Fantasy - Which Main Dining Room to skip for Remy?

saxguy71

Earning My Ears
We've decided to try to get reservations for Remy on our trip. We're probably going to try for reservations on one of the regular rotational dining nights. Which of the three restaurants would you skip on a standard menu night? I know there's no way to know for sure the rotation.

We've decided to try to get reservations for Remy on our trip. We're probably going to try for reservations on one of the regular rotational dining nights. Which of the three restaurants would you skip on a standard menu night? I know there's no way to know for sure the rotation.
You can go here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/ and view the menus yourself to decide which doesn't appeal to you as much.

We prefer to hit the specialty dining venues on Pirate night.

I have done Remy early and then stopped at Late seating dinner, just to see how the food was and to have dinner with other friends and family. Yes, we were full from dinner at Remy, but the time with friends was worth it also and to try anything we felt we may have missed.

JW

I know they said Remy dinner takes 3-3.5 hours. Is it considered rude to request that they pace it a little faster?

I know they said Remy dinner takes 3-3.5 hours. Is it considered rude to request that they pace it a little faster?
You can ask politely and they will do what they can to speed things up. But you really do the restaurant an injustice when you do that, IMHO.

I agree with OKW Lover, although the dinner takes 3-3.5hrs it does not feel like it. They pace the dinner in such a way that you have just enough time to enjoy each dish and chat about it with your dinner mates before the next course is brought out.

I have no issues with the 3-3.5 hours. I'm just hoping my daughter enjoys the club on that night. We're going to try to get reservations on the second night.

AP, to be honest, is a bit overrated because of the gimmick. Food there was easily worst of the three imo.

AP is my least favorite. On the regular night it's loud and Crush only talks to a few of the tables. On the last night it's such a rush to get your drawing done then it's only on the screen for a few moments. Also the meal is limited.

You might want to consider doing brunch at Remy, so that you don't miss any MDR menus. My wife and I went to Remy brunch on our cruise last fall and it was one of the highlights of our cruise. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong.

I try to skip AP on the night of the Animation show. I don't like the show very much at all and I hate the fact that my menu selection is so reduced. I did not like the soup at all and out of the appetizer trio I only liked one thing. Since I get to experience so little of the menu that is served on that night, I find it the best night to not eat in the MDR. We loved the Enchanted Garden rotational menu and this is the one dining room I would not miss.

I think it is very personal which dining room you will like best and which you will like the least and the same goes for the menus. There is not the ONE recommendation that fits for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter