Fantasyland Construction Pics - From atop Dumbo

OandA

But Enough of This Palaver, Lets Get This Show On
I posted these last week but for some reason they were HUUUUUGE. I shrunk them so people could see the whole picture on their screen instead of only 1/12th of the picture.

I took these between 9/9 and 9/18 of this year.

DSC00570-1.jpg

DSC00573-1.jpg

DSC00572-1.jpg

DSC00571-1.jpg

DSC09690-1.jpg

DSC09689-1.jpg

DSC00568-1.jpg

DSC00569-1.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

DSC09686.jpg

DSC09687-1.jpg

DSC09688-1.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Beasts castle looks beautiful. I hope Be Our Guest restaurant is ready by December 2012.

I thought I remember hearing that Fantasyland would be opened in stages. Does anyone know what they will open first. Is there a timeline printed somewhere with how and what will be opened and when?

I thought I remember hearing that Fantasyland would be opened in stages. Does anyone know what they will open first. Is there a timeline printed somewhere with how and what will be opened and when?

Saw this somewhere on here, but it's saved on my desktop for future reference.

New Fantasyland expansion opening timeline
# Complete - Hundred Acre Wood facade for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
# Early 2012 - Half of Storybook Circus with double Dumbo, Great Goofini coaster, Fantasyland Train Station, Casey Jr.
# Late 2012 - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall
# Early 2013 - Remaining half of Storybook Circus with Pete’s Silly Sideshow
# Late 2013 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster

What's with the tan rock cliff face there? I can't put together what ride that would be associated with, besides the mine train, but that isn't the right spot for it.

Awesome!! I love riding Dumbo and seeing the construction. I want to eat at Be My Guest like yesterday!! I cant wait to see the theming !

What's with the tan rock cliff face there? I can't put together what ride that would be associated with, besides the mine train, but that isn't the right spot for it.

If we're looking at the same picture, that is going to be part of Eric's castle facade for the Little Mermaid ride.

Not to hijack but you may be just the person I need to ask..what exactly is open in Fantasyland? I don't mean just whats new, I mean everything. I must be searching things incorrectly because all I can find is either old lists of attractions or the schedule of the staged openings for the new stuff. I'm helping a friend plan her FIRST trip and she has a 6 year old so this is need to know information!! I don't want to tell her "Go to this ride, this show and this ride" and then have her get down there and be confused because I gave her the wrong info.

Not to hijack but you may be just the person I need to ask..what exactly is open in Fantasyland? I don't mean just whats new, I mean everything. I must be searching things incorrectly because all I can find is either old lists of attractions or the schedule of the staged openings for the new stuff. I'm helping a friend plan her FIRST trip and she has a 6 year old so this is need to know information!! I don't want to tell her "Go to this ride, this show and this ride" and then have her get down there and be confused because I gave her the wrong info.

When are they going?

As of right now, here's what's open:
Peter Pan
iasw
Philharmagic
Carousel
Dumbo
Snow White
Pooh
Teacups

The only things that will close due to the expansion will be Snow White (getting turned in to the Princess meet and greet area) and Dumbo (getting moved over to Storybook Circus). But no word on yet on when those closures will happen.

My friend is going Nov 12 through the 18th. She booked at 60 days out...I had a little bit of a heart attack when I heard that. She has absolutely no idea what she's getting herself into.

WHAT! Snow White is going to close? Are you sure about that? That is an original ride from opening day! I rode that in 1973 and take my kids on it every time! Are you sure it is going bye bye? I am sooooo upset! What is next - the Jungle Ride?

I think that's probably for the little mermaid attraction, because I also noticed in the pics the start of Price Eric's Castle being built. I'm a little pysched to see how they do on Fantasyland, and I have to wonder how they'll pull off the Be Our Guest's restaurant idea for being a daytime counter service and a later in-the-day Table service. Maybe they could have Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts animatronics that take the orders or perform?

WHAT! Snow White is going to close? Are you sure about that? That is an original ride from opening day! I rode that in 1973 and take my kids on it every time! Are you sure it is going bye bye? I am sooooo upset! What is next - the Jungle Ride?

I was upset about this too! That's saying goodbye to another Fantasyland attraction, just like with Mr. Toad! And just to meet the Princesses! Really?! That's an awful excuse. Why not just have the Princesses walk around Fantasyland to do a meet and greet thing?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter