Fantasyland Expansion

Doc Goofy

Mouseketeer
My apologies to Robo for my being snarky last week about having to give up Mickey's and Minnie's houses for "too much Dumbo". We had a chance to walk around the part of new FL that has been completed earlier this week, including a peek at the Little Mermaid castle/meet-greet/ride and Belle's Village with Gaston's pub, etc. Gaston came arrogantly striding about, which thrilled us all. Seeing the B&B castle perched overhead is amazing. There was a lot of filming going on and it may be that a few people got to peek at Be Our Guest as well, but not while we were there. This part of the park really provides the same type of emersion feel, albeit on a smaller scale, that the Harry Potter world over at I of A does.

The Little Mermaid ride has some features, plus an amazing backdrop, that make it MUCH better than the one at Disneyland IMO. It appears that the scale of the characters is bigger/more life-size, which is a big improvement.

The Dumbo rides are just gorgeous!

In short, I loved what I saw of the new expansion and can't wait to revisit in a couple of years to see more. :woohoo:

I am so glad that you loved it. The new dumbo ride is very special for my husband and I as it was our first ride as a married couple. The whole experience in the new area is so amazing.

The Ariel ride is actually at DCA (right next to the San Francisco area of the Park - Palace of Fine Arts) not in Disneyland. I thought it was well done and can't wait to see what they did with it at the Magic Kingdom. With the scope and real estate they have, I'm sure it is very grand! Four more months to go until I am back on the East Coast!

We were in MK 10/12 and were able to preview the area! We rode LM and walked through Gaston's Tavern and the new gift shop. The line for Enchanted Tales with Belle was already 40 minutes by the time got to it so we passed. The new area is beautiful though! The queue for LM and the area surrounding it was awesome. We are going back next fall and cannot wait to see the progress they have made!

I wish they had relocated Mickey and Minnie's house. We did miss them. We did like the Circus theme but it doesn't scream Disney to us.

We really liked Belles Enchanted tales (we only had to wait about 10 minutes - really cool walking through the mirror). DD loved playing a part and the photopass pics were a nice touch. We got to look around BOG restaurant and it is so pretty. Not sure we would eat dinner there but maybe lunch.

But we still miss the mouse house :).

Coming from someone who never ever waits in a line, I would wait 40 minutes for enchanted tales with belle. It was THAT awesome (IF you have little ones). We were there on 10/13 with our 8 month old baby and saw everything, it was so amazing, and I agree, way better than I even imagined (though I was always excited about it LOL!). Can't WAIT for the Mine Train to open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter