fantasyland expansion question

I would not put hopes in that it will be open during the party I have read from the other soft openings that it is open from 10am-6pm therefore closing right before the party begins at 7pm. We will be there the 27-29 and I am not counting on seeing it as that is when CM previews are.

Someone posted on another thread that it was open for them at yesterdays party

The real test will come once FLE is out of public soft openings as of this weekend. Nobody knows yet (and Disney is not saying officially) if they will continue to have the FLE area open to all- during parties or any other time- after this week.

We are arriving on 11/1 and leaving 11/6. We hadn't planned on attending the last MNSSHP, but IF there are eyewitness accounts of all partygoers being able to see the expansion AFTER ths week, we might go ahead and spend the $$ on the MNSSHP.

How do you know for sure it will be open for all parties moving forward?

I talked with a couple managers last night and they all indicated the area is open for good now. I was mostly inquiring about Gaston's set location during the party and wondered if it would be moving, I was told "eventually." Implying that the area should be open for future parties. I'll investigate more tomorrow.

I would not put hopes in that it will be open during the party I have read from the other soft openings that it is open from 10am-6pm therefore closing right before the party begins at 7pm. We will be there the 27-29 and I am not counting on seeing it as that is when CM previews are.

Considering that information has already been dis proven (considering it's been open past 6pm on both party AND non-party nights), I wouldn't stick to that outline.

Someone posted on another thread that it was open for them at yesterdays party

Yep - I was there and can confirm! :thumbsup2

Another point of note - CM previews end at 7pm, there's nothing saying that can't open in to everyone afterward.

Again, I'll investigate tomorrow.

I talked with a couple managers last night and they all indicated the area is open for good now. I was mostly inquiring about Gaston's set location during the party and wondered if it would be moving, I was told "eventually." Implying that the area should be open for future parties. I'll investigate more tomorrow.

Considering that information has already been dis proven (considering it's been open past 6pm on both party AND non-party nights), I wouldn't stick to that outline.

Another point of note - CM previews end at 7pm, there's nothing saying that can't open in to everyone afterward.

Thanks for the additional info, and I look forward to tomorrow's report. :goodvibes

Berlioz70 said:

Good point about the after 7... I'll be standing by!! (And another follow-up, of course: if the cm previews start at 10 am, and MK opens at 10, might regular guests be allowed in then?)

What time does it open to guests during MNSSHP? (On nights following the CM previews?)

Well be there 31st - 14, going to the last 2 mnsshp and the first mvmcp, what are the chances well see FLE? It's okay if we doing get to do ETWB or the little mermaid ride but we'd really like to walk around, see Maurice's cabin, go into gastons tavern etc. obviously the ride would be a perk but we aren't getting our hopes up. Well probably go to MK on the 1st but after that we just go with the flow so any day is a possibility.

So is it also a good bet that it will be open during the first MVMCPs before the official general preview on the 19th? We have Christmas party tickets on the 15th :)

I'm a little confused. We arrive on 10/20, with plenty of time to hit up a park. If we go to MK, will FLE be open? We are also going to MNSSHP on 10/23, so that might be a better chance I guess. I'm looking forward to any intel anyone can share. Thank you!

So here's what I've learned, the new area is expected to be open for all regular park hours (not sure about EMH).

Therefore, CM previews are 8-7 on party nights, implying the area will open to regular Guests after 7. CM previews are 8-10 on non-party nights, implying the area will open to regular Guests after 10.

We have to wait for the first CM preview day to get a fully functional idea of how it'll all work, but I maintain my confidence in my original statement:

"The new area is expected to be open for all Parties going forward. "

We were in the park yesterday for EMH and it was open to everyone. We saw the inside of BOG and Gastons was open and serving a lot of folks. We were invited in to ride the Little Mermaid ride--it was fun by the way. Parts of the expansion were still fenced off. We thought we rec'd a pixie dusting for sure because it was a reg. night no party.

So here's what I've learned, the new area is expected to be open for all regular park hours (not sure about EMH).

Therefore, CM previews are 8-7 on party nights, implying the area will open to regular Guests after 7. CM previews are 8-10 on non-party nights, implying the area will open to regular Guests after 10.

We have to wait for the first CM preview day to get a fully functional idea of how it'll all work, but I maintain my confidence in my original statement:

:faint: Thank you!!!!

We were at WDW October 7th through 15th (yesterday). We had visited the Magic Kingdom early-on in our trip and had zero plans on going back. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were primarily EPCOT days.

I read here on DIS on the 13th that someone reported going in to the new Fantastyland area. After a bit of coaxing, DH agreed to alter our last official Park day (the 15th we had not planned anything specific as that's our "What did we miss?" day). The plan? Go to MK around 10am, go directly to new Fantasyland area (we had no clue where that was, btw :rotfl:) and see if there were any indications that we could get in. If not, off to EPCOT we would go.

After a slow start, soooo tired by day seven, we got to MK at 11am. We asked where the new FL entrance was IF it was open. We followed directions and - LOOK! - the gate was open and guests were wandering in. We hurried in, worried they would close it right in front of us! hahaha!

We were able to wander throughout, ride Ariel's (although we did not), go into Gaston's (the brew is YUMMY!), explore the entire area, experience Storytelling with Belle, and the highlight (for me), see Be Our Guest Dining Room, entryway, etc.... It is GORGEOUS!

I took oodles of pictures and a bit of video. After all, we won't be back for two years. :sad1: But we WILL be back. :)

I spoke with a manager in the area who said that they are planning on "Dress Rehearsals" (what they are calling this time) "pretty regularly unless there is the need to close off the area." If they have major changes to make, it may not be open, but otherwise, it sounds --- from everyone we spoke with --- like it will be open to the general public for a while. There are cast members scheduled daily.

Their goal is to watch how things work. As was explained to us, there are some managers that are simply watching "guest flow" to see where do people go, where is signage needed, where are there backups, etc.... There are managers watching the cast to see if what they are doing "works" or if it needs to be something different. There are cast at Be Our Guest showing menus and answering questions, with managers listening to the questions being asked. Essentially, they are learning.

The entire area is wonderful. We know it is not the finished deal, but given that we will not be back for two years, we (well, okay, probably I) were VERY excited to be able to see it. The detail is great and the BOG restaurant just feels so incredibly special.

Thank you to the DISers who posted that they went in on Saturday, you made my Sunday.

Hope this information helps,
Dreams

Hi, we will be there also Oct. 22nd thru the 28th and at MNSSHP on the 23rd party: Thank you everyone for posting your experience :) So excited for MNSSHP and to see the FLE!! :thumbsup2 Joan

The question I have is when do CM previews start for sure since some say the 20th and others the 21st.

Where is the entrance to the new FantasyLand part then?

I imagine it is some sort of magic portal? Or like Platform 9 3/4 on Harry Potter?

But seriously, where do we find it?

I am so so sorry to post this, but I am not familiar with some of the lingo on this site, and to be honest, I was trying to read through for info, and I was completely confused! :confused3

Here is my question:
I will be in Disney Oct 27th-Nov 2nd
We will be at MK on Oct 30th and Oct 31st, and attending the MNSSHP on the 31st
WHAT was my chances/odds that I will be able to see the rest of the Fantasyland Expansion???

Again, sorry to post something so trivial and redundant but this is my first trip to Disney and this section of the expansion is the one I was dying to see with all my heart and had come to terms with it not being open when we went....I sound ridiculous and I am so sorry for that!

Thanks for anyone helping me out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter