking at pics of new fantasyland & I just can't get over how amazing it is.

Our next stay is mid-June 2013, I have to live through photos, blog, trip reports, & dining reviews for now.

Thank you everyone for posting their pictures, videos, comments, & reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I was wondering that myself! I really had not even dreamed of a soft opening this soon. Now I am so excited at the chance for it to be open on our visit.:thumbsup2

We don't arrive until the afternoon of the 21st, so when mousermerf said they would be closing on the 22nd for CM previews I'm hoping that didn't mean that would be the end of the "previews" until the passholders' preview! (hoping the CM previews will only be a few days and we might get a chance again later in the week?!)

We are going to WDW on Thurs for 2 weeks. We won't be going back for at least 2 years after that so it would be great to see the new area but not counting on it.

Just wondering, once they start doing soft openings, how often do they usually do them between the first one (today) and official opening? Based on history? Like every few days? Or just once or twice?

Also, what are the chances of some Test Track soft openings soon?

We are going to WDW on Thurs for 2 weeks. We won't be going back for at least 2 years after that so it would be great to see the new area but not counting on it.

Just wondering, once they start doing soft openings, how often do they usually do them between the first one (today) and official opening? Based on history? Like every few days? Or just once or twice?

Also, what are the chances of some Test Track soft openings soon?

Test Track is still gutted. It does not reopen until Dec. 6. I would not expect it to be open at all during your trip.

We missed it by 4 days:sad:. Oh well, the pictures are amazing. The imagineers have really outdone themselves:thumbsup2pixiedust:

maiapapaya said:
We don't arrive until the afternoon of the 21st, so when mousermerf said they would be closing on the 22nd for CM previews I'm hoping that didn't mean that would be the end of the "previews" until the passholders' preview! (hoping the CM previews will only be a few days and we might get a chance again later in the week?!)

It depends on when you're leaving. CM previews are scheduled to take almost 2 weeks. If I remember right they end on November 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter